Tangi Food Pantry
2410 West Thomas
Hammond, LA - 70401
Tangi Food Pantry is a food pantry that focus on distributing nutritional food to the most vulnerable, low income individuals and/or families that are going through financial hardship. Eligibility is based on income of individuals living in household. Individuals must apply for this program.
Applicants that qualify may pick up a variety of foods such as canned goods, tomato sauce, pasta, macaroni and cheese, cereal, grits, and other items when available. Eligible recipients may receive food once a month.
- Only one individual per household/address is allowed to receive food
- Households that have 6 or more individuals living in the same address qualify as a large family
- Households composed solely of food stamp recipients qualify to receive food
- Applicants who receive supplemental security income qualify to receive food
First Time Visiting The Tangi Food Pantry please bring:
- Louisiana Picture ID
- Listing of Date of Birth and Social Security Numbers of everyone in the household
- Proof of Income such as paperwork on Food Stamps, Disability, Social Security; or a paycheck stub
Future Visits to The Tangi Food Pantry:
- Only need a Louisiana Picture ID
- Town & Country Plaza, 2410 W. Thomas St, Hammond, La 70401.
Days & Time of Operation:
- Tuesdays and Thursdays from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m.
Please make sure to check, by calling the food pantry, and confirm that the days and times have not changed.
- Monday closed
- Tuesday 1:00 PM - 4:00 PM
- Wednesday closed
- Thursday 1:00 PM - 4:00 PM
- Friday closed
- Saturday closed
- Sunday closed