New Haven Homeless Shelters & Services For The Needy
Welcome to our New Haven, Connecticut Homeless Shelters and Services for the needy page. Below are all of the homeless shelters and services for the needy that provide help to those in need for New Haven, CT and surrounding cities.
Help Us Help You
We also provide other homeless resources such as transitional resources for the homeless. Homeless clinic and treatment center resources are also provided on the right navigational bar.
Many shelters also provide services such as alcohol and drug rehab treatment along with clinics. I try to provide as much information as possible on my details pages.
New Haven, CT 06511 203777-2522 The ESMS program specializes in providing shelter and services for homeless men operating a 75-bed facility. Client check-in starts at 4:00 pm and wake up is 7am with all clients departing shelter by 7:30 am.
We are Connecticut largest All Male Homeless shelter.
New Haven, CT 06519 203-777-7848 Food Pantry / Neighborhood Services - Hillside Family Shelter - LifeWorks Center - Mothers for Justice - Advocacy and Education Project - Stepping Stone Transitional Housing Program - Thanksgiving Distribution - Advocacy - Children's Programs
New Haven, CT 06519 203-492-4873 CareWays Shelter is a part of New Reach, Inc. CareWays accepts families with a female head of household. If you are in need of shelter, please contact 211. See more details
New Haven, CT 06519 203-624-5789 Martha's Place is a part of New Reach, Inc. Martha's Place accepts single women and families with a female head of household. If you are in need of shelter, please contact 211. See more details
New Haven, CT 06513 203 776-6208 Life Haven Shelter is a part of New Reach, Inc. Life Haven accepts families with a female head of household and women who are 8 months pregnant. If you are in need of shelter, please contact 211.
We are a not-for-profit organization, offering emergency shelter for
homeless pregnant w See more details
New Haven, CT 06519 (203)773-9673 Emergency shelter - Overflow shelter - Transitional Housing - Permanent Support Housing - Street Outreach - Case Management.
Emergency shelter for single adults with a 90 day maximum stay; intake hours for women are 4-6pm daily for women and 4:30pm for men. Cedar Street Overflow Shelter provi See more details
Milford, CT 06460 9.16 miles from city center New Haven
(203) 876-0747 Homeless Shelter. Shelter for single adults and for families; intake: M - F: 9:30am - 2:30pm; telephone intake required. Residents are assigned a case manager and work towards a goal of self sufficiency. All residents must help with chores and actively seek employment. Shelter has a zero tolerance p See more details
Wallingford, CT 06492 11.24 miles from city center New Haven
(203) 294-0102 Emergency shelter accepts single adults during periods of emergency, dislocation, crisis or hardship from November 1-April 15; intake hours: must arrive between 7-8pm daily; call first after 8pm.
Must be a Resident of Wallingford; Income restriction; Single adults only
Capacity: 15 adu See more details
Stratford, CT 06615 14.64 miles from city center New Haven
(203)377-0072 A Transitional Housing Program for Families with low income, homeless or in process to become homeless. Bethlehem House I & II provides each family their own apartment, located in a quiet and safe environment in Stratford. There are eight furnished apartments, two apartments with 4 bedrooms and See more details
Bridgeport, CT 06606 15.21 miles from city center New Haven
203-540-5449 Shelter for Single Adult Women. Emergency overnight shelter for single women. Intake hours: 4-6:30pm daily (must check-in by 4pm to be served an evening meal). Services include a hot shower, clean clothes, and a hot meal. Maximum stay 30 days for single homeless women See more details
Bridgeport, CT 06606 15.21 miles from city center New Haven
203-908-3955 Shelter for Homeless Mothers with Children ages 5 and under.
Open 24 hours a day, seven days a week, our comfortable shelter provides the essentials of safe lodging, nourishing food and needed clothing for displaced women with children. Women receive case management support and acces See more details
Bridgeport, CT 06610 15.39 miles from city center New Haven
(203) 610-8296 The Seaview Apartment Program provides permanent, supportive housing for sixteen (16) individuals who are chronically homeless at the time of admission and who are also living with psychiatric disorders, substance use disorders and/or HIV/AIDS.
Bridgeport, CT 06608 15.71 miles from city center New Haven
(203) 367-5830 Emergency shelters for families; intake hours: Call first to see if there is a waiting list.
The shelters provides lunch and dinner and cold breakfast items.
To be eligible: Families including pregnant women; Residents who have left the shelter cannot return to the shelter for two years aft See more details
Meriden, CT 06450 16.80 miles from city center New Haven
(203) 634-1734 Shelter NOW in Meriden offers multiple forms of emergency shelter on site. Managed by New Opportunities, this location provides refuge for three categories of homeless people: single men, single women and families. Services are directed toward those who do not have safe shelter – they are liter See more details
Bridgeport, CT 06604 17.12 miles from city center New Haven
(203) 576-9041 Homeless Shelter for 18 and older. Emergency shelter for single adults includes meals and referrals to health and social services; intake hours: 24 hr 7 days.
32 bed shelter.
provides emergency shelter to thirty-two adults on a daily basis. Prospect House provides comprehensive case m See more details
Bridgeport, CT 06605 17.42 miles from city center New Haven
203-333-4087 x100 Shelter for Single Adult Men.
Emergency overnight shelter for single adult men; intake hours: 4:30-6:30pm daily (must check-in by 4pm to be served an evening meal). Services include a hot shower, clean clothes, and a hot meal. Men are limited to a 30-day stay. *Shelter is not wheelcha See more details
Waterbury, CT 06706 17.51 miles from city center New Haven
(203) 573-9018 Our Homeless Shelter is the largest in CT and provides men, women and families with a secure sleeping environment seven nights a week. The facility is open to families on a 24 hour basis. Guests staying at the Shelter receive a shower, breakfast and dinner, clothing vouchers to the St Vincent DePaul See more details
Waterbury, CT 06702 18.18 miles from city center New Haven
203-575-0388 Safe Haven is NOT a homeless shelter. We provide EMERGENCY shelter for women and their children who are victims of domestic violence. See more details
Waterbury, CT 06710 18.47 miles from city center New Haven
2037689744 Home of Hope is a faith-based, nonprofit organization whose purpose is to identify and meet the social-environmental needs of our community. Home of Hope offers Counseling Services to individuals in the Greater Waterbury area. Home of Hope also has a separate Transitional Housing Program for familie See more details
Fairfield, CT 06824 21.02 miles from city center New Haven
203-254-2935 Emergency shelter for single adults and families with children (maximum of one female adult and up to 3 children; 4 people per family unit); Intake hours 24/7. The shelter provides three meals a day, counseling, showers, laundry facilities, and clothing. Support services are provided to evaluate and See more details
Middletown, CT 06457 22.10 miles from city center New Haven
(860) 704-3100 Emergency Housing Program for Cash Recipients
(CASH RECIPIENTS ONLY!) Social Work Services units at regional DSS offices can provide placement in temporary housing for eligible TFA, SAGA Cash, or State Supplement recipients. Clients can stay in temporary housing for up to 60 days; they are al See more details
Middletown, CT 06457 22.39 miles from city center New Haven
(860) 347-8686 Middlesex Family Shelter
Emergency shelter for families who have no other housing options; intake hours: M-F: 9am-4pm. No walk-ins; must call ahead to check for space availability. Must be clean and sober.
Eligibility: Three months maximum stay; No other housing options available; Fa See more details
Middletown, CT 06457 22.44 miles from city center New Haven
1-860-344- 0097 St. Vincent de Paul Middletown administers the city's emergency warming center from November to March
In Middletown from 9 p.m. until 7 a.m. . See our website for details. www.svdmiddletown.org.
If you are facing homelessness in Middlesex County, Meriden or Wallingford, call 211.
See more details
Bristol, CT 06010 25.15 miles from city center New Haven
(860) 589-0702 Shelter for men and women. There is also a dorm set aside for women with children. No walk-ins. You must call and be put on the waiting list before entrance will be granted. This is a sober shelter. You must be out of the shelter by 7:30 am Monday through Saturday and 8:30 am on Sunday. You have to See more details
New Britain, CT 06051 25.16 miles from city center New Haven
Emergency Housing Program for Cash Recipients
Description:(CASH RECIPIENTS ONLY!) Social Work Services units at regional DSS offices can provide placement in temporary housing for eligible TFA, SAGA Cash, or State Supplement recipients. Clients can stay in temporary housing for up to 60 days; See more details
New Britain, CT 06051 25.34 miles from city center New Haven
((860) 225-0211 Emergency housing for single adults, women with children ages 1+, couples with children ages 1+, and couples without children; intake hours: M-F: 9am-4pm. Clients may stay up to 30 days with possible extensions.
Eligibility: Single adults; Pregnant women in early trimester; Women with childre See more details
Riverhead, NY 11901 30.23 miles from city center New Haven
(631) 852-3500 Persons who are homeless or in danger of becoming homeless should apply for assistance at a Social Services Center. Apply in Person as early as possible, between the hours of 8:00 am â€“ 3:00 pm. A DSS emergency services unit worker will assess the individualâ€™s needs. The person may ha See more details