Bea Gaddy Family Center Homeless Services
425 North Chester Street
Baltimore, MD - 21231
Patterson Park Emergency Food Center and Emergency Homeless Shelter for women.
Provides an array of social services to anyone in need.
1) FOOD PANTRY: Offers groceries to individuals and families. Register to receive food weekly by coming in Wed or Fri, 10:30AM-2PM. Must have picture ID, proof of address and proof of children (ex: a budget letter). If you do not want to register there is "free food" days on Mon and Thur, 12-2PM. Still need to bring documentation.
2) EMERGENCY SHELTER: Operates a shelter for women with children. Must have income and a picture ID. Call ahead to see if space is available. Self-referrals are accepted. There is a fee that increases dependent upon the number of people going into emergency shelter. The fee begins at $100 per month for one person and increase from there. Items are given out including soap, toothbrushes and personal items. No boys over 12 years.
3) CLOTHING: Offers a free clothing closet at 425 North Chester St. Call in advance to check availability.
4) SUBSTANCE ABUSE: Provides informal counseling for drug/alcohol addiction and refers individuals to substance abuse programs.
5) INFORMATION AND REFERRAL: Provides free information and referral to services that assist low-income, unemployed and homeless persons.
6) JOB READINESS: Offers informal counseling to increase self-esteem and provides information to help individuals begin their job search.
7) HOLIDAY ASSISTANCE 2010:
THANKSGIVING: Meal will be served Thanksgiving day at Patterson Park Recreation Center, 11AM-3PM at 2601 East Baltimore Street. Call in advance to order dinner for people who are not able to leave their home. Sign up for pre- ordering beginning 10/17/2010.
CHRISTMAS : CLOSED Call to register children, from 5-12 years of age, for the Christmas Party on Dec. 18th from 2-4PM. Limited to 200 spaces only. Toys will be given. Sign up begin 12/6/10.
Most services are free. Call ahead for details.
Monday - Friday 9am - 5pm.