Department of Community and Family Services (DCFS)
60 Market Street
Poughkeepsie, NY - 12601
Emergency Housing Service
As a condition of eligibility for Temporary Housing Assistance, individuals and families must comply with the following requirements:
- Apply for or receive Temporary Housing Assistance, and comply with all applicable temporary assistance requirements, such as participating in employment and training programs, applying for supplemental security income benefits and participating in rehabilitative services.
- Use any benefits or resources that will reduce or eliminate the need for Temporary Housing Assistance
- Cooperate in the completion of an assessment conducted by the department.
- Develop an Independent Living Plan which outlines the responsibilities of both the client and the department.
- Comply with the rules and regulations of the temporary housing facility and not commit any acts that endanger the safety of self or others in the facility.
- Actively search for permanent housing and cannot unreasonably refuse or fail to accept any appropriate housing offered by the department.