Welcome to our Pomona, New York Homeless Shelters and Services for the needy page. Below are all of the homeless shelters and services for the needy that provide help to those in need for Pomona, NY and surrounding cities.
We also provide other homeless resources such as transitional resources for the homeless. Homeless clinic and treatment center resources are also provided on the right navigational bar.
Many shelters also provide services such as alcohol and drug rehab treatment along with clinics. I try to provide as much information as possible on my details pages.
Pomona, NY 10970 0.60 miles from city center pomona
845-364-3100 Prevention of homelessness by providing help to secure temporary and permanent housing including immediate shelter in emergency situations.
After Hours call the Rockland County Sheriff's Office at (845) 638-5400. See more details
Peekskill, NY 10566 10.31 miles from city center pomona
914-736-2636 CHHOP is open 365 days a year 24 hours a day.The mission of Caring for the Homeless of Peekskill Inc. (CHOP) is to alleviate hunger and homelessness in our community by providing temporary housing for homeless adults, and by referring clients to appropriate agencies in order to help them See more details
Ridgewood, NJ 07450 13.60 miles from city center pomona
201-833-8009 Emergency Shelter for homeless working families.
The Family Promise Network is a sheltering program for homeless families with dependent children, accommodating up to 14 people at a time. Local congregations host the families overnight on a weekly rotating basis. Volunteers from hos See more details
White Plains, NY 10601 16.61 miles from city center pomona
(914) 949-3098 Lifting Up Westchester restores hope to Westchester County’s men, women
and children in need by providing them with food, shelter and
support and lifting them to greater self-sufficiency with dignity and
respect. For almost four decades, Lifting Up Westch See more details
Hewitt, NJ 07421 17.03 miles from city center pomona
973-728-0902 Provides emergency and transitional shelter programs for homeless and/or battered women and children. Transportation (including Freedom Drive to transport TANF recipients to work) and a range of case management services are available, including child care, welfare to work program, positive parenting See more details
White Plains, NY 10601 17.10 miles from city center pomona
(914) 948-3075 Samaritan House provides temporary shelter and rehabilitative services to homeless women suffering from substance abuse, mental illness, domestic violence, HIV/AIDS and those just out of prison on parole. 19-bed shelter provides comprehensive services as well as individualized treat See more details
White Plains, NY 10601 17.26 miles from city center pomona
914-948-5044 Open Arms provides a full range of shelter and rehabilitative services for up to 38 single, homeless men 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. The shelter also operates an Emergency Center where individuals who would otherwise have to spend their nights on the streets can receive emergency overnight shelt See more details
White Plains, NY 10601 17.32 miles from city center pomona
914-995-2000 Hours: Mon-Fri 8:30 am-5:00 pmProvides the referrals for temporary shelter to homeless families, singles, and childless couples in the county. The office has a contractual relationship with not-for-profit agencies for the provision of case management services, shelt See more details
Yonkers, NY 10701 17.79 miles from city center pomona
914-963-2626 Temporary Homeless Shelter for men due to the closing of the Sharing Community Men's Drop In Center. Up to 50 men can be provided food and shelter at a time at this shelter location. If they reach capacity, people in need will be provided transportation to anot See more details
Paterson, NJ 07522 18.00 miles from city center pomona
(973) 279-2333 A residential shelter for homeless families (women and their children). Residents receive sleeping accommodations and three meals per day, as well as assistance with finding permanent housing and services. Arrangements are made for residents to receive employment opportunities, mental health treatme See more details
Paterson, NJ 07501 18.21 miles from city center pomona
(973)278-7900 Emergency shelter, clothing, and food are provided to homeless men at a capacity of 40 beds. For men entering the shelter, a comprehensive assessment is done to determine what is needed beyond the immediate night off the street. Referrals are provided for housing, employment, mental health services See more details
Paterson, NJ 07505 18.62 miles from city center pomona
(201) 684 - 5998 Affordable housing for homeless families. Must be homeless & head of household must be disabled. Residents are chosen based on their expected rate of success in this type of housing program. Medical and dental care for residents, day care services, after school programs, and recreational activities See more details
Paterson, NJ 07501 18.87 miles from city center pomona
973-523-6220 Has a men's shelter 40 beds, women's shelter 36 beds and shelter for women with children 18 mothers and up to 42 children.
Eva's Village is a uniquely progressive and comprehensive non-profit social service organization dedicated to fighting homelessness and poverty. Our mission is to See more details
Hackensack, NJ 07601 19.10 miles from city center pomona
201-968-0200 The 1st Stop Program provides a single point of entry for low-income families to access life changing public benefits. Available services include comprehensive needs assessment, benefit screening, information and referral, case management. advocacy, counseling and follow-up.
Services See more details
Hackensack, NJ 07601 20.17 miles from city center pomona
201-336-6475 Services Provided:
Links to Community Services
The center is designed to serve individual men and women who are homeless, individuals and families who are precariously housed, and others who require lin See more details
Clifton, NJ 07011 20.85 miles from city center pomona
(973) 262-5616 Transitional housing. Aimed at homeless families with children transitioning into independent living. Hope through Care, Inc. is an independent, non-profit organization that serves families with children in Passaic County community of Northern New Jersey.The objectives are:
See more details
Bronix, NY 10467 21.26 miles from city center pomona
(718) 684-8886 NYC Department of Homeless Services shelter which provides 200 beds for men. Social Services Provided at shelter:assistance with benefits and gathering vital documentshousing case management See more details
Passaic, NJ 07055 21.56 miles from city center pomona
973-472-2478 Homelessness prevention activities include rental assistance to those who are eligible (funding permitting), vouchers for emergency hotel or rooming house shelter, and the Specialized Shelter Program. There are twenty-eight units for single people and some social services are provided to residents. See more details
New Rochelle, NY 10801 22.21 miles from city center pomona
(914) 235-2607 A 32 bed shelter which offers temporary shelter, clean bedding, and three meals per day for men and women who are faced with homelessness. The shelter is also handicapped accessible. Men and women allowed.
Oasis will continue to operate in its normal capacity as an emergency overnigh See more details
Bronx, NY 10453 22.94 miles from city center pomona
718-943-1341 The 200-bed facility also houses mentally ill and medically frail women. Since opening, we have helped over 1,000 women at that facility in permanent housing. The 200-bed transitional women’s shelter is co-located with a CFH health and dental center. See more details
Newburgh, NY 12550 23.08 miles from city center pomona
(845) 562-8255 Offers help in finding temporary shelter. If there is no shelter available, they will provide motel vouchers. Also assists recently homeless/low-income people in need of basic furniture and household items.
Hours: Mon - Fri 9:00 am-5:00 pm See more details
Bronx, NY 10452 23.46 miles from city center pomona
(718) 293-2930 Cromwell Avenue Safe Haven is an 80-bed facility providing low demand transitional housing, direct care and case management services to long-term street homeless men and homeless veterans. For information, call (718) 293-2930. See more details
Bronx, NY 10460 24.37 miles from city center pomona
718-842-9797 To get to this shelter take Subway 2 to 149th St., then #55 bus to 166th St. and 3rd Ave.
This is a NYC Department of Homeless Services intake shelter for women only. Open 24 hours a day.
HS operates the most comprehensive shelter services system for single adults in the w See more details
Bronx, NY 10451 24.61 miles from city center pomona
(718) 503-6400 All families with children must apply for shelter at DHS' Prevention Assistance and Temporary Housing (PATH) intake center. PATH, located in the Bronx, is a state-of-the-art and eco-friendly facility that has been specifically sized, staffed, and laid out to meet the demand for homeless service See more details
Bronx, NY 10474 25.48 miles from city center pomona
(718) 893-3606 The only 24 hour drop in center for homeless in the Bronx.Our Safe Havens are temporary shelters for homeless adults. The Barretto Street Safe Haven (in the same building as the Living Room) has 50 beds for homeless adults The Pyramid See more details
Montclair, NJ 07042 25.76 miles from city center pomona
973-744-8666 Emergency shelter for adults and families living in the suburban area of Essex County.
Eligibility: Adults and Families.The Salvation Army operates an emergency shelter in Montclair with a 23 bed capacity. The program offers additional supportive services to facilitate independence and See more details
Montclair, NJ 07042 26.07 miles from city center pomona
973-746-2401 Juniper House is the Licensed Shelter operated under the REAL House umbrella of treatment services. Our goal is to provide a setting where residents learn to empower themselves through making positive choices for their future. We encourage women to slow down and take some time in getting to know wh See more details
Montclair, NJ 07042 26.07 miles from city center pomona
973-746-2400 Real House was established 10 years ago. It is a shelter for women in the process of recovery from substance and domestic abuse. Here we strive to empower women through quality support services. We provide a clean and safe home base environment for our women, where they can do the necessary inner-wo See more details
Bloomfield, NJ 07003 26.54 miles from city center pomona
(973) 759 - 2154 Victims of domestic violence.
Emergency shelter, medical attention, case management, legal advocacy, court accompaniment, 24-hour hotline & shelter admission, food, clothing, comprehensive children's program, support group & individual counseling, housing advocacy, information & refer See more details
New York, NY 10024 26.55 miles from city center pomona
(212)873-0140 Respite for New York City's Women in TransitionIntake You are welcome to stay as a guest at Lalitamba Saranam.To register as a guest, you will need a valid picture ID and social security card/number.We ask that you be drug and alcohol free d See more details
New York, NY 10024 26.58 miles from city center pomona
(212) 873-0140 Lalitamba Saranam (fondly known as Frederick's Place after our cat mascot) is a home for women in transition ages 18-25, including survivors of domestic violence and runaway youth located in the heart of New York City.In caring for guests, we offer wellness programs that tend to body, mind, an See more details
New York, NY 10024 26.58 miles from city center pomona
212.873.0140 Lalitamba Saranam (fondly known as Fredericks Place after our cat mascot) is a holistic shelter for women, including female youth and victims of domestic violence, in the heart of New York City. We offer support with benefits and housing applications, as well as a comprehensive life skills program t See more details
Union City, NJ 07087 26.87 miles from city center pomona
(201) 867 - 4093 Emergency Services, food, clothing, shelter, guidance, Adult rehabilitation services alcohol, social and correctional counseling. Furniture pick-up. See more details
Union City, NJ 07087 27.32 miles from city center pomona
(201) 348-8150 Palisades Emergency Residence Corp
Palisades Emergency Residence Corporation (PERC) exists to defeat the cycle of poverty, understanding that food and shelter are fundamental human rights. PERC believes that with help there is hope. We believe that every person deserves dignity, respe See more details
New York, NY 10075 27.63 miles from city center pomona
917-677-0833 Supportive HousingSupportive housing pairs affordable housing with comprehensive on-site supportive services. It is an evidence-based approach that has been shown to be effective in improving housing stability, especially for chronically homeless individuals, as well as employment status See more details
Middletown, NY 10940 28.56 miles from city center pomona
845-343-7115 Shelters and Permanent HousingWe are here 24 hours day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year to help.Our Adult and Family Shelters provide emergency housing for single men, single women and families. Our guests are provided thr See more details
East Orange, NJ 07017 28.68 miles from city center pomona
8624002558 Intake hours: 7a-4p
The Rain foundation is a safe haven for homeless LGBTQ+IA youth between the age of 18-26 that are at risk or experiencing homelessness. RAIN is open 24/7. See more details
Queens, NY 11369 28.83 miles from city center pomona
Temporary family homeless shelter. Provides for 169 families.The Landing provides comprehensive social services designed to prepare and return families to independent living in permanent housing as quickly as possible. Each family has an individualized service plan that outlines their un See more details