The Ark, located in downtown Idaho Falls at 255 E Street was established in April 2005. The Ark is a men’s shelter of the Idaho Falls Rescue Mission which provides both permanent as well as transitional temporary housing services to adult males 18 years of age and older. The Ark provides a safe and sober environment for men who need to get re-established in the community. The Ark provides low cost housing in order for these men to have more time to save money, pay off debts and develop the skills needed for independent living. The Ark is a 33 room facility with 50 beds.
The Ark provides 12 rooms/beds specifically for those determined to be chronically homeless. To qualify for permanent housing services males must meet the following eligibility requirements:
1. Show proof of either a physical, mental or addiction disability.
2. Homeless for 12 months consecutively from the time of eligibility determination or has experienced at least 4 episodes of being homelessness within the last 3 years.
The Ark provides 21 rooms and 38 beds specifically for those needing transitional housing services. To qualify for temporary housing services males must demonstrate a need to live at the Ark in order to get re-established in the community. For current room rates please call (208) 528-8015.
The Ark Services
Residents must be willing to comply with the following services as a condition to live at the Ark:
1. Nightly curfew checks.
2. Random drug and alcohol tests.
3. Residents will be assigned a case worker to assist the resident in receiving the needed services to enhance residential stability, increase job search skills/income and develop the skills needed for independent living.
4. Residents must demonstrate the ability to comply with Ark policies in order to live at the Ark.