Wilmington Homeless Shelters & Services For The Needy
Welcome to our Wilmington, California Homeless Shelters and Services for the needy page. Below are all of the homeless shelters and services for the needy that provide help to those in need for Wilmington, CA and surrounding cities.
We also provide other homeless resources such as transitional resources for the homeless. Homeless clinic and treatment center resources are also provided on the right navigational bar.
Many shelters also provide services such as alcohol and drug rehab treatment along with clinics. I try to provide as much information as possible on my details pages.
Wilmington, CA 90744 310-830-7063 7 day emergency shelter. Call for intake information.
Our mission is to minister the love and grace of Jesus Christ to the homeless in the South Bay by providing a safe and nurturing environment where they can receive food, clothing, temporary shelter, discipleship and spiritual encourage See more details
LOS ANGELES, CA 90024 0.31 miles from city center Wilmington
2134799475 THE SHELTER IS AIMED AT NOT ONLY TAKING IN PREGNANT GIRLS AND WOMEN WHO ARE HOMELESS, BUT WHO ARE SEEKING REFUGE FROM A SPOUSE WHO BATTERS AND BEATS THEM CONSTANTLY, SOME OF THESE WOMEN AND GIRLS HAVE NO ONE TO TURN TO AND SOME ARE AFRAID OF THE SCRUITY THEY WILL FACE FROM THE WORLD AND THEIR FRIEND See more details
Long Beach, CA 90813 3.03 miles from city center Wilmington
(562) 733-1147 Provides a variety of support services for homeless and low-income families in Los Angeles County. Services are targeted, but not restricted, to families with children age 18 and younger. Services include case management, housing services and technical assistance. Geographic restrictions apply for s See more details
San Pedro, CA 90731 3.27 miles from city center Wilmington
877-403-8016 Women begin their stay in a structured residential program which can last up to 90 days. Clients are invited to participate in the following activities:
San Pedro, CA 90731 3.32 miles from city center Wilmington
(310) 521-9310 Support and shelter, transitional housing for women.
SHAWL provides a safe and supportive 6-month residential program for women who are beginning their journey of recovery from addiction. SHAWL provides the structure and support in a warm and nurturing residential setting.
See more details
San Pedro, CA 90731 3.77 miles from city center Wilmington
(310) 547-3372 The program provides homeless support services for individuals in Los Angeles County. Services include outreach program for individuals ages 17 to 24 and families with children. The program assists people with finding housing options and may assist with temporary housing as well. Overall, the progra See more details
Long Beach, CA 90803 3.94 miles from city center Wilmington
(562) 570-4900 Lydia House - Services for Women and Children.
Our 50 bed Lydia House provides solace and hope in the face of abuse, addiction, financial hardship and abandonment. Lydia House also assists many in finding more acute care facilities, while striving to move all guests into semi-permanent ho See more details
Long Beach, CA 90813 4.03 miles from city center Wilmington
(562) 591-1351 The program provides shelter for families, older adults and people who have a physical disability who are in Long Beach or in the surrounding cities. The shelter cannot accommodate people who have severe chronic emotional or mental problems or people who have chronic alcohol/drug abuse problems. Pre See more details
Carson, CA 90746 6.31 miles from city center Wilmington
(888) 274-4913 GRCN is a non profit organization providing Adult Transitional living for Veterans. We provide a clean and sober quality home is west Los Angeles with multiple services based on the need of each individual.
SERVICES PROVIDED TO VETERANS IN THE PROGRAM
Long Beach, CA 90805 6.63 miles from city center Wilmington
5623131257o We provide shelter to woman and men. Open from in by 7pm and out by 7am. We will provide our guest with free finger foods,beds,and a small bag of toiletries,clothes,shoes and whatever we have at that time. We are looking forward to sharing our blessing. See more details
COMPTON, CA 90221 7.04 miles from city center Wilmington
310-735-6356 Our mission is to assist men and women who have become victims of society, and provide emergency assistance through our transitional housing. We offer emotional support, self-sufficiency.Through community partnership, we will provide services to our clients, we understand that this is limitless proc See more details
Compton, CA 90220 8.21 miles from city center Wilmington
(310) 605-5527 The Homeless Prevention Rapid re-housing Program provides services to homeless individuals and persons who are at risk of homelessness. 211 L A County does not provide eligibility criteria for individual entitlement cities. Inquirers must call in order to be screened and to apply for homeless preven See more details
COMPTON , CA 90221 8.57 miles from city center Wilmington
310-631-9516 T.E.A.M. HOUSING is a privately owned organization that has been providing affordable housing and support for the homeless in Southern California since 1997. See more details
Compton, CA 90221 9.43 miles from city center Wilmington
323-577-5941 Transitional Living Shelters.
- Transitional Housing for Women and Children (6 mos. To 1 yr.) prepare for Permanent Housing
- Emergency Shelter for Homeless Families (3 mos. To 6mos )
- In-Take, Assessment & Case Management
Lynwood, CA 90262 10.31 miles from city center Wilmington
(323) 242-5000 The Homeless Family Solutions System (HFSS) is a coordinated, regionally-based and community driven system implemented in Service Planning Area (SPA) 6 of South Los Angeles by the Weingart Center for the Homeless. The HFSS utilizes an integrated network of providers, including SHIELDS, to prov See more details
Bellflower, CA 90706 10.34 miles from city center Wilmington
(424)205-0369 Residential inpatient care for men and women who has lost their way.
At The Fountain is a non-profit corporation governed by 501c3 status, and offers affordable housing facilities, in a shared living environment, for men women and families. we are governed by spiritual leaders who are See more details
Watts, CA 90059 10.83 miles from city center Wilmington
(323) 563-5639 The program provides a homeless access center for homeless individuals and families who are in the South Central area of Los Angeles. Services include case management, comprehensive information and referral to community services, clothing and telephone facilities. Services are restricted to people w See more details
Los Alamitos, CA 90720 11.17 miles from city center Wilmington
(562) 594-6825 The purpose of Casa Youth Shelter is to provide temporary shelter for
runaways and youth in crisis, enabling them to come through the crisis
with an increased personal strength and a sense of renewal while in a
supportive environment, with family reunification as a primary goal.
Los Angeles,, CA 90044 11.21 miles from city center Wilmington
(323)755-9702 Higher Goals, Inc. was incorporated in 1992 to bring hope and help to those suffering and homeless in Los Angeles neighborhoods. Originally a service arm of the Prayer Time Mission founded in 1971 by Dorothy and John Thompson, the ministry was a response to a growing community need for assistance wi See more details
Downey, CA 90242 11.36 miles from city center Wilmington
562 900 8664 Share housing share a room all utilities included WiFi cable ready fully furnished heating/ac central air* women only). See more details
Los Angeles, CA 90003 12.29 miles from city center Wilmington
(323) 376-7919 Monthly-$495.00
We Accept Social Security, SSI Vouchers, BR Pilot Program, Veterans, etc
Emergency & Transitional Living For Single Women And Men
Three (3) Meals Daily
Telephone Services< See more details
Los Angeles, CA 90044 12.56 miles from city center Wilmington
(323) 759-2544 The program provides personal goods for people who live in zip code 90044 and surrounding areas. Services include clothing for people who are referred by a community service agency. Services are restricted to zip code 90044 and surrounding areas.
Los angeles, CA 90001 14.06 miles from city center Wilmington
323-667-4696 We assist veterans and mentally disabled persons to prevent homelessness. Educate and prevent alcohol and drug abuse, Because 71% of homelessness is directly related to addiction. See more details
Huntington Park, CA 90255 14.14 miles from city center Wilmington
(323) 388-7324 The Homeless Prevention Rapid re-housing Program provides services to homeless individuals and persons who are at risk of homelessness. 211 L A County does not provide eligibility criteria for individual entitlement cities. Inquirers must call in order to be screened and to apply for homeless preven See more details
Los Angeles, CA 90043 15.04 miles from city center Wilmington
323-786-2413 Sanctuary of Hope provides transitional independent living to aged out foster youth or at-risk transitional age youth 18-24 in South Los Angeles. See more details
Los Angeles, CA 90043 15.04 miles from city center Wilmington
323-758-5433 Good Seed Shelter provides temporary housing to Transition Age Youth (TAY) ages 18-25 years old who are also in need of mental health services. These young men not only need a warm bed, but they also need guidance to help navigate the complicated, and often confusing social services network. Our cli See more details
Stanton, CA 90680 15.36 miles from city center Wilmington
(714) 507-2459 All Housing Services begin with an in-take interview at our Housing Office in Stanton, CA. To begin, visit us during walk in hours Monday to Friday, 10 A.M. to 1 P.M.
Bell, CA 90201 15.49 miles from city center Wilmington
323-263-1206 one of the largest homeless shelters in the nation- Operates a comprehensive program that offers transitional care for up to 350 homeless men and women. The goal of Bell Shelter is to meet the needs of the homeless population by addressing the reasons why people become homeless and assisting them in See more details
Midway City, CA 92655 15.93 miles from city center Wilmington
(714) 897-3221 Transitional Housing AFH offers Transitional Housing for those in need of more intensive supports during their transition back to economic stability and housing. A partnership with the faith community also provides interim housing to homeless adults worki See more details
Huntington Beach, CA 92648 15.94 miles from city center Wilmington
714 907 7358 Build Futures is a nonprofit organization dedicated to taking homeless youth ages 18 to 24 off the streets of Orange County and providing them with the resources necessary to reach self sufficiency.
We begin by providing them with stable housing and one-on-one support.
We use a See more details
Los Angeles, CA 90008 16.27 miles from city center Wilmington
323-299-9496 Jenesse Center, Inc. is more than just a shelter for survivors of domestic violence. We are a family institute with programs, services and outreach efforts that rebuild lives, reunite families and enrich our community. Jenesse removes barriers to peace for families.
Our mission is to provide vic See more details
Los Angeles, CA 90008 16.27 miles from city center Wilmington
800-479-7328 Jenesse's mission is to provide victims of domestic violence and their children with a comprehensive centralized base of support that is culturally responsive, and ensures their transition from immediate crisis to stability and self-sufficiency. Jenesse seeks to prevent and end the cycle of domestic See more details
Los Angeles, CA 90007 16.76 miles from city center Wilmington
213-744-8186 Hope Harbor, originally Harmony Hall, was founded in 1978 to provide continuing support for men and women who successfully graduated from Salvation Army recovery programs. The facility's framework offers substance abuse treatment for those who have already gone through detox, as well as residential See more details
Los Angeles, CA 90018 17.03 miles from city center Wilmington
3232939778 Our mission at Friends Helping Friends is to provide safe and comfortable housing to those who are homeless and those at risk of homelessness. We are dedicated to breaking the cycle of homelessness by providing the resources and support necessary to promote positive, healthy and independent living.
See more details
Los Angeles, CA 90007 17.04 miles from city center Wilmington
323-761-6415 Ella's Foundation is a non-profit community organization advocating for our community to provide resources and support servies needed to help restore lives
-HPRP Homeless Prevention and Rapid Rehousing referrals
-Utility Bill Assistance
-HOPWA Ren See more details
Huntington Beach, CA 92648 17.17 miles from city center Wilmington
714-794-5149 -Must be a high school student in HBUHSD
-No drugs, alcohol, criminal record.
Robyne’s Nest provides support to homeless, unaccompanied and at-risk students of our local Huntington Beach high schools to encourage high school graduation and further education. Students are referred to Roby See more details
Huntington Beach, CA 92648 17.19 miles from city center Wilmington
657-215-0853 As our application process is entirely on-online we are literally open 24/7.
Off the Streets Huntington Beach is an all-volunteer 501(c)(3) non-profit charity (Tax ID 46-4900223) that helps eligible homeless individuals and families in Orange County and Riverside County Califo See more details
Los Angeles, CA 90066 18.04 miles from city center Wilmington
(310) 398-0191 The program provides residential treatment for substance abuse for homeless veterans, including those who have dual-diagnosis. Services includes a residential alcohol treatment program and a residential drug abuse treatment program, including a special program for female veterans and the female depe See more details
Los Angeles, CA 90014 18.14 miles from city center Wilmington
(213) 488-0031 The program provides a drop-in center for homeless mentally ill adults who are primarily in the Skid Row area of downtown Los Angeles. The center provides homeless support services for people who have a chronic mental illness, including people who have developmental disabilities or a dual diagnosis See more details
Los Angeles, CA 90014 18.16 miles from city center Wilmington
213-624-9258 To be the premier provider of life changing services to people experiencing homelessness in Southern California. Provides Addiction Treatment, Emergency Services, and Family Housing.
The Midnight Mission offers a path to self-sufficiency to men, women and children who have lost everyt See more details
Los Angeles, CA 90013 18.22 miles from city center Wilmington
(213) 347-6300 One of the nation's largest provider of continuous emergency shelter services, URM provides comprehensive care for men, women, and children who are experiencing homelessness.
A person's first point of contact with URM is with our Emergency (Guest) Services, where their immediate physical needs ar See more details
Los Angeles, CA 90013 18.25 miles from city center Wilmington
231-626-4681 Provides temporary shelter, hot meals and shares the Gospel of Jesus Christ to those persons that find themselves without home, food and are socially dislocated, friendly hands of mercy cater to an assembly of diverse ethnic origins that have come to share a common denominator. Preaching the Word of See more details
Los Angeles, CA 90013 18.31 miles from city center Wilmington
(213) 680-0600 Womens homeless assistance with housing and a day center.
Day Center Hours: Monday-Friday from 6am-4pm, and Saturday-Sunday from 7am-3pm. Provides meals, showers, phone and mail access, laundry, etc etc. See more details
Garden Grove, CA 92842 18.40 miles from city center Wilmington
(714)554_0357 Transitional shelter for families. Provides a rent free shelter, as well as food and supplies, for homeless families with children. In return, each family is required to save 80% of their income after necessary expenses, enabling families to build savings and learn life skills. The average stay at T See more details
Los Angeles, CA 90033 18.47 miles from city center Wilmington
(323) 881-0032 Men's Shelter: Proyecto Pastoral established GHP on December 12, 1988. The shelter opened its doors to address an issue that was most neglected in the community: emergency shelter for the homeless. For more than 20 years we have been providing 90-day temporary shelter and meals to homeless men. The See more details
Venice, CA 90291 19.54 miles from city center Wilmington
(310) 399-6878 The agency operates a homeless service center for homeless people of all ages. Services include case management; information and referral to community resources, including shelter referrals; advocacy for public benefits; hot meals; showers; laundry facilities; clean clothes; toiletries. There are no See more details
Los Angeles, CA 90059 19.81 miles from city center Wilmington
213 235-1460 Good Shepherd Center for Homeless Women is a transitional housing residence. We Currently has openings and requirements are that you are employed a minimum of 20 hours a week. If interested please feel free to call
Languille Emergency Shelter provides a temporary home for up to 30 wom See more details
Fullerton, CA 92832 20.36 miles from city center Wilmington
877-531-5522 Emergency Shelter WTLC is the largest emergency shelter program in Orange County for survivors of domestic violence and human trafficking . We welcome survivors of any gender and those with a history of substance abuse and mental illness. 96% of our shelt See more details
Los Angeles, CA 90026 20.45 miles from city center Wilmington
213-353-0775 Hope for Homeless Youth provide free shelter and rehab programs for trouble youths of the inter city. We target teenage prostitutes, runaways, drug , alcohol addicts & gang members.
See more details
Fullerton, CA 92832 20.45 miles from city center Wilmington
714.525.5525 Serving hot meals every Wednesday, 6 - 6:30 PM.
1st Wed of the month, free clothes and hygiene kits and more.
Part of the Hot Meals Ministry serving Fullerton/Brea/Placentia: a
coalition of churches that provide nutritious meals every day of the
week for those who need it. See more details
Anaheim, CA 92805 20.72 miles from city center Wilmington
(714) 680-3691 Pathways of Hope is committed to rebuilding lives of the hungry and homeless in Orange County through Housing, Outreach, Prevention, and Engagement.
Via Esperanza, located in Anaheim, is an immediate response shelter for homeless families.
Santa Monica, CA 90401 20.76 miles from city center Wilmington
(310) 450-4050 SAMOSHEL (SAnta MOnica SHELter) provides interim shelter and a broad range of programs to 70 men and women in separate living quarters. It's also home to OPCC's Wellness Beds Program that provides nursing services to clients with acute or chronic medical conditions, and it is the site of OPCC's High See more details
Santa Monica, CA 90404 20.79 miles from city center Wilmington
310-883-1222 OPCC's Safe Haven is an interim housing and day program that serves chronically homeless individuals who have had a history of challenges connecting with service providers. Safe Haven is based on an understanding that the mental health and addiction disorders of this population are lifelong. This pr See more details
Santa Monica, CA 90403 21.15 miles from city center Wilmington
(310) 452-1223 Pregnant Women's Shelter The women we serve at Harvest Home are in crisis–they are pregnant, and they are homeless (or soon to be homeless). Often, they are without the support of family or the father of the baby. They are making the courageous choice to parent their child in spite of overwhelm See more details
Costa Mesa, CA 92627 21.19 miles from city center Wilmington
(949) 631-7213 Orange Coast Interfaith Shelter (OCIS) is a 501(c)(3) non profit organization that offers multifaceted transitional housing program which addresses the needs of families from shelter to counseling.
Transitional housing is offered in two phases, lasting from 6-9 months (phase 1) and 12-18 See more details
Los Angeles, CA 90025 21.49 miles from city center Wilmington
(310) 477-9539 Office Hours: 8:00 AM - 5:00 AM, Monday - Friday
The Westwood Transitional Village is a 40 unit residential housing facility that provides support services for homeless families. Families can spend up to two years at Westwood while they stabilize and acquire the skills needed for indepen See more details
Orange, CA 92856 21.93 miles from city center Wilmington
714-538-4860 Casa Teresa provides a loving and supportive family home to pregnant
women and their babies facing difficult circumstances, giving them a
future and a hope. With a trusted and compassionate team of
professionals and a proven Residential Program, our mothers learn
lifelong skills to redirect See more details
Los Angeles, CA 90073 21.96 miles from city center Wilmington
310-914-5495 New Directions for Veterans is a nonprofit organization that has helped our nation's heroes successfully address the challenges of life after military service since 1992. Located in two homes in Mar Vista, New Directions Oasis for Veteran Women specializes in serving displaced female veterans and de See more details
Los Angeles, CA 90028 22.04 miles from city center Wilmington
(323) 960-3333 Provides emergency housing for homeless individuals in Los Angeles County, called Interim Housing. The purpose of Interim Housing is to provide safe, stable housing for chronically homeless individuals who are waiting for available long-term housing.
Los Angeles , CA 90028 22.32 miles from city center Wilmington
323-957-7364 LA Youth Network (LAYN) provides shelter and stabilization services for homeless teens ages 12-17. LAYN is located in Hollywood, CA. See more details
Los Angeles, CA 90028 22.47 miles from city center Wilmington
(323)469-2946 Service high risk youth ages 12-18. Drop In Center on site hours 5:30-9:30.
The program provides runaway services for youth 12 to 17 years who are in the Hollywood area. Services include a drop-in center, an outreach program and referrals to other programs. Services are restricted to See more details
Santa Ana, CA 92706 22.61 miles from city center Wilmington
714-542-3577 How to apply
WISEPlace conducts open interviews every Wednesday from 9:30 to 11:00 am. Appointments are not needed during this time. For additional information, please call (714) 542-3577 to reach one of our team members.
Santa Ana, CA 92702 22.75 miles from city center Wilmington
714-836-7188 All Mercy House programs are drug and alcohol free, and residents must be employed, employable, or going to school. Transitional housing is available for 6-24 months.
At Regina House, families are housed together. Shelter provided for 7 mothers and their children. See more details
Santa Ana, CA 92701 22.83 miles from city center Wilmington
(714) 835-6304 We serve about 2100 hot meals each week, and we provide food to other soup kitchens through Isaiah House. We provide hospitality to homeless women and children when the Armory is closed. Volunteers are welcome Sunday mornings and every day at 4:30PM. Call us to see if you're needed: sometimes we hav See more details
Placentia, CA 92870 23.62 miles from city center Wilmington
(714) 993-5774 H.I.S. House provides transitional shelter to families, single adults, and couples who are homeless but have the motivation and capability, with our assistance, to regain self-sufficiency. Residents plan to stay 120 to 180 days while they develop a source of permanent income and save money for housi See more details
El Monte, CA 91731 25.16 miles from city center Wilmington
(626) 442-4357 Eligibility To be eligible for any service through the Homeless Family Solutions System (HFSS), a household seeking assistance must: Meet the definition of a family. Must be facing a housing crisis. Because the Family Solutions Centers (FSC) See more details
Pasadena, CA 91105 25.62 miles from city center Wilmington
(626) 240-4550 The 56 bed Adult Center provides homeless men and women with safe, substance free shelter, meals and supportive services. The Adult Center is also home to our Community Meals and Shower programs.
Safe shelter, with separate dorms for men and women.
Case See more details
Pasadena, CA 91101 26.01 miles from city center Wilmington
626-403-4888 Euclid Villa provides 14 apartments with supportive services for families transporting out of homelessness. Families pay 30% of their income for rent, while gaining the skills, stability and confidence they need to secure permanent housing.
Pasadena, CA 91101 26.29 miles from city center Wilmington
626-403-4888 Centennial Place is a 144 unit permanent housing facility in Pasadena for single adults. Residents pay approximately 30% of their income to rent private single-occupancy units with community kitchens.
Union Station Homeless Services provides on-site case management and supportive serv See more details
Pasadena, CA 91103 26.84 miles from city center Wilmington
(626) 797-2402 The Homeless Prevention Rapid re-housing Program provides services to homeless individuals and persons who are at risk of homelessness. 211 L A County does not provide eligibility criteria for individual entitlement cities. Inquirers must call in order to be screened and to apply for homeless preven See more details
Pasadena , CA 90026 27.17 miles from city center Wilmington
626-240-4550 The 50-bed Family Center is a safe, nurturing place for homeless parents and children to rebuild their lives and achieve self-sufficiency.
WHAT WE PROVIDE
Case management and referrals
Medical and mental health services See more details
Valley Village, CA 91607 27.23 miles from city center Wilmington
( 818) 246-5586 When calling use extension 133.
This is a Salvation Army Glendale Corps Transitional Housing location for homeless single mothers and children. Single mothers must have been in an emergency shelter for a minimum of 30 days. See more details
Burbank, CA 91507 27.42 miles from city center Wilmington
818-588-6723 Family Promise of the Verdugos helps homeless children and their families by providing housing, food, and intense case management services that focus on each family obtaining financial independence.
Family Promise of the Verdugos is a non-profit, interfaith hospitality network providing temporary See more details
Pasadena, CA 91103 27.54 miles from city center Wilmington
626.277.8135 Back To Life located in NW Pasadena has over 15 years experience working with adults in transition. The comfortable Community Living House is centrally located with easy access to public transportation, provides one meal a day, and a supportive group of peers & colleagues. Contact on-site Manager f See more details
Pasadena, CA 91103 27.64 miles from city center Wilmington
818-571-7265 Services Provided - Transitional Housing - Emergency Housing - Advocacy Groups - Auxiliary Services - Case Management, Counseling, & Therapy Services - Healthy & Wellness Habits Training - Employment Assistance Services & Job Training - Life Skills See more details
Duarte, CA 91010 30.09 miles from city center Wilmington
(626) 240-4550 Eligibility To be eligible for any service through the Homeless Family Solutions System (HFSS), a household seeking assistance must: Meet the definition of a family. Must be facing a housing crisis. Because the Family Solutions Centers (FSC) See more details