Cedarhurst Homeless Shelters & Services For The Needy
Welcome to our Cedarhurst, New York Homeless Shelters and Services for the needy page. Below are all of the homeless shelters and services for the needy that provide help to those in need for Cedarhurst, NY and surrounding cities.
We also provide other homeless resources such as transitional resources for the homeless. Homeless clinic and treatment center resources are also provided on the right navigational bar.
Many shelters also provide services such as alcohol and drug rehab treatment along with clinics. I try to provide as much information as possible on my details pages.
Jamaica, NY 11435 6.04 miles from city center Cedarhurst
Monday - Friday: 10:00AM - 6:00PM
Saturday: 12:00AM - 4:00PM
Closed on Sundays
This is a family shelter. We offer many community outreach services, like mental health referrals , domestic violence, job readiness classes, resume building, interview prep, etc See more details
Hempstead, NY 11550 7.32 miles from city center Cedarhurst
(516) 486-6243 The INN (Interfaith Nutrition Network) addresses the issues of hunger and homelessness on Long Island by providing food, shelter, long-term housing, and supportive services in a dignified and respectful manner for those who seek our help. We are a not-for-profit, volunteer-based organization with a See more details
Brooklyn, NY 8.88 miles from city center Cedarhurst
Intake is open: 24 hours a day. Adult Women's ShelterTake Subway: C to Liberty Ave.
This is a NYC Department of Homeless Services intake shelter for women.
The intake facilities for single adults are open 24 hours, seven days a w See more details
Uniondale, NY 11553 9.34 miles from city center Cedarhurst
(516) 573-8626 If you are experiencing a housing crisis in Nassau County, you should go to the Nassau County Department of Social Services (DSS), at 60 Charles Lindbergh Blvd. in Uniondale, NY. Hours: Monday thru Friday, between the hours of 8:00 am ‚Äď 4:00 pm. A DSS emergency servic See more details
Brooklyn , NY 11207 9.35 miles from city center Cedarhurst
(718) 235-1464 Transitional housing for women with children. Homeless families with children.Overcoming-Love Ministries, Inc. (OCLM) is a 501(c)(3), faith-based organization which has served the communities of Brooklyn and Queens for over 30 years. We are an inter-denominational, multicultural, bilingu See more details
Brooklyn, NY 11233 9.88 miles from city center Cedarhurst
Atlantic House Menís Shelter in Brownsville, Brooklyn, is a 200-bed shelter that provides temporary emergency housing in a safe, supportive and drug-free facility for single men who are dually diagnosed with mental illness and substance abuse. Programs are designed to enable men to improve their abi See more details
Brooklyn, NY 11233 9.88 miles from city center Cedarhurst
(718) 385-8726 The Gathering Place Drop-in Center serves homeless men and women, 18 and older, 24 hours per day, seven days a week, year round. The center provides a safe, sanitary and stable alternative to the street, using an individualized and flexible approach to serve the hard-to-reach street homeless populat See more details
Brooklyn, NY 11233 9.96 miles from city center Cedarhurst
(718) 675-3353 Magnolia House Womenís Shelter in Brownsville, Brooklyn, is a 200-bed shelter that provides temporary emergency housing in a safe, supportive and drug-free facility for single women who are dually diagnosed with mental illness and substance abuse.Meals, 24/7 security and on-site compreh? See more details
Brooklyn, NY 11221 11.25 miles from city center Cedarhurst
(718) 453-4870 Women's Shelter 65 bed shelter for women that provides temporary emergency housing in a safe and supportive environment.Provides meals, security 24 hours a day, and on-site comprehensive services including case management, housing assistance, creative art therapy, medical and See more details
Brooklyn, NY 11221 11.55 miles from city center Cedarhurst
(718)455-0197 Providence House focuses its programs and services on two at-risk and underserved populations: women and children who are homeless and women recently paroled from prison. Providence House provides women and children in crisis with shelter, food and security as well as support services to help them t See more details
Brooklyn, NY 11221 11.58 miles from city center Cedarhurst
(718) 455-0197 A faith-based, woman-focused agency headquartered in the Bedford-Stuyvesant community of Brooklyn, Providence House is built around the use of a unique mentoring model at smaller, congregate transitional housing facilities scattered throughout New York City.That model has been fashioned upon t See more details
Brooklyn, NY 11216 12.11 miles from city center Cedarhurst
718-628-3223 Ready, Willing & Able provides a working way home for homeless men with long histories of incarceration, addiction, and unemployment.At the core of this 12 month residential program is paid work - complemented by holistic social services, caree See more details
Queens, NY 11369 12.49 miles from city center Cedarhurst
Temporary family homeless shelter. Provides for 169 families.The Landing provides comprehensive social services designed to prepare and return families to independent living in permanent housing as quickly as possible. Each family has an individualized service plan that outlines their un See more details
Brooklyn, NY 11215 13.56 miles from city center Cedarhurst
11215 Park Slope Womenís Shelter is a? 100-bed shelter at the Park Slope Armory in Brooklyn. The supportive, structured and therapeutic facility provides temporary housing, nutritious meals and comprehensive services and assistance for mentally ill, substance-abusing women.The shelter enables See more details
Brooklyn, NY 11205 13.86 miles from city center Cedarhurst
(718) 222-1300 Auburn Family Residence at 39 Auburn Place. Shelter in NYC. There have been numerous complaints against this shelter. See more details
Brooklyn, NY 11201 14.15 miles from city center Cedarhurst
(718) 797-0285??? Opportunity House Menís Shelter in Downtown Brooklyn is a 62-bed shelter that provides temporary emergency housing in a safe, supportive, and drug-free facility for single men. Meals, 24/7 security and on-site comprehensive services including case management, housing assistance, creative arts therap See more details
Brooklyn, NY 11201 14.16 miles from city center Cedarhurst
(888) 425-0501 The Tillary Street Women's Shelter is a 200-bed city-funded shelter for women with mental illness and co-morbid substance abuse disorders. Located in downtown Brooklyn. The shelter provides temporary housing, case management, housing referral and (more) placement services, and on-site medical and me See more details
New Yok, NY 10009 14.97 miles from city center Cedarhurst
(212) 777-1010 Emergency Shelter, Supportive Housing Provider and Homelessness Prevention Non-Profit in New York City.If you are currently homeless, contact the Department of Homeless Services by dialing 311 or (718) 503-6400Nazareth Housing cannot accept families directly. Y See more details
Manhattan, NY 10016 15.10 miles from city center Cedarhurst
(718) 557-1399 Intake facility for Homeless men in New York City. Intake is open 24 hours a day.
Homeless individuals who have been in a shelter in New York City within the past 12 months should go to that shelter where they stayed. If not, they need to go to this intake facility.
See more details
New York, NY 1001 15.12 miles from city center Cedarhurst
718-557-1399 24 hour shelter for men. Intake, Assessment, and General Population shelter for homeless men. Intake center for homeless men who are new to the DHS shelter system or who have not resided in the DHS system for over 12 months. New entrants are assigned to one of See more details
New York, NY 10016 15.13 miles from city center Cedarhurst
(212) 481-4707 Open 24 hours per day, including weekends and holidays.Citywide shelter intake center for homeless adult families, including homeless couples (domestic partnership required) with no children and families with no family members under 18 years of age.< See more details
New York City, NY 10002 15.26 miles from city center Cedarhurst
(212)674-3456 Men women and children. Shelter for the Homeless of New York City.Our emergency shelter program provides a safe place for the homeless to come in out of the winter cold. By providing a warm place to sleep, we are preventing victimization, illness and possibly death that someti See more details
New York, NY 10003 15.38 miles from city center Cedarhurst
212-533-8400 First known as Manhattan Bowery Corporation, Project Renewal began life more than 46 years ago as a 48-bed alcohol detoxification program at the then-notorious Third Street Men's Shelter.
This was one of the nation's first successful treatment programs for "public inebriates," coming at a time wh See more details
New York City, NY 10003 15.45 miles from city center Cedarhurst
(212)529-5252 Homes for the Homeless operates Community Residential Resource Centers (CRRCs) within the shelter infrastructure in an effort to simultaneously serve both homeless families and the surrounding community. Our CRRCs combine the basic services of a traditional shelter with a full range of inclusive pro See more details
New York City, NY 10016 15.57 miles from city center Cedarhurst
(212) 883-0680 The Grand Central Neighborhood Social Services Corporation‚Äôs Multi-Service Drop-in Center serves a street homeless population of single adults.Those who use our center range from 18 to 75 years of age.GCNSSC currently provides services to over 300 homeless adults each day, on average. See more details
Bronx, NY 10474 15.58 miles from city center Cedarhurst
(718) 893-3606 The only 24 hour drop in center for homeless in the Bronx.Our Safe Havens are temporary shelters for homeless adults. The Barretto Street Safe Haven (in the same building as the Living Room) has 50 beds for homeless adults The Pyramid See more details
New York, NY 10016 15.58 miles from city center Cedarhurst
(212) 883-0680 24 hours a day, 365 days a year drop in center. Operated by: Grand Central Neighborhood Social Services Corporation. Services: Clients can stay in emergency overnight shelter, receive a variety of
s See more details
New York, NY 10075 15.64 miles from city center Cedarhurst
917-677-0833 Supportive HousingSupportive housing pairs affordable housing with comprehensive on-site supportive services. It is an evidence-based approach that has been shown to be effective in improving housing stability, especially for chronically homeless individuals, as well as employment status See more details
New York City, NY 10013 15.64 miles from city center Cedarhurst
(212)226-6214 Men and women shelter.Emergency Shelter direct Medical Assistance.
Most guests come seeking a hot meal, a clean shower, a safe bed, clothing, and often assistance in addressing their difficult circumstances.
Our goal is to offer resources which will meet basic physical ne See more details
New York, NY 10004 15.79 miles from city center Cedarhurst
(646) 588-0030 Get HelpIf you need help escaping domestic abuse or are a family in need of shelter call:NYCís 24-hour Domestic Violence Hotline800-621-4673National Domestic Violence Hotline800-787-3224NYC Gay and Lesbian Anti-Violence Project21 See more details
New York, NY 10001 16.32 miles from city center Cedarhurst
212-947-3211 Homeless Drop In Center. For both men and women.Hours: Mondays through Sundays: 7:30am to 8:30pm.Provides: Soup KitchenFree ShowersMany other programs and services See more details
New York, NY 1000 16.32 miles from city center Cedarhurst
212-947-3211 Day Center / Drop In Center for the homeless and poor. Provides: Soup Kitchen, Free Showers.Shelter hours: 7 days a week from 7:30am to 8:30pm. See more details
New York, NY 10018 16.40 miles from city center Cedarhurst
212-389-9300 Office Hours: Mon-Fri 9:00-5:00Breaking Ground's mission is to strengthen individuals, families and communities by developing and sustaining exceptional supportive and affordable housing as well as programs for homeless and other vulnerable New Yorker's. The belief that every See more details
New York City, NY 10001 16.52 miles from city center Cedarhurst
(212)924-0167 Hours: Every weekday (including holidays) from 10:30am to 12:30pm. The Soup Kitchen provides a hot, nutritious, well-balanced mea. Although we only serve for two hours, the day at the soup kitchen is
much longer than that. It starts bright and early at 6 a See more details
New York, NY 10018 16.67 miles from city center Cedarhurst
212-629-7440 Sylvia's Place is an emergency shelter for GLBT homeless youth.Metropolitan Community Church of New York provides a spiritual home for
the Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender Community and all who choose
to join us, through prac See more details
New York, NY 10019 16.69 miles from city center Cedarhurst
(212) 366-4459 120 bed shelter houses mentally ill and medically frail womenThe shelter helps the women as they work toward improving their health and acquiring permanent housing. The 52nd Street Womenís Center is a resident focused facility in Manhattan. See more details
Bronx, NY 10460 16.87 miles from city center Cedarhurst
718-842-9797 To get to this shelter take Subway 2 to 149th St., then #55 bus to 166th St. and 3rd Ave.
This is a NYC Department of Homeless Services intake shelter for women only. Open 24 hours a day.
HS operates the most comprehensive shelter services system for single adults in the w See more details
New York, NY 10024 16.93 miles from city center Cedarhurst
212.873.0140 Lalitamba Saranam (fondly known as Fredericks Place after our cat mascot) is a holistic shelter for women, including female youth and victims of domestic violence, in the heart of New York City. We offer support with benefits and housing applications, as well as a comprehensive life skills program t See more details
New York, NY 10024 16.99 miles from city center Cedarhurst
(212) 873-0140 Lalitamba Saranam (fondly known as Frederick's Place after our cat mascot) is a home for women in transition ages 18-25, including survivors of domestic violence and runaway youth located in the heart of New York City.In caring for guests, we offer wellness programs that tend to body, mind, an See more details
New York, NY 10024 17.00 miles from city center Cedarhurst
(212)873-0140 Respite for New York City's Women in TransitionIntake You are welcome to stay as a guest at Lalitamba Saranam.To register as a guest, you will need a valid picture ID and social security card/number.We ask that you be drug and alcohol free d See more details
Bronx, NY 10451 17.01 miles from city center Cedarhurst
(718) 503-6400 All families with children must apply for shelter at DHS' Prevention Assistance and Temporary Housing (PATH) intake center. PATH, located in the Bronx, is a state-of-the-art and eco-friendly facility that has been specifically sized, staffed, and laid out to meet the demand for homeless service See more details
Jersey City, NJ 07302 17.34 miles from city center Cedarhurst
(201) 451-8225 St. Joseph's Home is far more than a shelter. Here, the women of York Street Project in Jersey City, New Jersey are given the opportunity to take concrete steps towards attaining permanent housing while building independent lives for themselves and their families.
Our Home, a five-s See more details
Hoboken, NJ 07030 17.70 miles from city center Cedarhurst
201-656-5069 Overnight shelter and meals.
Drug & Alcohol Counseling,
Medication Counseling, and
Dinner is prepared & served to 100 guests nightly, by 6000 volunteers throughout the year. We always wel See more details
Jersey City, NJ 07302 17.81 miles from city center Cedarhurst
(201) 420-1070 Catholic Charities of the Archdiocese of NewarkStaff on-site 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Hope House, an emergency shelter for homeless women with children, helps families become self-sufficient by giving them an opportunity for decision making and for assuming responsibili See more details
Bronx, NY 10452 17.84 miles from city center Cedarhurst
(718) 293-2930 Cromwell Avenue Safe Haven is an 80-bed facility providing low demand transitional housing, direct care and case management services to long-term street homeless men and homeless veterans. For information, call (718) 293-2930. See more details
Jersey City, NJ 07310 17.96 miles from city center Cedarhurst
2016533366 Staff on-site 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Shelters has beds for 60 men & 20 women, also shelters 25 extras from Outreach program with Port Authority.
St. Lucy's Emergency Shelter is a supervised 24-hour, 7-day-a-week, year-round emergency shelter facility for sing See more details
Bronx, NY 10453 18.13 miles from city center Cedarhurst
718-943-1341 The 200-bed facility also houses mentally ill and medically frail women. Since opening, we have helped over 1,000 women at that facility in permanent housing. The 200-bed transitional womenís shelter is co-located with a CFH health and dental center. See more details
Union City, NJ 07087 18.40 miles from city center Cedarhurst
(201) 348-8150 Palisades Emergency Residence Corp
Palisades Emergency Residence Corporation (PERC) exists to defeat the cycle of poverty, understanding that food and shelter are fundamental human rights. PERC believes that with help there is hope. We believe that every person deserves dignity, respe See more details
Union City, NJ 07087 18.76 miles from city center Cedarhurst
(201) 867 - 4093 Emergency Services, food, clothing, shelter, guidance, Adult rehabilitation services alcohol, social and correctional counseling. Furniture pick-up. See more details
Bronix, NY 10467 19.48 miles from city center Cedarhurst
(718) 684-8886 NYC Department of Homeless Services shelter which provides 200 beds for men. Social Services Provided at shelter:assistance with benefits and gathering vital documentshousing case management See more details
New Rochelle, NY 10801 19.75 miles from city center Cedarhurst
(914) 235-2607 A 32 bed shelter which offers temporary shelter, clean bedding, and three meals per day for men and women who are faced with homelessness. The shelter is also handicapped accessible. Men and women allowed.
Oasis will continue to operate in its normal capacity as an emergency overnigh See more details
West Babylon, NY 10704 20.42 miles from city center Cedarhurst
646-920-5183 Destiny Village is a non for profit transitional housing program. We house 48 males in two seperate locations which are located side by side. Intake hours are mon thru fri 9am - 6pm. We accept DSS or self paying residents. We also provide food for meals to resi See more details
Bayonne, NJ 07002 20.94 miles from city center Cedarhurst
(201) 437 - 7222 To provide programs geared primarily for low income citizens, senior citizens and the handicapped. Information and referral is given to any citizen of Bayonne who needs our assistance. The B.E.O.F.'s programs range from pre-natal through the "Golden Years".
Multi-purpose community servi See more details
Yonkers, NY 10701 22.97 miles from city center Cedarhurst
914-963-2626 Temporary Homeless Shelter for men due to the closing of the Sharing Community Men's Drop In Center. Up to 50 men can be provided food and shelter at a time at this shelter location. If they reach capacity, people in need will be provided transportation to anot See more details
Hackensack, NJ 07601 23.67 miles from city center Cedarhurst
201-336-6475 Services Provided:
Links to Community Services
The center is designed to serve individual men and women who are homeless, individuals and families who are precariously housed, and others who require lin See more details
Hackensack, NJ 07601 24.43 miles from city center Cedarhurst
201-968-0200 The 1st Stop Program provides a single point of entry for low-income families to access life changing public benefits. Available services include comprehensive needs assessment, benefit screening, information and referral, case management. advocacy, counseling and follow-up.
Services See more details
Middletown, NJ 07734 24.88 miles from city center Cedarhurst
732 495-1050 Our mission is to provide food, shelter and comprehensive services to homeless families in Monmouth County in cooperation with a network of interfaith congregations, while advocating innovative solutions to chronic homelessness.
ShelterOur s See more details
White Plains, NY 10601 27.65 miles from city center Cedarhurst
914-995-2000 Hours: Mon-Fri 8:30 am-5:00 pmProvides the referrals for temporary shelter to homeless families, singles, and childless couples in the county. The office has a contractual relationship with not-for-profit agencies for the provision of case management services, shelt See more details
White Plains, NY 10601 27.70 miles from city center Cedarhurst
914-948-5044 Open Arms provides a full range of shelter and rehabilitative services for up to 38 single, homeless men 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. The shelter also operates an Emergency Center where individuals who would otherwise have to spend their nights on the streets can receive emergency overnight shelt See more details
Ridgewood, NJ 07450 31.72 miles from city center Cedarhurst
201-833-8009 Emergency Shelter for homeless working families.
The Family Promise Network is a sheltering program for homeless families with dependent children, accommodating up to 14 people at a time. Local congregations host the families overnight on a weekly rotating basis. Volunteers from hos See more details