Egan Warming Center - Cold Weather Shelter
456 Hwy 99N
Eugene, OR - 97402
The shelter is on call between November 15 and March 31 to open up on nights when temperatures drop to 28 degrees or below. The shelters open at 7:00pm and close at 8:00am the following morning. Coalition staff and volunteers need access to the building from 5:00 pm to 9:00am to set up and clean afterward.
The Coalition Provides:
- Equipment to comfortably house guests including bedding and supplies.
- Fire extinguishers and smoke alarms if needed.
- Staff and volunteers trained in crisis response and accustomed to working with homeless individuals who will be on-site at all times the Warming Center is operating.
- Trained volunteers to help run the warming center.
- Transportation to and from the warming center for guests will be provided whenever possible.