Los Angeles Homeless Shelters & Services For The Needy
Welcome to our Los Angeles, California Homeless Shelters and Services for the needy page. Below are all of the homeless shelters and services for the needy that provide help to those in need for Los Angeles, CA and surrounding cities.
We also provide other homeless resources such as transitional resources for the homeless. Homeless clinic and treatment center resources are also provided on the right navigational bar.
Many shelters also provide services such as alcohol and drug rehab treatment along with clinics. I try to provide as much information as possible on my details pages.
Los Angeles , CA 90028 3.21 miles from city center Los Angeles
323-957-7364 LA Youth Network (LAYN) provides shelter and stabilization services for homeless teens ages 12-17. LAYN is located in Hollywood, CA. See more details
Los Angeles, CA 90028 (323)469-2946 Service high risk youth ages 12-18. Drop In Center on site hours 5:30-9:30.
The program provides runaway services for youth 12 to 17 years who are in the Hollywood area. Services include a drop-in center, an outreach program and referrals to other programs. Services are restricted to See more details
Los Angeles, CA 90028 (323) 960-3333 Provides emergency housing for homeless individuals in Los Angeles County, called Interim Housing. The purpose of Interim Housing is to provide safe, stable housing for chronically homeless individuals who are waiting for available long-term housing.
Los Angeles, CA 90025 (310) 477-9539 The agency provides shelter services for homeless families, veterans with families, and former foster children with families in the West Los Angeles area. Services include transitional housing/shelter. A referral is required from the short-term transitional or emergency shelter or other community ba See more details
Los Angeles, CA 90073 310-914-5495 New Directions for Veterans is a nonprofit organization that has helped our nation's heroes successfully address the challenges of life after military service since 1992. Located in two homes in Mar Vista, New Directions Oasis for Veteran Women specializes in serving displaced female veterans and de See more details
Los Angeles, CA 90018 3232939778 Our mission at Friends Helping Friends is to provide safe and comfortable housing to those who are homeless and those at risk of homelessness. We are dedicated to breaking the cycle of homelessness by providing the resources and support necessary to promote positive, healthy and independent living.
See more details
Los Angeles, CA 90008 800-479-7328 Jenesse's mission is to provide victims of domestic violence and their children with a comprehensive centralized base of support that is culturally responsive, and ensures their transition from immediate crisis to stability and self-sufficiency. Jenesse seeks to prevent and end the cycle of domestic See more details
Los Angeles, CA 90008 323-299-9496 Jenesse Center, Inc. is more than just a shelter for survivors of domestic violence. We are a family institute with programs, services and outreach efforts that rebuild lives, reunite families and enrich our community. Jenesse removes barriers to peace for families.
Our mission is to provide vic See more details
Burbank, CA 91507 5.98 miles from city center Los Angeles
818-588-6723 Family Promise of the Verdugos helps homeless children and their families by providing housing, food, and intense case management services that focus on each family obtaining financial independence.
Family Promise of the Verdugos is a non-profit, interfaith hospitality network providing temporary See more details
Los Angeles, CA 90026 213-353-0775 Hope for Homeless Youth provide free shelter and rehab programs for trouble youths of the inter city. We target teenage prostitutes, runaways, drug , alcohol addicts & gang members.
See more details
Los Angeles, CA 90059 213 235-1460 Good Shepherd Center for Homeless Women is a transitional housing residence. We Currently has openings and requirements are that you are employed a minimum of 20 hours a week. If interested please feel free to call
Languille Emergency Shelter provides a temporary home for up to 30 wom See more details
Santa Monica, CA 90404 6.81 miles from city center Los Angeles
310-883-1222 OPCC's Safe Haven is an interim housing and day program that serves chronically homeless individuals who have had a history of challenges connecting with service providers. Safe Haven is based on an understanding that the mental health and addiction disorders of this population are lifelong. This pr See more details
Los Angeles, CA 90066 (310) 398-0191 The program provides residential treatment for substance abuse for homeless veterans, including those who have dual-diagnosis. Services includes a residential alcohol treatment program and a residential drug abuse treatment program, including a special program for female veterans and the female depe See more details
Los Angeles, CA 90043 323-758-5433 Good Seed Shelter provides temporary housing to Transition Age Youth (TAY) ages 18-25 years old who are also in need of mental health services. These young men not only need a warm bed, but they also need guidance to help navigate the complicated, and often confusing social services network. Our cli See more details
Los Angeles, CA 90007 213-744-8186 Hope Harbor, originally Harmony Hall, was founded in 1978 to provide continuing support for men and women who successfully graduated from Salvation Army recovery programs. The facility's framework offers substance abuse treatment for those who have already gone through detox, as well as residential See more details
Glendale, CA 91204 7.56 miles from city center Los Angeles
( 818) 246-5586 When calling use extension 133.
This is a Salvation Army Glendale Corps Transitional Housing location for homeless single mothers and children. Single mothers must have been in an emergency shelter for a minimum of 30 days. See more details
Los Angeles, CA 90014 (213) 488-0031 The program provides a drop-in center for homeless mentally ill adults who are primarily in the Skid Row area of downtown Los Angeles. The center provides homeless support services for people who have a chronic mental illness, including people who have developmental disabilities or a dual diagnosis See more details
Van Nuys, CA 91411 8.01 miles from city center Los Angeles
8189084474 ext. 0 Children of the Night's 24- bed home, located in the Los Angeles suburb of Van Nuys, California, provides refuge, food, clothing, an on-site school, counseling, and emotional support for child prostitutes from all over the United States. Children of the Night is a VOLUNTARY program for children who See more details
Los Angeles, CA 90014 213-624-9258 To be the premier provider of life changing services to people experiencing homelessness in Southern California. Provides Addiction Treatment, Emergency Services, and Family Housing.
The Midnight Mission offers a path to self-sufficiency to men, women and children who have lost everyt See more details
Santa Monica, CA 90403 8.04 miles from city center Los Angeles
(310) 452-1223 Pregnant Women's Shelter The women we serve at Harvest Home are in crisis–they are pregnant, and they are homeless (or soon to be homeless). Often, they are without the support of family or the father of the baby. They are making the courageous choice to parent their child in spite of overwhelm See more details
Los Angeles, CA 90013 (213) 347-6300 One of the nation's largest provider of continuous emergency shelter services, URM provides comprehensive care for men, women, and children who are experiencing homelessness.
A person's first point of contact with URM is with our Emergency (Guest) Services, where their immediate physical needs ar See more details
Los Angeles, CA 90013 231-626-4681 Provides temporary shelter, hot meals and shares the Gospel of Jesus Christ to those persons that find themselves without home, food and are socially dislocated, friendly hands of mercy cater to an assembly of diverse ethnic origins that have come to share a common denominator. Preaching the Word of See more details
Venice, CA 90291 8.46 miles from city center Los Angeles
(310) 399-6878 The agency operates a homeless service center for homeless people of all ages. Services include case management; information and referral to community resources, including shelter referrals; advocacy for public benefits; hot meals; showers; laundry facilities; clean clothes; toiletries. There are no See more details
North Hollywood, CA 91601 8.83 miles from city center Los Angeles
(818) 982-4196 Affordable, Temporary, Supportive Housing, Low Income Housing
The residents served in our shelters and apartments represent a broad spectrum of income, geographic and ethnic diversity.
LAFH serves homeless and low-income families with children and single adults who arrive at the agen See more details
Sun Valley, CA 91352 9.16 miles from city center Los Angeles
818.392.0020 Our Mission is to attract people and resources to assist in the effort of meeting the needs of every hungry and homeless man, woman and child in the greater Los Angeles area. Through strategic partnerships and services, we empower our clients with the faith, knowledge, resources and skills to lead a See more details
Los Angeles, CA 90044 (323) 759-2544 The program provides personal goods for people who live in zip code 90044 and surrounding areas. Services include clothing for people who are referred by a community service agency. Services are restricted to zip code 90044 and surrounding areas.
Los angeles, CA 90001 10.05 miles from city center Los Angeles
323-667-4696 We assist veterans and mentally disabled persons to prevent homelessness. Educate and prevent alcohol and drug abuse, Because 71% of homelessness is directly related to addiction. See more details
Los Angeles, CA 90003 (323) 376-7919 Monthly-$495.00
We Accept Social Security, SSI Vouchers, BR Pilot Program, Veterans, etc
Emergency & Transitional Living For Single Women And Men
Three (3) Meals Daily
Telephone Services< See more details
Los Angeles,, CA 90044 11.18 miles from city center Los Angeles
(323)755-9702 Higher Goals, Inc. was incorporated in 1992 to bring hope and help to those suffering and homeless in Los Angeles neighborhoods. Originally a service arm of the Prayer Time Mission founded in 1971 by Dorothy and John Thompson, the ministry was a response to a growing community need for assistance wi See more details
Huntington Park, CA 90255 11.66 miles from city center Los Angeles
(323) 388-7324 The Homeless Prevention Rapid re-housing Program provides services to homeless individuals and persons who are at risk of homelessness. 211 L A County does not provide eligibility criteria for individual entitlement cities. Inquirers must call in order to be screened and to apply for homeless preven See more details
Watts, CA 90059 12.49 miles from city center Los Angeles
(323) 563-5639 The program provides a homeless access center for homeless individuals and families who are in the South Central area of Los Angeles. Services include case management, comprehensive information and referral to community services, clothing and telephone facilities. Services are restricted to people w See more details
Bell, CA 90201 13.40 miles from city center Los Angeles
323-263-1206 one of the largest homeless shelters in the nation- Operates a comprehensive program that offers transitional care for up to 350 homeless men and women. The goal of Bell Shelter is to meet the needs of the homeless population by addressing the reasons why people become homeless and assisting them in See more details
Northridge, CA 91325 13.45 miles from city center Los Angeles
(818) 785-4476 90 Bed Shelter . The new facility includes private family bedrooms, a commercial kitchen, common dining room and living spaces, meeting rooms, computer education center, playground and garden â€“ all geared toward helping families achieve a brighter future.
Staff works with families to establis See more details
Pasadena, CA 91105 13.52 miles from city center Los Angeles
(626) 240-4550 The 56 bed Adult Center provides homeless men and women with safe, substance free shelter, meals and supportive services. The Adult Center is also home to our Community Meals and Shower programs.
Safe shelter, with separate dorms for men and women.
Case See more details
Pasadena, CA 91103 13.80 miles from city center Los Angeles
626.277.8135 Back To Life located in NW Pasadena has over 15 years experience working with adults in transition. The comfortable Community Living House is centrally located with easy access to public transportation, provides one meal a day, and a supportive group of peers & colleagues. Contact on-site Manager f See more details
Pasadena, CA 91103 13.80 miles from city center Los Angeles
(626) 797-2402 The Homeless Prevention Rapid re-housing Program provides services to homeless individuals and persons who are at risk of homelessness. 211 L A County does not provide eligibility criteria for individual entitlement cities. Inquirers must call in order to be screened and to apply for homeless preven See more details
Pasadena, CA 91101 13.86 miles from city center Los Angeles
626-403-4888 Centennial Place is a 144 unit permanent housing facility in Pasadena for single adults. Residents pay approximately 30% of their income to rent private single-occupancy units with community kitchens.
Union Station Homeless Services provides on-site case management and supportive serv See more details
Lynwood, CA 90262 13.87 miles from city center Los Angeles
(323) 242-5000 The Homeless Family Solutions System (HFSS) is a coordinated, regionally-based and community driven system implemented in Service Planning Area (SPA) 6 of South Los Angeles by the Weingart Center for the Homeless. The HFSS utilizes an integrated network of providers, including SHIELDS, to prov See more details
Pasadena, CA 91101 13.93 miles from city center Los Angeles
626-403-4888 Euclid Villa provides 14 apartments with supportive services for families transporting out of homelessness. Families pay 30% of their income for rent, while gaining the skills, stability and confidence they need to secure permanent housing.
Gardena , CA 90248 14.33 miles from city center Los Angeles
(562) 293-7595 GRCN is a non profit organization providing Adult Transitional living for Veterans. We provide a clean and sober quality home is west Los Angeles with multiple services based on the need of each individual.
SERVICES PROVIDED TO VETERANS IN THE PROGRAM
Pasadena , CA 90026 14.75 miles from city center Los Angeles
626-240-4550 The 50-bed Family Center is a safe, nurturing place for homeless parents and children to rebuild their lives and achieve self-sufficiency.
WHAT WE PROVIDE
Case management and referrals
Medical and mental health services See more details
Canoga Park, CA 91303 14.85 miles from city center Los Angeles
818-884-4409 Our purpose is to provide our residents with a long term clean and sober home with quality meals and a self-help work program that provides each person with the opportunity of turning their lives around.
We have discovered, in working with the homeless since 1962, that the problem is fa See more details
Canoga Park, CA 91307 15.27 miles from city center Los Angeles
8188847587 providing emergency food to anyone in need, providing scheduled food for registered clients, providing used clothing, and vocational training assistance, medical assistance periodically See more details
COMPTON, CA 90221 15.72 miles from city center Los Angeles
323-577-5941 424-785-7781 Transitional Living Shelters.
- Transitional Housing for Women and Children (6 mos. To 1 yr.) prepare for Permanent Housing
- Emergency Shelter for Homeless Families (3 mos. To 6mos )
- In-Take, Assessment & Case Management
PLEASE CALL FOR AN PHONE INTERVIEW
Freida Jordan See more details
Compton, CA 90220 15.83 miles from city center Los Angeles
(310) 605-5527 The Homeless Prevention Rapid re-housing Program provides services to homeless individuals and persons who are at risk of homelessness. 211 L A County does not provide eligibility criteria for individual entitlement cities. Inquirers must call in order to be screened and to apply for homeless preven See more details
COMPTON , CA 90221 16.22 miles from city center Los Angeles
310-631-9516 T.E.A.M. HOUSING is a privately owned organization that has been providing affordable housing and support for the homeless in Southern California since 1997. See more details
Downey, CA 90242 17.14 miles from city center Los Angeles
562 900 8664 Share housing share a room all utilities included WiFi cable ready fully furnished heating/ac central air* women only). See more details
COMPTON, CA 90221 17.32 miles from city center Los Angeles
310-735-6356 Our mission is to assist men and women who have become victims of society, and provide emergency assistance through our transitional housing. We offer emotional support, self-sufficiency.Through community partnership, we will provide services to our clients, we understand that this is limitless proc See more details
Long Beach, CA 90805 19.53 miles from city center Los Angeles
5623131257o We provide shelter to woman and men. Open from in by 7pm and out by 7am. We will provide our guest with free finger foods,beds,and a small bag of toiletries,clothes,shoes and whatever we have at that time. We are looking forward to sharing our blessing. See more details
El Monte, CA 91731 19.91 miles from city center Los Angeles
(626) 442-4357 Eligibility To be eligible for any service through the Homeless Family Solutions System (HFSS), a household seeking assistance must: Meet the definition of a family. Must be facing a housing crisis. Because the Family Solutions Centers (FSC) See more details
Bellflower, CA 90706 19.95 miles from city center Los Angeles
(424)205-0369 Residential inpatient care for men and women who has lost their way.
At The Fountain is a non-profit corporation governed by 501c3 status, and offers affordable housing facilities, in a shared living environment, for men women and families. we are governed by spiritual leaders who are See more details
Wilmington, CA 90744 22.38 miles from city center Los Angeles
310-518-3667 The only shelter in the Southbay area for single women. This is a 7 night stay. intake is done 9am-noon M-Sat. Call first for availability.
Office hours: Mondays through Saturdays (except Wednesdays) 9am - 12 noon. One Wednesdays we are open from 10am - 12 noon.
Wilmington, CA 90744 22.38 miles from city center Los Angeles
310-830-7063 7 day emergency shelter. call for intake information.
Our mission is to minister the love and grace of Jesus Christ to the homeless
in the South Bay by providing a safe and nurturing environment where they
can receive food, clothing, temporary shelter, discipleship and spiritual
enco See more details
LOS ANGELES, CA 90024 22.42 miles from city center Los Angeles
2134799475 THE SHELTER IS AIMED AT NOT ONLY TAKING IN PREGNANT GIRLS AND WOMEN WHO ARE HOMELESS, BUT WHO ARE SEEKING REFUGE FROM A SPOUSE WHO BATTERS AND BEATS THEM CONSTANTLY, SOME OF THESE WOMEN AND GIRLS HAVE NO ONE TO TURN TO AND SOME ARE AFRAID OF THE SCRUITY THEY WILL FACE FROM THE WORLD AND THEIR FRIEND See more details
Long Beach, CA 90813 23.09 miles from city center Los Angeles
(562) 733-1147 Provides a variety of support services for homeless and low-income families in Los Angeles County. Services are targeted, but not restricted, to families with children age 18 and younger. Services include case management, housing services and technical assistance. Geographic restrictions apply for s See more details
Canyon Country, CA 91351 23.29 miles from city center Los Angeles
661-251-2867 We are a 365 day a year shelter program. With the help from community faith organizations and hundreds of volunteers, Family Promise of SCV provides children and their families, shelter, meals, and supportive services to help them regain self-reliance. See more details
Long Beach, CA 90803 23.32 miles from city center Los Angeles
(562) 570-4900 Lydia House â€“ Services for Women and Children.
Our 50 bed Lydia House provides solace and hope in the face of abuse, addiction, financial hardship and abandonment. Lydia House also assists many in finding more acute care facilities, while striving to move all guests into semi-permanent See more details
Long Beach, CA 90813 23.38 miles from city center Los Angeles
(562) 591-1351 The program provides shelter for families, older adults and people who have a physical disability who are in Long Beach or in the surrounding cities. The shelter cannot accommodate people who have severe chronic emotional or mental problems or people who have chronic alcohol/drug abuse problems. Pre See more details
Santa Clarita, CA 91355 24.36 miles from city center Los Angeles
(661) 388-0082 Eligibility To be eligible for any service through the Homeless Family Solutions System (HFSS), a household seeking assistance must: Meet the definition of a family. Must be facing a housing crisis. Because the Family Solutions Centers (FSC) See more details
San Pedro, CA 90731 24.80 miles from city center Los Angeles
877-403-8016 Women begin their stay in a structured residential program which can last up to 90 days. Clients are invited to participate in the following activities:
San Pedro, CA 90731 24.90 miles from city center Los Angeles
(310) 547-3372 The program provides homeless support services for individuals in Los Angeles County. Services include outreach program for individuals ages 17 to 24 and families with children. The program assists people with finding housing options and may assist with temporary housing as well. Overall, the progra See more details
Los Alamitos, CA 90720 26.16 miles from city center Los Angeles
(562) 431-5025 Emergency Shelter
Process for entering PLS
All clients enter through the emergency phase of the program.
Beds are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
Clients or referring agencies should call to assess availability.
A phone interv See more details
Los Alamitos, CA 90720 26.22 miles from city center Los Angeles
(562) 594-6825 The purpose of Casa Youth Shelter is to provide temporary shelter for
runaways and youth in crisis, enabling them to come through the crisis
with an increased personal strength and a sense of renewal while in a
supportive environment, with family reunification as a primary goal.