City of Milford - Senior Center
The Ahrens Program provides recreation, nutrition and educational activities for older adults with cognitive impairments. This program also enables caregivers to have several hours of respite while the participant is being supervised by staff members and volunteers.
Please contact Rita Whiskeyman, Ahrens Program Coordinator at 203-877-5131 or Christine Lyas, Social Services Worker at 203-877-5131
INSURANCE ASSISTANCE PROGRAM
Assistance with Medicare, Title 19, and other insurances, contact John Cornelius, or Laura Daneault at 203-877-5131 for an appointment.
MEALS ON WHEELS PROGRAM
Homebound seniors and disabled individuals can receive home delivered meals on a temporary basis. A donation is requested. For more information, please contact Marie W. Vaughn, Meals on Wheels Coordinator at
The Senior Center’s Mini-Lunch Program serves hot meals for $ 3.00 , sandwich dinner for $1.75, sandwich $1.25 & soup $.50 at 12:15 p.m. in our dining room.
Tickets can be purchased in the office from 9:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
The Lifebridge Community Café serves meals at 11:15 a.m. in our dining room. A $3.00 donation is requested. Contact the Site manager to order a meal a day ahead at 203-877-5131
The Milford Senior Center has three notaries. To schedule an appointment call 203-877-5131
Please call the Human Services Department at 203-783-3253
MILFORD FOOD BANK
The Milford Food Bank is located at the Milford Senior Center, 9 Jepson Drive. The Food Bank accepts donations and distributes food to individuals of all ages in Milford. For additional information, call Sharon Brown, Food Bank Manager at 203-877-5131.
Transporting members to the Senior Center and to medical appointments in Milford, contact Jim Convery, Transportation Supervisor at 203-877-5131,Ext. 2125
AARP INCOME TAX ASSISTANCE
Free Income tax assistance is offered during February, March and April for low and middle income individuals with special attention to those 60 and older. Contact the Center at 203-877-5131 in January to schedule an appointment.
Our Shop is open from 9:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. Monday - Friday. Anyone is welcome to shop, donate or consign items. We have clothes, shoes, purses, jewelry trinkets, and decorative household items.
1. We do a 50/50 split with the consignor.
2. We ask that you only bring in up to ten items at a time between 9:30 am - 12:30 pm M-F. Depending on how busy we are we may not be able to consign your items on the spot. No dish sets or drinking glasses please.
3. Please see that items are clean,gently used and have no odor of nicotine, perfume, moth balls or mustiness.
4. Prices are set for clothes and jewelry. Higher quality items can be discussed.
5. Items are kept for a month. At the end of the month, items that did not sell will be donated to the shop if not picked up by the end of the month.
6. Checks are mailed at the beginning of the month for the previous month's sale.