Frederick Community Action Agency
100 South Market Street
Frederick, MD - 21701
Provides programs and services that assist mentally ill, disabled, homeless, and low-income residents.
1) EDUCATION PROGRAM: Offers General Education Development (GED) classes Tues, Thurs, 7-9PM.
2) SOUP KITCHEN: See separate listing. Frederick CAA, Soup Kitchen.
3) FREDERICK FOOD PANTRY: Provides emergency food 6 days/week. Mon, Tues, Thurs and Fri, 2-4PM; Wed, 7-9PM; Sat, 11AM-1PM. Bread available, 1st come/1st served, Mon-Sat during business hours to community residents. Located at 14 E. All Saints Street.
4) FREDERICK TRANSITIONAL SHELTER: Offers a 31-bed shelter with supportive services to homeless families with children and adults with physical disabilities.
5) HEALTH CARE FOR THE HOMELESS (ATC) and PRIMARY ADULT CARE PROGRAM (PAC): See separate listing.
6) HOUSING ASSISTANCE: Offers HUD-approved housing counseling that provides pre-purchase, default, delinquency and foreclosure housing counseling. Also provides information on rehabilitation loans and grants.
7) PATH PROJECT: Provides case management and outreach services to people who are homeless and seriously mentally ill.
8) PRESCRIPTION SERVICES: See separate listings - Medbank of Maryland, Inc. and Primary Adult Care Program.
9) SUMMER FOOD SERVICE PROGRAM: Offers a free lunch to school age children. Lunch is offered Monday-Friday, 12-1PM.
10) TRANSITIONAL APARTMENTS: Provides up to 24 months of transitional housing and supportive services for families. Families residing in transitional apartments must first be admitted and stabilized in transitional shelter.
11) VAN RUN: Operates on Monday-Friday, 9AM-12PM. to transport clients to a variety of local human service agencies, including social services, citizens services, health department, social security, job service and Frederick Community College. Also offers van run to VA center in Martinsburg VA on the 1st and 3rd Friday at 9AM.
Leave a comment