Emergency Housing Services/ Urban Renewal Corp South 16th Street
Currently URC maintains over 600 beds in 9 facilities servicing emergency, transitional, and permanent housing needs.
URC offers a broad-based menu of social service programs. These include prompt intake and evaluation of referred persons, emergency and short-term housing, and the services of trained, qualified case managers who coordinate all community services.
- Substance Abuse: Referrals to substance abuse assessment; individual/group substance abuse counseling; referrals to detox and rehab programs; and referrals to aftercare. Many of our clients have complex substance abuse and mental health problems. Urban Renewal recognizes the need for specialized training and counseling for these individuals and utilizes its own on-site certified alcohol and drug counselors to provide customized programs to fit the needs of each client. We are committed to provide the education and therapy needed to manage substance abuse difficulties of each student.
- Mental Illnesses: Mental health screening and referrals to appropriate treatment providers; assistance in acquiring necessary medication; transportation to mental health appointments; and monitoring for compliance with treatment protocols.
- Physical Health: Includes a clean, safe living environment and an on-site gym/health club in URC’s main emergency housing facility; an in-house medical clinic with referrals and transportation to outside care providers; HIV screening and prevention counseling; protection from harm within the facility by round-the-clock security personnel with security cameras and monitors throughout the building; and training in basic hygiene practices and nutrition to promote healthy habits.
- Basic Needs: Assistance with nutrition; clothing; and essentials for permanent housing.
- Case Management Services: Includes client-centered treatment plans and close monitoring of progress toward client-selected milestones. Case management includes assessment; planning; linking; monitoring; and advocacy