Bea Gaddy Family Center Homeless Services - Baltimore, MD
425 North Chester Street
Baltimore, MD 21231
: Phone: (410) 563-2749
: Follow us on Facebook
Your opinion matters. Leave your review of Bea Gaddy Family Center Homeless Services.
Description: Patterson Park Emergency Food Center and Emergency Homeless Shelter for women.
Provides an array of social services to anyone in need.
1) FOOD PANTRY: Offers groceries to individuals and families. Register to receive food weekly by coming in Wed or Fri, 10:30AM-2PM. Must have picture ID, proof of address and proof of children (ex: a budget letter). If you do not want to register there is "free food" days on Mon and Thur, 12-2PM. Still need to bring documentation.
2) EMERGENCY SHELTER: Operates a shelter for women with children. Must have income and a picture ID. Call ahead to see if space is available. Self-referrals are accepted. There is a fee that increases dependent upon the number of people going into emergency shelter. The fee begins at $100 per month for one person and increase from there. Items are given out including soap, toothbrushes and personal items. No boys over 12 years.
3) CLOTHING: Offers a free clothing closet at 425 North Chester St. Call in advance to check availability.
4) SUBSTANCE ABUSE: Provides informal counseling for drug/alcohol addiction and refers individuals to substance abuse programs.
5) INFORMATION AND REFERRAL: Provides free information and referral to services that assist low-income, unemployed and homeless persons.
6) JOB READINESS: Offers informal counseling to increase self-esteem and provides information to help individuals begin their job search.
7) HOLIDAY ASSISTANCE 2010:
THANKSGIVING: Meal will be served Thanksgiving day at Patterson Park Recreation Center, 11AM-3PM at 2601 East Baltimore Street. Call in advance to order dinner for people who are not able to leave their home. Sign up for pre- ordering beginning 10/17/2010.
CHRISTMAS : CLOSED Call to register children, from 5-12 years of age, for the Christmas Party on Dec. 18th from 2-4PM. Limited to 200 spaces only. Toys will be given. Sign up begin 12/6/10.
Most services are free. Call ahead for details.
Monday - Friday 9am - 5pm.
Donation Requests by Bea Gaddy Family Center Homeless Services: Clothing, food, shoes, toiletries, coats, and gloves are welcome. For Thanksgiving, the center is in need of turkeys and chickens. Food, clothing and toiletry items are needed year round.
User Questions & Answers
If you have pictures of the shelter, I will upload them on this page. Please email me with the name of your shelter and the pictures to: HomelessSupport@gmail.com
Many of these shelters now have waiting lists. Please call before going to them. Many waiting lists are very long. Shelters and service also go out of business. Always call ahead to confirm that this location is still active. If you find that this location is no longer operating, please send us a comment using the form below.
Do you have items to donate? Contact Bea Gaddy Family Center Homeless Services at the phone number provided above to see if they can use any items you may have to donate.