Lighthouse Ministries, Hope Center
215 E Magnolia Street
Lakeland, FL - 33801
Lighthouse Ministries, Hope Center is a food pantry. Serves Polk County
Food pantry service hours: Mondays through Fridays 8am - 5pm. .
When an individual calls 855.4.CHANGE (242643), they will be referred toward the resources they need and provided with transportation to food and shelter. With the help of community partners such as Salvation Army, Talbot House, the City of Lakeland and The Mission of Winter Haven, those who make the Compassion Call will be provided with assistance and be guided in a direction of hope. The community is still able to distribute the Compassion Card to individuals they encounter in need.
How to use the Compassion Card?
The Compassion Card can be given to anyone who asks for help. When you are approached by a panhandler asking for money, you can simply hand them the Card. Lighthouse Ministries will facilitate transportation.
1. Every person receiving the card should be treated with the utmost respect.
2. When approached by a panhandler, do not attempt to judge their motives. Assume they truly need food, clothing, or shelter.
3. Giving money or goods to a panhandler is not always in their best interest. Giving the Compassion Card and explaining the services available with it is offering true help!
4. Be prepared for a variety of responses (anger, frustration, thanks, etc.).
* Make sure you check by calling the food pantry to confirm that they still are in operation and the hours have not changed.