New Directions Oasis for Veteran Women - Los Angeles, CA
11303 Wilshire Blvd., VA Bldg 116
Los Angeles, CA 90073
: Follow us on Facebook
Your opinion matters. Leave your review of New Directions Oasis for Veteran Women.
Description: New Directions for Veterans is a nonprofit organization that has helped our nation's heroes successfully address the challenges of life after military service since 1992. Located in two homes in Mar Vista, New Directions Oasis for Veteran Women specializes in serving displaced female veterans and dependents of veterans and offers the following services:
Transitional Housing and Case Management
- Programs for both men and women who have served
- Clean, safe, RENT FREE rooms
- Meals are provided Substance Abuse Support and Other Support Groups
- Holistically prepares veterans to transition from homelessness to housing
- 12-Step and Relapse Prevention, Anger Management, Wellness, Independent Living Skills, Seeking Safety
Mental Health Services
- Individual and group therapies
- Treatment for PTSD, including EMDR
- Other psychotherapies Workforce Development
- Employment preparation workshops
- Resume preparation and mock interviews
- Short-term training opportunities
- Job coaching and placement assistance
Free Legal Advice
- Coordination with Veterans Courts
- General legal issues with tickets and warrants
- Family law, including divorce and child support
- Benefits and service upgrade assistance
Affordable Housing Services
- Supportive Services for Veteran Families (SSVF)
- At risk for homelessness/eviction prevention
- Move-in deposit assistance
- Referrals to Permanent Supportive Housing
Donation Requests by New Directions Oasis for Veteran Women: We gratefully accept donations of new or gently used furniture or household goods.
The below image is a Google Image based on a geocode of the 'area' and is NOT necessarily a picture of the location. Click and move the image to see more of the surrounding area.
If you have pictures of the shelter, I will upload them on this page. Please email me with the name of your shelter and the pictures to: HomelessSupport@gmail.com
Many of these shelters now have waiting lists. Please call before going to them. Many waiting lists are very long. Shelters and service also go out of business. Always call ahead to confirm that this location is still active. If you find that this location is no longer operating, please send us a comment using the form below.
Do you have items to donate? Contact New Directions Oasis for Veteran Women at the phone number provided above to see if they can use any items you may have to donate.