Lancaster Food Pantry
2045 E Main St
Lancaster, OH - 43130
Client Choice food pantry
Client choice means Pantry shoppers select only the food they want & will use
It is the policy of Trinity Pantry to:
1. Welcome & serve on an emergency basis anyone who comes to us at 5448 Broadway (entrance on the east side of the Church Hall)
2. Welcome & serve on a regular basis those who have been certified. Certification criteria include the following:
Financial need - income that falls within the guidelines* provided by the Food Bank of WNY (see below) same income level as eligibility for reduced lunch at school.
Residency - live in Lancaster or Bowmansville, that is, have a mailing zip code of 14086 or 14026.
NOTE - we refer residents in the 14043 zip code to the Tri Community Pantry at 722 Terrace Blvd.
3. Be open to distribute food eight (*) hours per week
every Wednesday morning from 8:00 to 11:30 AM
every Wednesday evening from 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM
every Friday morning from 8:30 AM to 11:00 AM
During inclement weather listen to channel 2 or 7 for Pantry closing.
4. Treat all clients with dignity & respect
5. Ask clients to follow a few simple procedures when they visit the pantry. Namely:
bring at least two (2) sturdy shopping bags if they have them
take a number & wait their turn
sign in when number is called
wait two (2) weeks before returning to the pantry
recertify once a year (in July)
6. Seek donations from the community. The Pantry purchases food from the Food Bank of WNY & also as a regular paying customer at local retail stores. However, without donations of both food & money, the Pantry would be unable to fulfill its mission to supplement the food resources of low income household in our community.
Trinity Panty also Serves Shut-Ins
Ask our volunteers to "shop" for you. We will deliver your food if you are confined to your home, unable to visit the Pantry. Please contact the Pantry @ 683-1111.
What if I need food right away
You may come to the church any time it is open and ask for emergency food.
There is a ready-packed bag in the kitchen which will be given to you in return for your name and phone number.
When you certify at the Pantry bring with you:
Identification (for yourself and members of your household)
social security card
Proof of Residency
Evidence of income
DSS client ID card
Medicaid or food stamp card
pension card or statement
unemployment insurance notice
Leave a comment