Daybreak Shelter Portland
12350 SE Powell Blvd.
Portland, OR - 97236
At this office: Anti-Poverty Classes, Energy Assistance, Employment Programs, Family Advocacy, Administrative Offices.
The Daybreak Shelter Network is a unique collaboration between Human Solutions and 30 area faith congregations. It is one of the very few homeless family shelters that keeps families together and the only one in Mid and East County that is completely secular. Daybreak Shelter is open 7 days a week, year round, to meet the needs of homeless families in our community. Description information:
- The Daybreak Shelter provides shelter for 365 days and nights each year. Last year Human Solutions provided more than 4,500 nights of shelter and13,500 meals to homeless families.
- Daybreak houses families while providing intensive and one-on-one case management
- Daybreak ensures that most families coming into shelter move directly into permanent or transitional housing in about 45 days.
- Families of any configuration can stay including single parent, two parent, same sex parent, extended families, families headed by mothers, fathers, grandparents, etc. and the family stays together while at our shelter .
- Families have access to Human Solutions other services: employment training, helpful classes, computer lab for job and home searches, access to other educational tools, and a supportive network to help the family overcome homelessness for good.