Bishop Dudley Hospitality House
101 N. Indiana Ave
Sioux Falls, SD - 57103
The Bishop Dudley Hospitality House offers daytime and overnight emergency shelter for the homeless and most vulnerable. For the overnight emergency shelter, 80 men and 20 women can be housed by the shelter. There is a day room for men and a separate day room for women and their families. There are separate sleeping areas for men, women and families. Also, there is an operational 24 hours a day surveillance system for the safety of staff and guests.
Family Room Program: There are 7 individual family rooms that have 2 queen beds and a private bathroom with a shower. These rooms can house up to 5 family members. Families are allowed to move in and stay, however they will have to work with a Family Coordinator at the same time so that they can find transitional or permanent housing.
Day Program - From 8:00a.m. to 5:15p.m. every day
- Day Room Shelter which has tables, chairs, books, magazines, coffee and water
- Phone and computer use
- Showers - Hygiene items, towels and washcloths are provided
- Laundry - Detergent is provided
- Lunch: Monday to Friday at 11:30a.m.
Overnight Program - From 6:00p.m. to 7:00a.m. every day
- Emergency nighttime shelter
- Clean fitted sheet & clean flat sheet
- Shower/restroom access
- Laundry services
Overnight Program Schedule: Guest Check In is between 6:30p.m. and 10:00p.m. Quiet Hours are between 10:00p.m. and 6:00a.m. Wake up call 6:00a.m. and individuals are required to vacate the building by 6:45a.m. so that they can eat breakfast at The Banquet.
The maximum staying time is 30 days for free. After 30 days there is a charging fee as follows:
For individuals that have an active income source: For individuals that have no income source:
30 Nights: Free 1 - 30 Nights: Free must create plan
31 – 60 nights: Evening rate is $35.00 per week 31 – 60: will review stay every (2) weeks
61 – 90 nights: Evening rate is $49.00 per week 61 – 90: will review stay every (2) weeks
91 – 120 nights: Evening rate is $70.00 per week 91 – 120) will review stay every (2) weeks
Pay for stay – prepay only in cash one week at a time Individual will have to comply with chore chart
Additional Services Provided:
- Birthright: Infant/children’s items, including diapers: Monday through Wednesday and Friday 10:30a.m. to 2:00p.m.
- Counseling and Veteran Assistance: Tuesdays 11:00a.m. to Noon
- Goodwill of the Great Plains Mobile Job Center: Every other Wednesday from 1:00p.m. to 3:00p.m.
- Veterans Homeless Outreach
Contact the office for additional information.