3761 Stocker St
Los Angeles, CA - 90008
Jenesse's mission is to provide victims of domestic violence and their children with a comprehensive centralized base of support that is culturally responsive, and ensures their transition from immediate crisis to stability and self-sufficiency.
Jenesse seeks to prevent and end the cycle of domestic violence through youth programming, education, public awareness and outreach initiatives, public policy and advocacy strategies and collaboration with key partners.
Their program philosophy is based on the following principles:
- Domestic Violence is a societal issue; it affects the lives of all people in society
- Women and children are our primary clients
- Children are equal victims of domestic violence
- Clients should receive culturally sensitive and culturally competent services
- Shelter is only the beginning of intervention
- Clients must receive more than shelter â€“ they must receive life skills
- Services must transform victims into survivors
- Men have to be a part of the conversation
- Services must be provided to populations that are generally turned away elsewhere
- Public opinion and public policy must be impacted to combat domestic violence