Norwich Homeless Shelters & Services For The Needy
Welcome to our Norwich, Connecticut Homeless Shelters and Services for the needy page. Below are all of the homeless shelters and services for the needy that provide help to those in need for Norwich, CT and surrounding cities.
We also provide other homeless resources such as transitional resources for the homeless. Homeless clinic and treatment center resources are also provided on the right navigational bar.
Many shelters also provide services such as alcohol and drug rehab treatment along with clinics. I try to provide as much information as possible on my details pages.
Norwich, CT 06360 (860) 823-3778 No freeze winter shelter provides a place for single adults who are chronically homeless and working with agencies in the town to stay between the hours of 7:30pm and 7:30am from November 1 to March 31 yearly. Initial screening through Human Services is required. Refer callers who have not been scre See more details
Norwich, CT 06360 860-889-1365 EXT 6545 THAMES VALLEY COUNCIL FOR COMMUNITY ACTION Shelter.
The TVCCA Shelter provides emergency housing and three meals a day for up to 45 residents at any one time. Emergency shelter for families consisting of at least one adult and one child under 18 years old or single, pregnant women who are at See more details
Norwich, CT 06360 (860) 823-5000 Emergency Housing Program for Cash Recipients
Description: (CASH RECIPIENTS ONLY!) Social Work Services units at regional DSS offices can provide placement in temporary housing for eligible TFA, SAGA Cash, or State Supplement recipients. Clients can stay in temporary housing for up to 60 days See more details
New London, CT 06320 12.64 miles from city center Norwich
(860) 701-0574 Overnight shelter for individuals or couples (NO FAMILIES) from 7pm to 7am. Snacks are available at the shelter. Free breakfast is available down the street.
Anyone wishing to utilize the shelter must first go to the New London City Police Department at 5 Governor Winthrop Boulevard t See more details
New London, CT 06320 12.90 miles from city center Norwich
(860) 443-0537 Emergency shelter for single adults and families consisting of a single parent with children (newborn to age 17); intake hours vary; referrals accepted 24 hrs/7 days. Maximum stay is 30 days for individuals and 90 days for families. Meals, case management and other support services are provide for s See more details
Willimantic, CT 06226 13.63 miles from city center Norwich
203-423-7719 An emergency shelter for families. Usually mother with children. Holy Family is able to take new borns from the hospital with their moms. It provides three meals a day plus snacks. There is an onsite education program for children that includes an after school homework tutoring program. When school See more details
Willimantic, CT 06226 13.91 miles from city center Norwich
(860) 450-1346 This fully-staffed, year-round organization offers a seasonal no freeze shelter November through April, and a year-round walk-in hospitality center where people can take showers, secure personal and hygiene supplies, access community services, complete 211 intakes, temporarily store personal it See more details
Westerly, RI 02891 17.27 miles from city center Norwich
401-596-9276 Emergency shelter for single adults and couples with no children; intake hours: Walk in: 24 hr/7days, Calls: M-F: 9am-5pm. The maximum continuous stay is 30 days. There are separate sleeping quarters for men and women. A laundry facility is available.
Eligibility:Single adults; Pregnant women See more details
Danielson, CT 06239 21.23 miles from city center Norwich
(860) 774-4977 Families, Single Males and Single Females - 60 day shelter stay. Staffed 24 hours per day.
The Emergency Shelter is a 50-bed facility available to homeless families and single adults. The program is staffed 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Customers are provided 3 meals a day and ba See more details
Rockville, CT 06066 29.42 miles from city center Norwich
(860) 875-6343 Emergency shelter for single men ages 18+, single women ages 18+ and married couples without children. Residents can stay up to one month. Residents using this center will not be admitted before 6pm and must leave by 8am. Meals served in soup kitchen the following day.
Eligibility: Single mal See more details
Vernon, CT 06066 29.46 miles from city center Norwich
(860) 875-6343 Overnight ShelterStaff is on Duty from 5:30 pm to 8:00 am daily.We provide supervised shelter for the homeless, including a warm bed, laundry facilities and a hot shower. Our facility is dormitory style as the beds are separated by dividers to accommodate a varying ratio of both me See more details