Elizabeth Homeless Shelters & Services For The Needy
Welcome to our Elizabeth, New Jersey Homeless Shelters and Services for the needy page. Below are all of the homeless shelters and services for the needy that provide help to those in need for Elizabeth, NJ and surrounding cities.
Help Us Help You
We also provide other homeless resources such as transitional resources for the homeless. Homeless clinic and treatment center resources are also provided on the right navigational bar.
Many shelters also provide services such as alcohol and drug rehab treatment along with clinics. I try to provide as much information as possible on my details pages.
Elizabeth, NJ 07201 908-355-9622 Shelter for single men age 18 and over and female heads of household families. Services provided are emergency food, housing search, referrals to medical and counseling services.
Homeless female head of household must be referred by the Division of Social Services. Single men over 18 ye See more details
Elizabeth, NJ 07201 (908) 355-2060 The mission of the Elizabeth Coalition to House the Homeless is to ensure that homeless individuals and families, and those persons who imminently face homelessness in Union County:
Obtain safe, sanitary, and adequate temporary or emergency shelter;
Staten Island, NY 10302 4.37 miles from city center Elizabeth
(718)448-1544 Emergency Shelter Clothing or Vouchers.
Need Help? If you are in Staten Island, New York, and you need help, please contact the following programs as appropriate: Need food? Please contact Project Hospitality’s Community Services Center, which is located at 514 Bay Street, See more details
irvington, NJ 07111 4.46 miles from city center Elizabeth
973 399 1393 A village for humanity provides men whom have in some way lost their footing an opportunity to re-establish and/or find their proper place in society by providing the basic necessity of supportive and stable housing.In our residential facility, we offer comprehensive services in a "homey" yet struct See more details
Bayonne, NJ 07002 4.46 miles from city center Elizabeth
(201) 437 - 7222 To provide programs geared primarily for low income citizens, senior citizens and the handicapped. Information and referral is given to any citizen of Bayonne who needs our assistance. The B.E.O.F.'s programs range from pre-natal through the "Golden Years".
newark, NJ 07103 4.68 miles from city center Elizabeth
9734162679 ANSWERS Moving Forward (AMF) is a nonprofit corporation formed to serve the male population in need of temporary shelter. Our facility is centrally located in Newark and is close to mass transportation
We provide a clean and safe environment for our residents. We specifically focus on the clients n See more details
Newark, NJ 07102 5.00 miles from city center Elizabeth
(973) 639-2100 We provide support to individuals and families through programming in six areas: emergency services, workforce development, housing, prisoner re-entry, health, and family development. With intensive and holistic case management and our referral network, we help resilient individuals and famili See more details
Irvington, NJ 07111 5.03 miles from city center Elizabeth
973-375-8900 70 bed Men/Women ages 18+ double/triple room occupancy, newly installed handicap accessible elevator,24 hour staff & surveillance system, free laundry service, internet access, etc. See more details
NEWARK, NJ 07102 5.21 miles from city center Elizabeth
(973) 621-8705 In 1989, Covenant House began its work in New Jersey by providing basic services to homeless youth on the streets of Newark and Atlantic City.
Over the past 25 years, we have grown by creating more services and enhancing the quality of those services.
East Orange, NJ 07017 5.30 miles from city center Elizabeth
973 280 9109 Sadaqa House, Inc. is located in the City of East Orange, State of New Jersey which provides a quiet, comfortable living environment with shared bathroom and kitchen. Sadaqa House, Inc. is a women central resource center as well as an emergency home (not to exceed 30 day stay). See more details
Newark, NJ 07103 5.37 miles from city center Elizabeth
(973) 623-8555 Harmony House is a transitional housing program with the primary goal of helping families move from homelessness to permanent housing and from dependency to self- sufficiency. With the capacity to house 102 families in individual apartment units and host of on-site social services, Harmo See more details
Maplewood, NJ 07040 5.77 miles from city center Elizabeth
973-374-7838 Emergency residence dedicated to the provision of housing and support services to homeless single women and their children. We have NEVER accepted men in our facility. P
Our primary mission commits us to empowering underserved individuals with an initial focus on homeless individu See more details
Newark, NJ 07102 5.93 miles from city center Elizabeth
973-621-0181 Thirty day emergency shelter for homeless single men and women. Residents must arrive by 5 pm an leave in the morning by 7 am. No meals provided.
Languages other than English: Spanish.
Men or women that are in need of shelter from Essex County with ID. See more details
Newark, NJ 07107 6.04 miles from city center Elizabeth
(973)621-9560 Here at Goodwill Rescue Mission on 79 University Avenue in Newark, NJ, we currently offer the following services to the poor and homeless:
- Hot Meals: We are open to serve men, women and children lunch (12:00-12:30) and dinner (5:45-6:30) seven days a week See more details
Newark, NJ 07104 6.30 miles from city center Elizabeth
(973)482-8865 42 bed facility that serves 3 meals daily for women & children only. Case management, parenting skills, and budget counseling. Substance abuse counseling and mental health services are available on site.
Mon - Fri 9:00am - 5:00pm Program Director 24 hours a day /7 days a week M-F See more details
East Orange, NJ 07018 6.35 miles from city center Elizabeth
973-266-4481 Agency: East Orange General Hospital.
Homeless case management services for patients residing in Essex County who suffer from mental illness. Patient advocates and linkages to financial, medical and psychiatric services provided. See more details
East Orange, NJ 07018 6.92 miles from city center Elizabeth
(973) 395 - 8400 This Division serves as the County's anti-poverty agency and provides a number of valuable emergency assistance and social services to individuals facing crisis situations.
Offers Emergency and Home Energy Assistance (NJ Shares)
Promotes Homelessness Preve See more details
Newark, NJ 07104 7.03 miles from city center Elizabeth
(973) 732-5129 Peace House Inc. provides a temporary shelter for women who are homeless, released from substance abuse treatment programs or justice system. Women who are ready to make the transition to self-sufficiency and become productive members of society. Peace House Inc. is an eight bedroom home that house See more details
Bloomfield, NJ 07003 9.51 miles from city center Elizabeth
(973) 759 - 2154 Victims of domestic violence.
Emergency shelter, medical attention, case management, legal advocacy, court accompaniment, 24-hour hotline & shelter admission, food, clothing, comprehensive children's program, support group & individual counseling, housing advocacy, information & refer See more details
Jersey City, NJ 07302 9.63 miles from city center Elizabeth
(201) 420-1070 Catholic Charities of the Archdiocese of Newark
Staff on-site 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Hope House, an emergency shelter for homeless women with children, helps families become self-sufficient by giving them an opportunity for decision making and for assuming responsibili See more details
Perth Amboy, NJ 08861 9.64 miles from city center Elizabeth
(732) 826-7711 The State Street Program has 25 transitional housing rooms, 27 studio apartments and three one-bedroom apartments for low-income singles and couples. Many of the men and women tenants once resided in Catholic Charities, Diocese of Metuchen shelters.
Jersey City, NJ 07302 9.74 miles from city center Elizabeth
(201) 451-8225 St. Joseph's Home is far more than a shelter. Here, the women of York Street Project in Jersey City, New Jersey are given the opportunity to take concrete steps towards attaining permanent housing while building independent lives for themselves and their families.
Montclair, NJ 07042 10.30 miles from city center Elizabeth
973-746-2401 Juniper House is the Licensed Shelter operated under the REAL House umbrella of treatment services. Our goal is to provide a setting where residents learn to empower themselves through making positive choices for their future. We encourage women to slow down and take some time in getting to know wh See more details
Montclair, NJ 07042 10.30 miles from city center Elizabeth
973-746-2400 Real House was established 10 years ago. It is a shelter for women in the process of recovery from substance and domestic abuse. Here we strive to empower women through quality support services. We provide a clean and safe home base environment for our women, where they can do the necessary inner-wo See more details
Perth Amboy, NJ 08861 10.70 miles from city center Elizabeth
732-826-7040 The Salvation Army Perth Amboy Corps offers state-of-the-art Shelter Programs, including 24-hour supervision, meals, case management and advocacy for homeless men, including Veterans. Shelter clients will receive help in locating permanent housing, learn money management skills and receive on-going See more details
Montclair, NJ 07042 10.73 miles from city center Elizabeth
973-744-8666 Emergency shelter for adults and families living in the suburban area of Essex County.
Eligibility: Adults and Families. The Salvation Army operates an emergency shelter in Montclair with a 23 bed capacity. The program offers additional supportive services to facilitate independence and See more details
Hoboken, NJ 07030 10.78 miles from city center Elizabeth
201-656-5069 Shelter hours: 9am - 11am and 12pm - 7pm on weekdays.
3pm - 7pm on Saturdays and Sundays.
Dinner is served at 7:15pm/7:30pm every evening to approximately 100 people. Breakfast & lunch is served daily to our 50 Shelter Guests (Residents). An additional Breakfast is provided duri See more details
Brooklyn, NY 11201 11.94 miles from city center Elizabeth
(718) 254-9134 Domestic Violence Victims Only Emergency Shelter
Three Safe Havens Women’s Survival Space Women’s Safe Start Women’s Second Start Our shelters provide lifesaving emergency housing for women and children who are fleeing abusive homes. Each family stays in their ow See more details
New York City, NY 10002 12.03 miles from city center Elizabeth
(212)674-3456 Men women and children. Shelter for the Homeless of New York City.
ast year, The Bowery Mission has provided shelter for homeless men and women for a combined 91,500 nights in New York City. Our emergency shelter program provides a safe place for the homeless to come in out of the w See more details
Brooklyn, NY 11201 12.11 miles from city center Elizabeth
(888) 425-0501 The Tillary Street Women's Shelter is a 200-bed city-funded shelter for women with mental illness and co-morbid substance abuse disorders. Located in downtown Brooklyn. The shelter provides temporary housing, case management, housing referral and (more) placement services, and on-site medical and me See more details
New York, NY 10003 12.25 miles from city center Elizabeth
212-533-8400 First known as Manhattan Bowery Corporation, Project Renewal began life more than 46 years ago as a 48-bed alcohol detoxification program at the then-notorious Third Street Men's Shelter.
This was one of the nation's first successful treatment programs for "public inebriates," coming at a time wh See more details
Union City, NJ 07087 12.37 miles from city center Elizabeth
(201) 348-8150 Palisades Emergency Residence Corp
Palisades Emergency Residence Corporation (PERC) exists to defeat the cycle of poverty, understanding that food and shelter are fundamental human rights. PERC believes that with help there is hope. We believe that every person deserves dignity, respe See more details
Union City, NJ 07087 12.54 miles from city center Elizabeth
(201) 867 - 4093 Emergency Services, food, clothing, shelter, guidance, Adult rehabilitation services alcohol, social and correctional counseling. Furniture pick-up. See more details
New York, NY 10018 12.95 miles from city center Elizabeth
212-389-9300 Office Hours: Mon-Fri 9:00-5:00
Breaking Ground's mission is to strengthen individuals, families and communities by developing and sustaining exceptional supportive and affordable housing as well as programs for homeless and other vulnerable New Yorker's. The belief that every See more details
Manhattan, NY 10016 13.42 miles from city center Elizabeth
Intake facility for Homeless men in New York City.
Homeless individuals who have been in a shelter in New York City within the past 12 months should go to that shelter where they stayed. If not, they need to go to this intake facility.
New York City, NY 10016 13.77 miles from city center Elizabeth
(212) 883-0680 The Grand Central Neighborhood Social Services Corporation’s Multi-Service Drop-in Center serves a street homeless population of single adults. Those who use our center range from 18 to 75 years of age. GCNSSC currently provides services to over 300 homeless adults each day, on average. See more details
Brooklyn, NY 11216 13.93 miles from city center Elizabeth
718-628-3223 The Doe Fund's Gates Avenue Center for Opportunity serves formerly homeless and formerly incarcerated males (who are 18 years old or older) through the organization's flagship Ready, Willing & Able program. Referrals are provided by the New York City Department of Homeless Services to those in the m See more details
New York, NY 10023 14.34 miles from city center Elizabeth
212 873 9224 A RESIDENCE FOR MEN, 18 & OVER, DRUG & ALCOHOL FREE WITH SERIOUS DISEASE PROBLEMS SUCH AS CANCER, SOME MENTAL ILLNESSES, DIABETES, HIV+, ETC.
Doors open at 7:00 a.m. Private shelter for homeless,
working men. Vacancies are rare. Call for intake information. See more details
Passaic, NJ 07055 14.41 miles from city center Elizabeth
973-472-2478 Homelessness prevention activities include rental assistance to those who are eligible (funding permitting), vouchers for emergency hotel or rooming house shelter, and the Specialized Shelter Program. There are twenty-eight units for single people and some social services are provided to residents. See more details
Edison, NJ 08817 14.83 miles from city center Elizabeth
(732)985-0327 Emergency Shelter for Women and Children.
Ozanam Family Shelter in Edison provides emergency shelter for 16 single women and 26 families. The facility has 14 emergency shelter beds and 26 transitional housing beds. While living in the shelter, program residents work with case managers See more details
New York, NY 10024 14.99 miles from city center Elizabeth
212.873.0140 Lalitamba Saranam (fondly known as Fredericks Place after our cat mascot) is a holistic shelter for women, including female youth and victims of domestic violence, in the heart of New York City. We offer support with benefits and housing applications, as well as a comprehensive life skills program t See more details
Clifton, NJ 07011 15.09 miles from city center Elizabeth
973-777-0571 A dream to open a shelter for women with children was born in 2003.
For several years I had watched homeless children stuck in front of TV, often missing school, often without anything else to do. It bothered me a lot; a former teacher and a mother of two had a dream to do something about it.
Th See more details
Brooklyn, NY 11233 15.26 miles from city center Elizabeth
347-465-0782 Because Everyone Deserves Shelter (B.E.D.S.) Community Shared Living (transitional housing) provides a stepping
stone into society for homeless single males, parolees, and individuals on SSI.
We create a safer more comfortable environment for
individuals who have shown great progr See more details
Keansburg, NJ 07734 15.74 miles from city center Elizabeth
Our mission is to provide food, shelter and comprehensive services to homeless families in Monmouth County in cooperation with a network of interfaith congregations, while advocating innovative solutions to chronic homelessness.
Ridgefield, NJ 07657 15.84 miles from city center Elizabeth
(201) 943 - 7172 Services provided at this Welfare Office.
Provide assistance/counseling to residents in danger of eviction or having their utilities shut off.
Assistance in emergencies, i.e. prescriptions, transportation, shelter, food, and clothing. -Provide aid to transients.
Operate a See more details
Brooklyn, NY 11234 16.41 miles from city center Elizabeth
347-529-3770 We have available beds for anyone looking for shelter also providing a variety of programs to help individuals become productive citizens in society.
Morristown, NJ 07962 16.66 miles from city center Elizabeth
973-998-0820 Interfaith Council for Homeless Families of Morris County (Interfaith Council) is a non-sectarian, not-for-profit organization dedicated to ending the crisis of homelessness faced by Morris County families by partnering with public and private agencies, religious congregations and community voluntee See more details
Morristown, NJ 07960 16.95 miles from city center Elizabeth
973-993-0900 Homeless Solutions, Inc. is a private, nonprofit organization with over 25 years of experience in meeting the needs of our community's homeless and working poor. Our mission is to offer shelter, supp See more details
Brooklyn, NY 16.99 miles from city center Elizabeth
Take Subway: C to Liberty Ave.
This is a NYC Department of Homeless Services intake shelter for women.
The intake facilities for single adults are open 24 hours, seven days a week, including holidays. Bringing ID is strongly suggested, though not required. The following forms of ID See more details
Morristown, NJ 07960 17.14 miles from city center Elizabeth
(973) 539 - 2700 Short-term, non-permanent emergency assistance, including food, and utility and rental assistance, first months rent to individuals, families, and groups unable to provide such services for themselves. Participant in NJ Shares. Referrals to service units for those outside of Morristown area. Towns s See more details
Morristown, NJ 07960 17.19 miles from city center Elizabeth
(973) 539 - 9920 A multi-service daytime drop-in-center for the homeless and poor. We provide a legal address for people to use to apply for social services, jobs, register to vote or personal reasons. We also provide free use of the telephone for both outgoing and incoming calls. Our goal is to empower people to be See more details
New Brunswick, NJ 08901 17.60 miles from city center Elizabeth
732-249-4504 Provides emergency shelter for victims of domestic violence and their children, 24 hour crisis intervention and hotline counseling, legal information and advocacy, public awareness and community education, support groups for battered women in two locations throughout the county.
Paterson, NJ 07505 17.64 miles from city center Elizabeth
(201) 684 - 5998 Affordable housing for homeless families. Must be homeless & head of household must be disabled. Residents are chosen based on their expected rate of success in this type of housing program. Medical and dental care for residents, day care services, after school programs, and recreational activities See more details
Paterson, NJ 07501 17.88 miles from city center Elizabeth
(973)278-7900 Emergency shelter, clothing, and food are provided to homeless men at a capacity of 40 beds. For men entering the shelter, a comprehensive assessment is done to determine what is needed beyond the immediate night off the street. Referrals are provided for housing, employment, mental health services See more details
Paterson, NJ 07522 18.33 miles from city center Elizabeth
(973) 279 - 2333 A residential shelter for homeless families (women and their children). Residents receive sleeping accommodations and three meals per day, as well as assistance with finding permanent housing and services. Arrangements are made for residents to receive employment opportunities, mental health treatme See more details
New Brunswick, NJ 08901 18.75 miles from city center Elizabeth
(732) 565-7974 Naomi's Way, located in New Brunswick has 16 one or two bedroom units. The program offers support to homeless mothers who are employed or engaged in job training. Stays at Naomi's Way can last up to 24 months. While in residence, the women are provided with case management and life skills training.< See more details
Hackensack, NJ 07601 19.00 miles from city center Elizabeth
201-488-5100 The 1st Stop Program provides a single point of entry for low-income families to access life changing public benefits. Available services include comprehensive needs assessment, benefit screening, information and referral, case management. advocacy, counseling and follow-up.
Bronx, NY 10452 19.55 miles from city center Elizabeth
(718) 293-2930 Cromwell Avenue Safe Haven is an 80-bed facility providing low demand transitional housing, direct care and case management services to long-term street homeless men and homeless veterans. For information, call (718) 293-2930. See more details
Somerville, NJ 08876 21.83 miles from city center Elizabeth
908-393-9545 Provides emergency shelter and rental assistance to homeless or near homeless individuals and their families who are unable to obtain assistance from government or other agencies.
SHIP provides emergency housing and associated services for those that are homeless, or in eminent danger See more details
Somerville, NJ 08876 21.87 miles from city center Elizabeth
(908)526-8800 Pays for temporary emergency shelter and food. Also available to TANF and SSI recipients who are victims of domestic violence. Also temporary assistance with rent, security deposits or utilities can be provided for certain homeless persons who are not recipients of above programs.
Ridgewood, NJ 07450 22.37 miles from city center Elizabeth
201-833-8009 Emergency Shelter for homeless working families.
The Family Promise Network is a sheltering program for homeless families with dependent children, accommodating up to 14 people at a time. Local congregations host the families overnight on a weekly rotating basis. Volunteers from hos See more details
Yonkers, NY 10702 24.83 miles from city center Elizabeth
914-963-2626 Offers a 19 bed homeless shelter for men with a wide array of support and treatment services. A limited number of beds are available on an overnight-only basis for men who do not have DSS authorization. The shelter is a drug-free facility, and has a medical and mental health clinic on site. Residenc See more details
Yonkers, NY 10701 25.35 miles from city center Elizabeth
914-968-6577 Our purpose is to provide food, shelter and clothing for homeless men in a safe and clean living environment where the Word of God can be preached and the love of Christ can be shown.
We provide not only for the physical needs of the man, but our concern is more for the spiritual needs of See more details