Crisis Center for South Suburbia - Worth, IL
6602 W 111th St
Worth, IL 60477
: Phone: 708-429-7255
: Follow us on Facebook
Your opinion matters. Leave your review of Crisis Center for South Suburbia.
- No fees: The Residential Shelter program is free.
- Safe, private location: The Residential Shelter program makes everyone’s safety their first priority. Everyone associated with the shelter is asked to sign an agreement to keep the location confidential.
- Communal living setting: Residents share the kitchen, common living areas, bathrooms and bedrooms.
- Children’s safety: As advocates, we understand that children are also impacted by domestic violence. Advocates will be able to work with both parents and children offering support, information and parenting resources.
- Domestic Violence education: Through the Residential program, many services are offered including: counseling, case management, personalized safety plans and numerous educational groups.
- Self-provided childcare: Children are under their parent’s watch and care at all times. Childcare may be provided during groups and other activities.
- Confidentiality: All client information is private and will not be shared with other agencies unless written permission is given. Residents are also asked to honor the privacy of other program participants by not discussing their names or situations with anyone else.
- Food, clothing, and toiletries: Provided to all residents at no cost.
- Laundry facilities: The Residential Shelter program has laundry facilities and will provide clients with linens (sheets, towels and blankets).
Volunteers Requests by Crisis Center for South Suburbia: CCSS has 65 volunteers who answer the hotline phones. Other volunteers provide child care, support in our Court Advocacy and Hospital Advocacy programs, clerical and maintenance services, gardening, technical assistance, and assistance with special events and projects. Volunteers for our two Neat Repeats resale stores provide valuable services to the agency, and ultimately to the individuals and families served through CCSS. Income from the shops, located in Worth and Orland Park, Illinois, exceeds $600,000 annually.
Donation Requests by Crisis Center for South Suburbia: Items for Women New brushes, ethnic hair care products, deodorant/anti-perspirant, shampoo & conditioner, body washes & sprays, hand & body lotions, feminine hygiene products, socks, underwear, bras, pajamas, robes, slippers. Baby Produc
User Questions & Answers
If you have pictures of the shelter, I will upload them on this page. Please email me with the name of your shelter and the pictures to: HomelessSupport@gmail.com
Many of these shelters now have waiting lists. Please call before going to them. Many waiting lists are very long. Shelters and service also go out of business. Always call ahead to confirm that this location is still active. If you find that this location is no longer operating, please send us a comment using the form below.
Do you have items to donate? Contact Crisis Center for South Suburbia at the phone number provided above to see if they can use any items you may have to donate.