Torrington Homeless Shelters & Services For The Needy
Welcome to our Torrington, Connecticut Homeless Shelters and Services for the needy page. Below are all of the homeless shelters and services for the needy that provide help to those in need for Torrington, CT and surrounding cities.
We also provide other homeless resources such as transitional resources for the homeless. Homeless clinic and treatment center resources are also provided on the right navigational bar.
Many shelters also provide services such as alcohol and drug rehab treatment along with clinics. I try to provide as much information as possible on my details pages.
Torrington, CT 06790 1.66 miles from city center torrington
(860) 482-7300 Emergency shelter accepts single adults and families with children. Intake hours: M-Sun: 9am-11pm. No one admitted after 11pm without police escort. The shelter can only accommodate one family at a time with up to four children. Length of stay can be up to 90 days; however, veterans can stay for up See more details
Bristol, CT 06010 13.13 miles from city center torrington
(860) 589-0702 Shelter for men and women. There is also a dorm set aside for women with children. No walk-ins. You must call and be put on the waiting list before entrance will be granted. This is a sober shelter. You must be out of the shelter by 7:30 am Monday through Saturday and 8:30 am on Sunday. You have to See more details
Waterbury, CT 06710 18.06 miles from city center torrington
2037689744 Home of Hope is a faith-based, nonprofit organization whose purpose is to identify and meet the social-environmental needs of our community. Home of Hope offers Counseling Services to individuals in the Greater Waterbury area. Home of Hope also has a separate Transitional Housing Program for familie See more details
Waterbury, CT 06702 18.33 miles from city center torrington
203-575-0388 Safe Haven is NOT a homeless shelter. We provide EMERGENCY shelter for women and their children who are victims of domestic violence. See more details
Waterbury, CT 06706 19.00 miles from city center torrington
(203) 573-9018 Our Homeless Shelter is the largest in CT and provides men, women and families with a secure sleeping environment seven nights a week. The facility is open to families on a 24 hour basis. Guests staying at the Shelter receive a shower, breakfast and dinner, clothing vouchers to the St Vincent DePaul See more details
New Britain, CT 06051 20.35 miles from city center torrington
((860) 225-0211 Emergency housing for single adults, women with children ages 1+, couples with children ages 1+, and couples without children; intake hours: M-F: 9am-4pm. Clients may stay up to 30 days with possible extensions.
Eligibility: Single adults; Pregnant women in early trimester; Women with childre See more details
New Britain, CT 06051 22.07 miles from city center torrington
Emergency Housing Program for Cash Recipients
Description:(CASH RECIPIENTS ONLY!) Social Work Services units at regional DSS offices can provide placement in temporary housing for eligible TFA, SAGA Cash, or State Supplement recipients. Clients can stay in temporary housing for up to 60 days; See more details
New Milford, CT 06776 22.33 miles from city center torrington
(860) 354-5583 Winter emergency shelter program operated by a collaborative of local churches runs from late fall to spring. People seeking shelter should call for the shelter location of the week. Shelter location will change as each participating church takes a turn hosting the shelter. Shelter is open to sober See more details
Meriden, CT 06450 25.42 miles from city center torrington
(203) 634-1734 Shelter NOW in Meriden offers multiple forms of emergency shelter on site. Managed by New Opportunities, this location provides refuge for three categories of homeless people: single men, single women and families.Services are directed toward those who do not have safe shelter – they are liter See more details
Westfield, MA 01805 28.40 miles from city center torrington
413-568-3122 Capacity: 32 men, 5 women.
Length of Stay: 90 days.
Services: Spanish; advocacy; counseling; 2 meals & snack; nurse; some clothing; referral to other social service agencies and resources.
Referral: Self (intake process o See more details
Wallingford, CT 06492 29.11 miles from city center torrington
(203) 294-0102 Emergency shelter accepts single adults during periods of emergency, dislocation, crisis or hardship from November 1-April 15; intake hours: must arrive between 7-8pm daily; call first after 8pm.
Must be a Resident of Wallingford; Income restriction; Single adults only
Capacity: 15 adu See more details