Fairfield Homeless Shelters & Services For The Needy
Welcome to our Fairfield, Alabama Homeless Shelters and Services for the needy page. Below are all of the homeless shelters and services for the needy that provide help to those in need for Fairfield, AL and surrounding cities.
Help Us Help You
We also provide other homeless resources such as transitional resources for the homeless. Homeless clinic and treatment center resources are also provided on the right navigational bar.
Many shelters also provide services such as alcohol and drug rehab treatment along with clinics. I try to provide as much information as possible on my details pages.
Birmingham, AL 35204 4.52 miles from city center Fairfield
205-786-4388 Shelter for all.
The Centers of Concern throughout the Diocese of Birmingham provide direct aid to the poor. These centers are one of the most important ministries of outreach in our Diocese. A majority of the people who are helped with food, clothing, utilities, and other services See more details
Birmingham, AL 35222 5.54 miles from city center Fairfield
205-323-5878 This facility consists of a 160-bed men’s shelter, dining hall, clothing distribution, chapel services, a recovery program, and a learning center for education remediation and career readiness. On average, the dining hall serves over 12,000 meals per month.
Bessemer, AL 35020 5.61 miles from city center Fairfield
(205) 425-7737 Mission: To restore hope and rebuild the lives of the addict, the ex-inmate and the destitute through Christ-centered Recovery, Re-Entry and Rescue.
Hours: Mondays through Fridays 8:30am to 4:30pm.
Rescue Programs The Foundry's Rescue Program provides assistance to margin See more details
Birmingham, AL 35201 6.09 miles from city center Fairfield
205-324-6502 Men's Services- 201 Finley Ave West 324-6502
Aletheia House is a community-based organization that has been providing substance abuse treatment and prevention services to low-income individuals, and the communities in which they live, since 1972. It is one of Alabama's largest provide See more details
Birmingham, AL 35205 6.35 miles from city center Fairfield
930-0144 Adult women. Intake 9:00 AM-5:00 PM. Phone referral okay. Provides shelter, clothes, transportation referral, group and individual counseling.
Eligibility: Women in need may receive shelter if they are willing to participate in setting and attaining goals as well as cooperating with See more details
Birmingham, AL 35202 6.45 miles from city center Fairfield
205-252-9571 Overnight shelter and day program for adult homeless men.
The Firehouse Shelter serves more homeless men than any agency in the state of Alabama and operates the broadest, most comprehensive continuum of services for Birmingham's homeless. At the heart of our mission are chronic hard-co See more details
Birmingham , AL 35204 6.60 miles from city center Fairfield
205-521-6421 Homeless transitional housing ministry. 6-24 month program. Meal assistance, job placement assistance, transportation assistance. Monthly free medical clinic. Homeless meal service 3 nights per week.
Description from CLCC website: Changed Lives Christian Center (CLCC) is a Christ-center See more details
Birmingham, AL 35205 6.81 miles from city center Fairfield
933-2430 Non-Profit Agency funded primarily by the United Way, donations, the Alabama Department of Mental Health, and sliding-scale fees. The house provides a substance abuse recovery program designed to serve the special needs of an individual who suffers from alcoholism, drug addiction and co-occurring di See more details
Birmingham, AL 35234 6.98 miles from city center Fairfield
205-328-5656 Men, women & children. Picture ID required. Men Intake 4:00 PM-until full. Women Intake 8:00 AM-until full. (After hours intake for emergencies.) No ID required for first night
1. Shelter, Food, Clothing, Counseling for homeless men.
Birmingham, AL 35203 6.99 miles from city center Fairfield
2053226854 Pathways' mission is to end homelessness for women and children through hospitality, housing, and hope. We are a private, not for profit, United Way agency that helps homeless women and children put their lives back together.
Birmingham, AL 35203 6.99 miles from city center Fairfield
205-322-6854 We supply emergency services for homeless women and children – showers, clean clothes and hot meals. Last year, our Day Center served more than 1,200 women and children.
The Day Center is open 365 days a year. Weekdays 8:15 AM - 5:00 PM Weekends and Holidays 9:00 AM - 3:00 PM< See more details
Birmingham, AL 35203 7.10 miles from city center Fairfield
(205) 323-4277 Emergency shelter for homeless women and children; permanent housing for women with disabilities; permanent housing for chronically homeless women. Referrals as necessary; life skills training; serves breakfast, and dinner daily.
Birmingham, AL 35203 7.18 miles from city center Fairfield
(205) 323-0170 Due to our desire to protect women and children already in the program, women wanting to enter the program should arrive at Jessie’s Place by 9 a.m., Monday through Friday, to apply and participate in an in-take interview.
Birmingham, AL 35222 7.20 miles from city center Fairfield
(205) 324-2271 Downtown Jimmie Hale Mission, Inc. is a Christian-based, nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization, which includes a homeless shelter for men, a shelter for women and children, after-school Bible clubs, recovery programs, learning centers, and thrift stores.
Birmingham, AL 35213 10.40 miles from city center Fairfield
(205) 595-4555 RESIDENTIAL PROGRAMS The Authority operates a residential program for adults with mental illness, which provides treatment and housing for 90 individuals. This program is comprised of four Transitional homes, four Group homes, and a Brief Intensive Treatment Home providing services to ten peopl See more details
Birmingham, AL 35212 10.62 miles from city center Fairfield
251-35212 Those we serve come from a variety of backgrounds. Generally we help children, the unemployed, homeless, the working poor, the disabled, families on welfare, veterans and the elderly whose fixed income is too small. Some of our guests have income. About 25% of our guests are employed part-time or See more details
Birmingham, AL 35215 10.62 miles from city center Fairfield
205-202-5755 Saint Benedict's is operated by Three Hots and A Cot - Three Hots and A Cot is a 501c3 organization (TAX ID # 26-4355458) formed by veterans to help veterans. Our primary mission is to assist homeless military veterans transition to a self sustained lifestyle. See more details
Birmingham, AL 35212 10.63 miles from city center Fairfield
205-834-6272 Resource Management Services for Social Service Organizations and Transitional Resettlement Services for the Homeless, Substance/Alcohol Abuse, Domestic Violence, At-Risk Youth, Veterans and Prison Re-entry, state and federal systems. See more details
Birmingham, AL 35212 10.76 miles from city center Fairfield
(205) 591-4302 Interfaith Hospitality House The YWCA operates one of Alabama’s only permanent facilities serving two parent families experiencing homelessness in the state of Alabama. Through the Interfaith Hospitality House, located in the Woodlawn neighborhood of Birmingham, the YWCA offers shelter and supp See more details
Center Point, AL 35212 18.62 miles from city center Fairfield
205-520-2356 Operated by Three Hots and A Cot Three Hots and A Cot is a 501c3 organization (TAX ID # 26-4355458) formed by veterans to help veterans. Our primary mission is to assist homeless military veterans transition to a self sustained lifestyle See more details
Jasper, AL 35502 31.93 miles from city center Fairfield
205-221-7737 Provides food bank, thrift store, canteen in times of disaster, assistance with prescription medicine and as vouchers in times of need, Christmas and Back to School programs for children and access to the Salvation Army homeless shelters in B'ham & Tuscaloosa. Assistance is provided with transportat See more details