Discovery Home Care Inc - Charlotte, NC
816 Peaceful Glen Rd
Charlotte, NC 28273
: 980 201-9145
: Follow us on Facebook
Your opinion matters. Leave your review of Discovery Home Care Inc.
Description: Discovery Home Care INC, a Youth Emergency Care Shelter located in Mecklenburg County, N.C, Gaston County, NC a non-profit organization, licensed by North Carolina Department of Health and Human Service, Division of Social Service, to provide emergency shelter care and Respite Care among other services to children ages 6 to 17 years. Discovery Home Care is a 15 days temporary shelter for youth. We serve children who have been victims of sexual or physical abuse, emotional or physical neglect, abandonment, homeless and runaways. These children may be referred to Discovery Home Care by Social Services or by a law enforcement agency. Or other agencies
Discovery Home Care INC emergency shelter is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. The shelter has 5 beds to accommodate 5 male or female children. We provide respite care. Discovery Home Care is dedicated to serving. We serve youth in Gaston, Lincoln, Cleveland, Iredell, Stanley, Cabarrus and Mecklenburg Counties, NC
Goal of Service:
The goal of Emergency Shelter care is to provide a safe, temporary, confidential place for youth to stay. While helping the child avoid the dangers of living on the streets. We would love to have you Volunteer with our youth shelter Office 980 201-9145 Sandra Williams
Volunteers Requests by Discovery Home Care Inc:
- Be over 18 years old.
- Possess high school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Be in good physical health.
- Submit a criminal history background check and receive a favorable report.
- Submit $35.00 for a state mandated drug test and receive a negative report. Test must be administered at Labcorp. Forms are distributed at time of payment.
- Submit volunteer application and questionnaire.
- Submit signed Confidentiality Policy, Abuse/Neglect Responsibility Statement, Criminal History Affidavit and Random Drug-testing consent form.
- Submit a copy of a negative TB skin test done within last 12 months.
- Submit three letters of recommendation from non-family (forms provided).
- Attend Volunteer Orientation and Training.
Donation Requests by Discovery Home Care Inc:
- Socks & Underwear (male & female all sizes)
- Bras (all sizes)
- Clothing: Jeans, Coats, Sweatshirts, T-shirts (all sizes, especially men 32-38)
- Slippers, Flip Flops, Shoes
- Back Packs/ School Supplies
- Towels, washcloths
- Gift Certificates (given as gifts)
- Alarm Clocks, watches
- Personal supplies â€“ lotion, toothbrush, toothpaste, razors, lip balm, hair products, shampoo, conditioner, deodorant, tampons, combs/brushes
- First Aid supplies
- Postage Stamps
If you have pictures of the shelter, I will upload them on this page. Please email me with the name of your shelter and the pictures to: HomelessSupport@gmail.com
Many of these shelters now have waiting lists. Please call before going to them. Many waiting lists are very long. Shelters and service also go out of business. Always call ahead to confirm that this location is still active. If you find that this location is no longer operating, please send us a comment using the form below.
Do you have items to donate? Contact Discovery Home Care Inc at the phone number provided above to see if they can use any items you may have to donate.