Welcome to our Hewitt, New Jersey Homeless Shelters and Services for the needy page. Below are all of the homeless shelters and services for the needy that provide help to those in need for Hewitt, NJ and surrounding cities.
We also provide other homeless resources such as transitional resources for the homeless. Homeless clinic and treatment center resources are also provided on the right navigational bar.
Many shelters also provide services such as alcohol and drug rehab treatment along with clinics. I try to provide as much information as possible on my details pages.
Hewitt, NJ 07421 973-728-0902 Provides emergency and transitional shelter programs for homeless and/or battered women and children. Transportation (including Freedom Drive to transport TANF recipients to work) and a range of case management services are available, including child care, welfare to work program, positive parenting See more details
Pomona, NY 10970 14.09 miles from city center Hewitt
845-364-3100 Prevention of homelessness by providing help to secure temporary and permanent housing including immediate shelter in emergency situations.
After Hours call the Rockland County Sheriff's Office at (845) 638-5400. See more details
Franklin, NJ 07416 14.53 miles from city center Hewitt
(973) 827 - 8911 Caller must be homeless in Sussex County and not have access to any other resource)financial or friends who can provide temporary shelter until business hours); must have valid identification; must be over 18 years old; assessed to be psychiatrically, medically and cognitively stable and self suffic See more details
Ridgewood, NJ 07450 15.10 miles from city center Hewitt
201-833-8009 Emergency Shelter for homeless working families.
The Family Promise Network is a sheltering program for homeless families with dependent children, accommodating up to 14 people at a time. Local congregations host the families overnight on a weekly rotating basis. Volunteers from hos See more details
Paterson, NJ 07522 16.49 miles from city center Hewitt
(973) 279-2333 A residential shelter for homeless families (women and their children). Residents receive sleeping accommodations and three meals per day, as well as assistance with finding permanent housing and services. Arrangements are made for residents to receive employment opportunities, mental health treatme See more details
Paterson, NJ 07505 17.16 miles from city center Hewitt
(201) 684 - 5998 Affordable housing for homeless families. Must be homeless & head of household must be disabled. Residents are chosen based on their expected rate of success in this type of housing program. Medical and dental care for residents, day care services, after school programs, and recreational activities See more details
Paterson, NJ 07501 17.41 miles from city center Hewitt
(973)278-7900 Emergency shelter, clothing, and food are provided to homeless men at a capacity of 40 beds. For men entering the shelter, a comprehensive assessment is done to determine what is needed beyond the immediate night off the street. Referrals are provided for housing, employment, mental health services See more details
Paterson, NJ 07501 17.44 miles from city center Hewitt
973-523-6220 Has a men's shelter 40 beds, women's shelter 36 beds and shelter for women with children 18 mothers and up to 42 children.
Eva's Village is a uniquely progressive and comprehensive non-profit social service organization dedicated to fighting homelessness and poverty. Our mission is to See more details
Clifton, NJ 07011 20.48 miles from city center Hewitt
(973) 262-5616 Transitional housing. Aimed at homeless families with children transitioning into independent living. Hope through Care, Inc. is an independent, non-profit organization that serves families with children in Passaic County community of Northern New Jersey.The objectives are:
See more details
Passaic, NJ 07055 21.40 miles from city center Hewitt
973-472-2478 Homelessness prevention activities include rental assistance to those who are eligible (funding permitting), vouchers for emergency hotel or rooming house shelter, and the Specialized Shelter Program. There are twenty-eight units for single people and some social services are provided to residents. See more details
Peekskill, NY 10566 22.28 miles from city center Hewitt
914-736-2636 CHHOP is open 365 days a year 24 hours a day.The mission of Caring for the Homeless of Peekskill Inc. (CHOP) is to alleviate hunger and homelessness in our community by providing temporary housing for homeless adults, and by referring clients to appropriate agencies in order to help them See more details
Hackensack, NJ 07601 22.38 miles from city center Hewitt
201-968-0200 The 1st Stop Program provides a single point of entry for low-income families to access life changing public benefits. Available services include comprehensive needs assessment, benefit screening, information and referral, case management. advocacy, counseling and follow-up.
Services See more details
Middletown, NY 10940 22.59 miles from city center Hewitt
845-343-7115 Shelters and Permanent HousingWe are here 24 hours day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year to help.Our Adult and Family Shelters provide emergency housing for single men, single women and families. Our guests are provided thr See more details
Cedar Knolls, NJ 07927 22.65 miles from city center Hewitt
973-993-0900 We provide four separate Shelter Programs, a Transitional Housing Program, and The Mt. Kemble Home, a program for senior women of limited means.Family & Single Women’s ProgramThe Family Shelter Program for women and their children provides case See more details
Montclair, NJ 07042 22.96 miles from city center Hewitt
973-744-8666 Emergency shelter for adults and families living in the suburban area of Essex County.
Eligibility: Adults and Families.The Salvation Army operates an emergency shelter in Montclair with a 23 bed capacity. The program offers additional supportive services to facilitate independence and See more details
Hackensack, NJ 07601 23.19 miles from city center Hewitt
201-336-6475 Services Provided:
Links to Community Services
The center is designed to serve individual men and women who are homeless, individuals and families who are precariously housed, and others who require lin See more details
Montclair, NJ 07042 23.43 miles from city center Hewitt
973-746-2401 Juniper House is the Licensed Shelter operated under the REAL House umbrella of treatment services. Our goal is to provide a setting where residents learn to empower themselves through making positive choices for their future. We encourage women to slow down and take some time in getting to know wh See more details
Montclair, NJ 07042 23.43 miles from city center Hewitt
973-746-2400 Real House was established 10 years ago. It is a shelter for women in the process of recovery from substance and domestic abuse. Here we strive to empower women through quality support services. We provide a clean and safe home base environment for our women, where they can do the necessary inner-wo See more details
Morristown, NJ 07962 24.21 miles from city center Hewitt
973-998-0820 Interfaith Council for Homeless Families of Morris County (Interfaith Council) is a non-sectarian, not-for-profit organization dedicated to ending the crisis of homelessness faced by Morris County families by partnering with public and private agencies, religious congregations and community voluntee See more details
Bloomfield, NJ 07003 24.53 miles from city center Hewitt
(973) 759 - 2154 Victims of domestic violence.
Emergency shelter, medical attention, case management, legal advocacy, court accompaniment, 24-hour hotline & shelter admission, food, clothing, comprehensive children's program, support group & individual counseling, housing advocacy, information & refer See more details
Morristown, NJ 07960 25.15 miles from city center Hewitt
(973) 539 - 2700 Short-term, non-permanent emergency assistance, including food, and utility and rental assistance, first months rent to individuals, families, and groups unable to provide such services for themselves. Participant in NJ Shares. Referrals to service units for those outside of Morristown area. Towns s See more details
Morristown, NJ 07960 25.38 miles from city center Hewitt
(973) 539 - 9920 A multi-service daytime drop-in-center for the homeless and poor. We provide a legal address for people to use to apply for social services, jobs, register to vote or personal reasons. We also provide free use of the telephone for both outgoing and incoming calls. Our goal is to empower people to be See more details
Port Jervis, NY 12771 25.70 miles from city center Hewitt
5706181208 Warming station during winter months.December to April, 7 days a week, 9 pm -7 am, shower and a hot meal, clean bedding, cots, towels, and donations of all kinds of clothes, and knapsack. See more details
East Orange, NJ 07017 25.78 miles from city center Hewitt
8624002558 Intake hours: 7a-4p
The Rain foundation is a safe haven for homeless LGBTQ+IA youth between the age of 18-26 that are at risk or experiencing homelessness. RAIN is open 24/7. See more details
East Orange, NJ 07018 26.68 miles from city center Hewitt
(973) 395 - 8400 This Division serves as the County's anti-poverty agency and provides a number of valuable emergency assistance and social services to individuals facing crisis situations.
Offers Emergency and Home Energy Assistance (NJ Shares)
Promotes Homelessness Preve See more details
East Orange, NJ 07018 27.27 miles from city center Hewitt
973-266-4481 Agency: East Orange General Hospital.
Homeless case management services for patients residing in Essex County who suffer from mental illness. Patient advocates and linkages to financial, medical and psychiatric services provided. See more details
Newark, NJ 07104 27.30 miles from city center Hewitt
(973) 732-5129 Peace House Inc. provides a temporary shelter for women who are homeless, released from substance abuse treatment programs or justice system. Women who are ready to make the transition to self-sufficiency and become productive members of society. Peace House Inc. is an eight bedroom home that house See more details
Newark, NJ 07104 28.17 miles from city center Hewitt
(973)482-8865 42 bed facility that serves 3 meals daily for women & children only. Case management, parenting skills, and budget counseling. Substance abuse counseling and mental health services are available on site.
Mon - Fri 9:00am - 5:00pm Program Director 24 hours a day /7 days a week M-F See more details
Newark, NJ 07107 28.34 miles from city center Hewitt
(973)621-9560 Here at Goodwill Rescue Mission on 79 University Avenue in Newark, NJ, we currently offer the following services to the poor and homeless:
- Hot Meals: We are open to serve men, women and children lunch (12:00-12:30) and dinner (5:45-6:30) seven days a week See more details
Newark, NJ 07102 28.62 miles from city center Hewitt
973-621-0181 Thirty day emergency shelter for homeless single men and women. Residents must arrive by 5 pm an leave in the morning by 7 am. No meals provided.
Languages other than English: Spanish.
Men or women that are in need of shelter from Essex County with ID. See more details
Bronx, NY 10453 28.96 miles from city center Hewitt
718-943-1341 The 200-bed facility also houses mentally ill and medically frail women. Since opening, we have helped over 1,000 women at that facility in permanent housing. The 200-bed transitional women’s shelter is co-located with a CFH health and dental center. See more details
Newburgh, NY 12550 29.04 miles from city center Hewitt
(845) 562-8255 Offers help in finding temporary shelter. If there is no shelter available, they will provide motel vouchers. Also assists recently homeless/low-income people in need of basic furniture and household items.
Hours: Mon - Fri 9:00 am-5:00 pm See more details
Bronx, NY 10452 29.09 miles from city center Hewitt
(718) 293-2930 Cromwell Avenue Safe Haven is an 80-bed facility providing low demand transitional housing, direct care and case management services to long-term street homeless men and homeless veterans. For information, call (718) 293-2930. See more details
Union City, NJ 07087 29.17 miles from city center Hewitt
(201) 867 - 4093 Emergency Services, food, clothing, shelter, guidance, Adult rehabilitation services alcohol, social and correctional counseling. Furniture pick-up. See more details
Union City, NJ 07087 29.62 miles from city center Hewitt
(201) 348-8150 Palisades Emergency Residence Corp
Palisades Emergency Residence Corporation (PERC) exists to defeat the cycle of poverty, understanding that food and shelter are fundamental human rights. PERC believes that with help there is hope. We believe that every person deserves dignity, respe See more details
Bronx, NY 10451 29.78 miles from city center Hewitt
(718) 503-6400 All families with children must apply for shelter at DHS' Prevention Assistance and Temporary Housing (PATH) intake center. PATH, located in the Bronx, is a state-of-the-art and eco-friendly facility that has been specifically sized, staffed, and laid out to meet the demand for homeless service See more details
New York, NY 10024 30.12 miles from city center Hewitt
(212)873-0140 Respite for New York City's Women in TransitionIntake You are welcome to stay as a guest at Lalitamba Saranam.To register as a guest, you will need a valid picture ID and social security card/number.We ask that you be drug and alcohol free d See more details
New York, NY 10024 30.14 miles from city center Hewitt
(212) 873-0140 Lalitamba Saranam (fondly known as Frederick's Place after our cat mascot) is a home for women in transition ages 18-25, including survivors of domestic violence and runaway youth located in the heart of New York City.In caring for guests, we offer wellness programs that tend to body, mind, an See more details
New York, NY 10024 30.19 miles from city center Hewitt
212.873.0140 Lalitamba Saranam (fondly known as Fredericks Place after our cat mascot) is a holistic shelter for women, including female youth and victims of domestic violence, in the heart of New York City. We offer support with benefits and housing applications, as well as a comprehensive life skills program t See more details
New York, NY 10019 30.92 miles from city center Hewitt
(212) 366-4459 120 bed shelter houses mentally ill and medically frail womenThe shelter helps the women as they work toward improving their health and acquiring permanent housing. The 52nd Street Women’s Center is a resident focused facility in Manhattan. See more details
New York, NY 10018 31.28 miles from city center Hewitt
212-629-7440 Sylvia's Place is an emergency shelter for GLBT homeless youth.Metropolitan Community Church of New York provides a spiritual home for
the Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender Community and all who choose
to join us, through prac See more details
New York, NY 10075 31.46 miles from city center Hewitt
917-677-0833 Supportive HousingSupportive housing pairs affordable housing with comprehensive on-site supportive services. It is an evidence-based approach that has been shown to be effective in improving housing stability, especially for chronically homeless individuals, as well as employment status See more details
New York, NY 10018 31.53 miles from city center Hewitt
212-389-9300 Office Hours: Mon-Fri 9:00-5:00Breaking Ground's mission is to strengthen individuals, families and communities by developing and sustaining exceptional supportive and affordable housing as well as programs for homeless and other vulnerable New Yorker's. The belief that every See more details
New York City, NY 10001 31.61 miles from city center Hewitt
(212)924-0167 Hours: Every weekday (including holidays) from 10:30am to 12:30pm. The Soup Kitchen provides a hot, nutritious, well-balanced mea. Although we only serve for two hours, the day at the soup kitchen is
much longer than that. It starts bright and early at 6 a See more details
New York, NY 1000 31.71 miles from city center Hewitt
212-947-3211 Day Center / Drop In Center for the homeless and poor. Provides: Soup Kitchen, Free Showers.Shelter hours: 7 days a week from 7:30am to 8:30pm. See more details
New York, NY 10001 31.71 miles from city center Hewitt
212-947-3211 Homeless Drop In Center. For both men and women.Hours: Mondays through Sundays: 7:30am to 8:30pm.Provides: Soup KitchenFree ShowersMany other programs and services See more details
New York City, NY 10016 32.07 miles from city center Hewitt
(212) 883-0680 The Grand Central Neighborhood Social Services Corporationâ€™s Multi-Service Drop-in Center serves a street homeless population of single adults.Those who use our center range from 18 to 75 years of age.GCNSSC currently provides services to over 300 homeless adults each day, on average. See more details
New York, NY 10016 32.31 miles from city center Hewitt
(212) 883-0680 24 hours a day, 365 days a year drop in center. Operated by: Grand Central Neighborhood Social Services Corporation. Services: Clients can stay in emergency overnight shelter, receive a variety of
s See more details