Rockville Homeless Shelters & Services For The Needy
Welcome to our Rockville, Maryland Homeless Shelters and Services for the needy page. Below are all of the homeless shelters and services for the needy that provide help to those in need for Rockville, MD and surrounding cities.
We also provide other homeless resources such as transitional resources for the homeless. Homeless clinic and treatment center resources are also provided on the right navigational bar.
Many shelters also provide services such as alcohol and drug rehab treatment along with clinics. I try to provide as much information as possible on my details pages.
Rockville, MD 20850 240-777-4448 Motel placements. Emergency & transitional shelter placements. Counseling, case management. Assistance with applying for benefits. Heating & electric bill assistance. 240-777-4550 (Rockville & Energy Assistance). 240-777-3075 (Silver Spring) See more details
Rockville, MD 20850 301-424-1380 Provides transitional housing for 36 homeless men in a dormitory style setting, coordinated with substance abuse treatment and counseling, case management, and a required day treatment program. Also includes a computer lab where clients can get assistance with GED and employment preparation (resume See more details
Rockville, MD 20848 301-251-0567 Emergency housing: up to 30 days. Meals, Counseling. Case management
The Emergency/Assessment Shelter, the most well-known Stepping Stones program, provides shelter and services for up to 6 families at any one time, generally housing around 30 families each year, including more than 100 i See more details
Rockville, MD 20850 (301) 217-0314 Safe Havens is an emergency housing program for men and women with severe and persistent mental illness who have experienced homelessness, often for long periods of time. Safe Havens provides a safe and welcoming living environment with 24/7 support from clinical and non-clinical staff for more than See more details
Rockville, MD 20850 (301) 217-0314 The U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) Capitol Health Care Network, which includes the Baltimore and Washington DC VA Medical Centers, awarded MCCH funding in 2014 to provide Safe Havens emergency housing for veterans experiencing homelessness.
Rockville, MD 20850 301-217-0314 The Montgomery County Coalition for the Homeless is a leading organization dedicated to preventing and ending homelessness, by providing a range of programs and housing options.
Our housing and shelter programs:
Cordell Place - MCCH's newest award winning program provides p See more details
Rockville, MD 20852 3017702413 Sophia House provides a short term emergency shelter for women with mental illness, substance abuse, trauma, or long term disabilities. Dinner is served on the second Saturday of every month. Breakfast is served on the second Sunday of every month. See more details
Rockville, MD 20850 (301) 762-8314 Dorothy Day Place is a transitional shelter for single adult women who are homeless and over the age of 18. Case management services at the shelter include job readiness, educational services, life skills training, mental health support and substance abuse counseling.
Bethesda, MD 20814 7.22 miles from city center Rockville
301-907-9244 Only a day shelter. Hours Mon. Wed. Fr. 9-12:30 & 2-5
Tues. Thurs. 9-12:30 & 3-5
Our main office serves as both a Drop-In Center for clients experiencing homelessness, and the site for most of our services. Open five days a week, our Drop-In Center always offers hot coffee, snacks an See more details
Silver Spring, MD 20912 10.53 miles from city center Rockville
301-762-8682 Interfaith Works Community Vision Program is a day program for chronically street homeless men and women in Montgomery County, MD. From November 1st through April 1st each year we run one of the County's winter weather shelters housing 70 people each night. Our day program provides individualized See more details
Hyattsville, MD 20783 11.22 miles from city center Rockville
(301) 431-4570 EMERGENCY SHELTER: Provides shelter in 22 apartment units; residents may stay up to 90 days. Offers support services such as substance abuse counseling, transportation tokens, workshops, tutoring, job assistance, child care referrals and mentak health referrals.
Washington, DC 20011 11.47 miles from city center Rockville
202-722-4544 Provides residential housing and supportive services to 12 homeless men. Services include food, substance abuse counseling, case management, employment and housing placement assistance. Washers and dryers are available on-site. Dormitory style sleeping for 2-3 men per room.
Washington, DC 20010 12.01 miles from city center Rockville
202-882-1237 This is a residential housing transitional housing service for 40 homeless men.
Provided at this location: ood, substance abuse counseling, case management, employment and housing placement assistance. Washers and dryers are available on the site. Dormitory style sleeping for 40 men. See more details
Washington, DC 20011 12.31 miles from city center Rockville
Provides residential housing and supportive services to 12 homeless men. Services include food, substance abuse counseling, case management, employment and housing placement assistance. Washers and dryers are available on the site. Dormitory style sleeping for 2-3 men per room. Projected length of s See more details
Washington, DC 20009 12.43 miles from city center Rockville
(202) 328-1100 Provides a 24-hour medical care facility and temporary residence for those who are both ill and homeless. Also offers comprehensive nutritional, pastoral, and social services. Staff make special arrangements for hospitalization, visits to medical specialists, and follow-up care as needed.
Washington, DC 20009 12.50 miles from city center Rockville
(202) 756-2600 The Grate Patrol offers food, clothing, blankets, and outreach services to homeless men and women. A mobile canteen, staffed by volunteers, travels to primary locations where homeless people gather in the District. The van currently stops at 17th and Constitution, NW; 6th and Constitution, NW; and 2 See more details
Washington, DC 20001 12.75 miles from city center Rockville
202.355.5155 Our Drop Inn-Community Center is the only Bilingual Multicultural LGBT safe space in Washington, DC open 6 days a week, Monday-Saturday from 12-8pm.Our goal is to support the most vulnerable in our LGBT community when need it most. Staff and volunteers working together to provide basic human service See more details
Washington, DC 20007 13.27 miles from city center Rockville
(202) 338-8301 Provides homeless people and people at risk of becoming homeless information, referrals, casework, advocacy, winter shelter and street outreach services. Services are mainly focused on Georgetown/Foggy Bottom area and are designed not only to get people off the street but to keep them off.
Washington, DC 20005 13.71 miles from city center Rockville
(202) 939-2060 Bethany Women's Center and Case Management
Bethany Women's Center is a drop in program that offers women safe respite from the streets, support for basic needs, and access to resources and opportunities to help them move out of homelessness.
Washington, DC 20010 13.83 miles from city center Rockville
2025031523 Thrive DC is a homeless service organization providing an onsite breakfast (for anyone) and dinner (women and children only) and a lunch to go, as well as offering job training, employment preparedness services, access to showers, laundry, a computer lab, mail and phones. We distribute hygiene suppl See more details
Arlington, VA 22206 13.87 miles from city center Rockville
(703)820-4357 A-SPAN provides life-sustaining services for Arlington's street homeless. Our mission is to secure permanent housing for one of Arlington's most vulnerable populations through outreach and relationships built on trust and respect.
Washington, DC 20001 13.87 miles from city center Rockville
(202) 682-1005 Provides a safe daytime shelter for homeless and formerly homeless women. Offers meals (breakfast and lunch), daily NA meetings, education/training programs, support groups, case management, mental health referrals and access to showers and a laundry. Women in need of overnight shelter are referred See more details
Washington, DC 20018 13.91 miles from city center Rockville
1-800-535-7252 Serves as the intake center for the majority of emergency shelters and housing for homeless families in the District of Columbia. Families seeking emergency assistance and housing are screened to determine if they are eligible for temporary emergency housing. Other services provided at the site inc See more details
Arlington, VA 22201 14.11 miles from city center Rockville
(703)525-7177 Bridges to Independence (b2i) is Northern Virginia‚Äôs leading provider of services for homeless women/families and those at risk. We offer a continuum of aid and support for all family members, helping them attain stability and move forward into self-sufficiency. Prevention is our other priority ‚Ä See more details
Brentwood, MD 20722 14.13 miles from city center Rockville
301-731-1203 Provides domestic violence resources.
1) SHORT-TERM SHELTER: Provides 24-hour shelter for women and their children who are victims of domestic violence. May stay 30 to 90 days.
2) BATTERERS INTERVENTION: Counseling & anger management teaching individuals and f See more details
Reston , VA 20190 14.15 miles from city center Rockville
571-323-1396 The Embry Rucker Community Shelter is a 70-bed residential shelter that provides healthy, safe, emergency housing for families and single men and women. We are dedicated to helping our clients overcome the circumstances that led to their homelessness, and facilitate their transition to stable housin See more details
Washington, DC 20002 14.63 miles from city center Rockville
Provides emergency overnight shelter (126 beds) for men over age 18 on a first-come first served basis. Men who stay in the shelter have a reserved bed for the following night if they return to the shelter by 9:00 pm. Services provided include a sandwich, snack, access to showers and case management See more details
Washington, DC 20001 14.89 miles from city center Rockville
(202) 393-1909 The 1,350-Bed Federal City Shelter is the largest and most comprehensive facility of its kind in America.
We also provide clothing to our residents. Donors, including stores, contribute thousands of pounds of clothing and shoes to CCNV's residents each year. Surplus clothing is sold in The Tr See more details
Washington, DC 20001 14.89 miles from city center Rockville
(202) 508-0500 Located at 2nd & D, NW, spanning the entire block, and with the capacity to house well over a thousand people, Federal City Shelter FCS is the largest shelter in the country. JHP maintains a ‚Äúbusiness center‚ÄĚ in the lobby that gives shelter residents access to free computers, internet, phones See more details
Washington, DC 20001 15.01 miles from city center Rockville
(202) 727-2832 Provides residential housing and supportive services to 85 homeless men. Services include food, substance abuse counseling, case management, employment and housing placement assistance. Washers and dryers are available on the site. Dormitory style-sleeping with 20 men per dorm. Projected length of s See more details
Washington, DC 20002 15.32 miles from city center Rockville
202-705-6114 This is Transitional Housing, not a homeless shelter.
Hyacinth's Place is 15 individual affordable transitional housing units for previously homeless women with a mental health diagnosis. We provide our women with apartments of one bedroom and a small bathroom while we work to put them See more details
Arlington, VA 22204 15.57 miles from city center Rockville
703-228-0022 Located in Arlington, Virginia, Volunteers of America Chesapeake's Residential Program Center provides three crucial services - non-medical detoxification, substance abuse recovery and homeless services for single adults - all under one roof.
Columbia, MD 21044 16.13 miles from city center Rockville
410.531.6006 Provides free 24-hour telephone and walk-in crisis counseling, emergency shelter, transitional housing, and community education in the Central Maryland area. Also offers a mobile crisis team for psychiatric emergencies.
Ashburn, VA 20149 16.40 miles from city center Rockville
(888) 661-5575 Welcome to The Prophetic Foundation is based in Northern Virginia, where we work with Homeless Shelters and Homeless Service providers to help connect homeless victims with permanent debt free housing to live for up to five years.
We also provide information on homeless resources such as transition See more details
Fairfax, VA 22124 16.82 miles from city center Rockville
571.748.2500 Referrals Outreach Services and provides a multitude of assistance services.
SERVE is the Manassas campus of Northern Virginia Family Service. It is unique for its holistic approach to helping our community's most vulnerable individuals and families address a variety of needs on their p See more details
Capitol Heights, MD 20743 16.88 miles from city center Rockville
301-386-4444 CCSI Hotline - 1-888-731-0999
Capacity: 20 beds for women, 80 beds for families.
Population: Residents of Prince George's County; women and children only.
Services: Case management services with linkages to all appropriate resources & services; educational training, GED, computers, See more details
Capitol Heights, MD 20743 16.88 miles from city center Rockville
(301) 322-5700 Emergency Shelter for Women and Children. Our 100Ėbed emergency facility is operated and monitored 24 hours a day, 365 days a year by caring professionals. Our case management staff uses the Continuum of Care Model, which helps to effectively coordinate and link clients to resources. Our primary g See more details
Washington, DC 20002 17.25 miles from city center Rockville
202-678-2341 Calvary Women's Services provides women who are homeless in DC "a safe caring place for tonight; support, hope and change for tomorrow.
Calvary's mission is two-fold: To provide homeless women with a place to live and basic services and to help educate and empower women for independent See more details
Columbia, MD 21046 17.58 miles from city center Rockville
410-312-5760 HOUSING STABILITY PROGRAM
Bridges assists Howard County households who are homeless or in danger of losing their housing.
What Bridges Offers:
Housing Advocacy (case management aimed at housing stability)
A supportive environment
Goal planning for future housing stability
R See more details
Washington, DC 20019 17.75 miles from city center Rockville
(202) 724-3932 Provides temporary emergency shelter and social services for homeless families. Referrals accepted from Virginia Williams Family Resource Center only.
See our other listing in Washington DC for the Williams Family Resource Center in order to gain admittance to this location.
Eligibilit See more details
Washington, DC 20032 18.13 miles from city center Rockville
(202) 561-4014 Hours: 7 pm to 7 am, daily
Emergency Shelter Catholic Charities 801 East Menís Shelter is a low-barrier shelter program open to anyone who identifies as male 18 years and older. The program offers a hot dinner, access to case management staff, See more details
Seat Pleasant, MD 20743 18.66 miles from city center Rockville
301-499-2319 Emergency winter shelter. Transitional housing. End of November to end of March. Shelter Hotline: 1-888-731-0999 See more details
Alexandria, VA 22314 19.28 miles from city center Rockville
(703)548-7500 Carpenter's Shelter is the largest homeless shelter in Northern Virginia, serving over 300 homeless men, women and children each year. Our 80 bed facility is located just north of Old Town Alexandria, VA.
Carpenter's Shelter is more than just a roof; we continuously work with our resi See more details
Capitol Heights, MD 20743 19.44 miles from city center Rockville
301-808-5317 Emergency shelter. Transitional housing. Meals, housing, counseling, substance abuse counseling. Mental health counseling. Employment & training services See more details
Tucson, WA 98405 23.88 miles from city center Rockville
(253) 572-6582 Provides clean and sober transitional housing for single adults experiencing homelessness on an interview and invitation basis. Open house ever Tuesday night with liturgy. Also offers weekday services for the homeless.
Frederick, MD 21701 26.68 miles from city center Rockville
(301) 600-1506 Provides programs and services that assist mentally ill, disabled, homeless, and low-income residents.
1) EDUCATION PROGRAM: Offers General Education Development (GED) classes Tues, Thurs, 7-9PM.
2) SOUP KITCHEN: See separate listing. Frederick CAA, Soup Kitchen.
See more details
Frederick, MD 21701 26.91 miles from city center Rockville
(301) 695-6633 Transitional shelter for homeless men, operated by the Frederick Rescue Mission.
average of 70 men each year enter the doors of the Frederick Rescue
Mission with the intention of getting their lives back on track after
stints of homelessness, addiction, and/or jail time. What beg See more details
Frederick, MD 21701 27.03 miles from city center Rockville
(301) 662-2003 We are located near the intersection of College Avenue and Carroll Parkway just off of West Patrick St.
Pairs homeless or at-risk families with a case manager who helps them to identify the problems standing in their way and find solutions. Program requires a two-year commitment from part See more details
Manassas, VA 20144 30.10 miles from city center Rockville
(571)-748-2603 The office is open from Monday - Friday, 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Emergency Assistance 92 bed emergency shelter for families and individuals. Every client who
stays at the shelter receives comprehensive case management designed to
address the underlying causes of homelessness.
Call 571 See more details
Reisterstown, MD 21136 30.87 miles from city center Rockville
410-526-0150 Emergency shelter. Meals, Counseling. Referrals only through: DSS: 887-2800 Family & Children's Svcs: 281-1334 Sex. Asslt/Dom. Viol Ctr.: 377-811 See more details
Reisterstown, MD 21136 30.87 miles from city center Rockville
(410) 773-0320 Offers emergency shelter and case management services for 90 days. Residents receive 3 meals per day, case management, life skills training, referrals to various community services including substance abuse and job readiness programs for established clients. Also provides housing counseling. See more details