Waldorf Homeless Shelters & Services For The Needy
Welcome to our Waldorf, Maryland Homeless Shelters and Services for the needy page. Below are all of the homeless shelters and services for the needy that provide help to those in need for Waldorf, MD and surrounding cities.
We also provide other homeless resources such as transitional resources for the homeless. Homeless clinic and treatment center resources are also provided on the right navigational bar.
Many shelters also provide services such as alcohol and drug rehab treatment along with clinics. I try to provide as much information as possible on my details pages.
Waldorf, MD 20603 301.751.4870 We are an outreach ministry, servicing the needy in the DC, MD and Va regions. We prepare hot meals for the homeless twice a week and distribute groceries, to families in need through the months. Please call 301.751.4870 for days/hours of distribution. See more details
LaPlata, MD 20646 8.96 miles from city center Waldorf
301-392-6400 Emergency shelter placement. Food Counseling, case management. Assistance with benefits applications. 301-934-2222 (after-hours) See more details
La Plata, MD 20646 8.96 miles from city center Waldorf
(301) 392-6724 Assists the family with crises, including food and shelter emergencies, and provides counseling services to assist the family to overcome problems of parenting, parent-child conflict and family dysfunction.
Eligibility: Families with children and vulnerable adults.
Hours: Mon-Fri, See more details
Hughesville, MD 20637 9.98 miles from city center Waldorf
301-870-5308 Domestic violence shelter. Emergency & transitional shelter. Meals Counseling. Also serves battered women and their children. 301-274-0680 See more details
Tucson, WA 98405 10.68 miles from city center Waldorf
(253) 572-6582 Provides clean and sober transitional housing for single adults experiencing homelessness on an interview and invitation basis. Open house ever Tuesday night with liturgy. Also offers weekday services for the homeless.
Alexandria, VA 22314 14.27 miles from city center Waldorf
(703)548-7500 Carpenter's Shelter is the largest homeless shelter in Northern Virginia, serving over 300 homeless men, women and children each year. Our 80 bed facility is located just north of Old Town Alexandria, VA.
Carpenter's Shelter is more than just a roof; we continuously work with our resi See more details
Washington, DC 20032 15.01 miles from city center Waldorf
(202) 561-4014 Hours: 7 pm to 7 am, daily
Emergency Shelter Catholic Charities 801 East Menís Shelter is a low-barrier shelter program open to anyone who identifies as male 18 years and older. The program offers a hot dinner, access to case management staff, See more details
Washington, DC 20002 16.02 miles from city center Waldorf
202-678-2341 Calvary Women's Services provides women who are homeless in DC "a safe caring place for tonight; support, hope and change for tomorrow.
Calvary's mission is two-fold: To provide homeless women with a place to live and basic services and to help educate and empower women for independent See more details
Capitol Heights, MD 20743 16.24 miles from city center Waldorf
301-808-5317 Emergency shelter. Transitional housing. Meals, housing, counseling, substance abuse counseling. Mental health counseling. Employment & training services See more details
Washington, DC 20019 16.75 miles from city center Waldorf
(202) 724-3932 Provides temporary emergency shelter and social services for homeless families. Referrals accepted from Virginia Williams Family Resource Center only.
See our other listing in Washington DC for the Williams Family Resource Center in order to gain admittance to this location.
Eligibilit See more details
Seat Pleasant, MD 20743 16.95 miles from city center Waldorf
301-499-2319 Emergency winter shelter. Transitional housing. End of November to end of March. Shelter Hotline: 1-888-731-0999 See more details
Arlington, VA 22204 17.86 miles from city center Waldorf
703-228-0022 Located in Arlington, Virginia, Volunteers of America Chesapeake's Residential Program Center provides three crucial services - non-medical detoxification, substance abuse recovery and homeless services for single adults - all under one roof.
Washington, DC 20001 18.31 miles from city center Waldorf
(202) 393-1909 The 1,350-Bed Federal City Shelter is the largest and most comprehensive facility of its kind in America.
We also provide clothing to our residents. Donors, including stores, contribute thousands of pounds of clothing and shoes to CCNV's residents each year. Surplus clothing is sold in The Tr See more details
Washington, DC 20001 18.31 miles from city center Waldorf
(202) 508-0500 Located at 2nd & D, NW, spanning the entire block, and with the capacity to house well over a thousand people, Federal City Shelter FCS is the largest shelter in the country. JHP maintains a ‚Äúbusiness center‚ÄĚ in the lobby that gives shelter residents access to free computers, internet, phones See more details
Capitol Heights, MD 20743 18.33 miles from city center Waldorf
301-386-4444 CCSI Hotline - 1-888-731-0999
Capacity: 20 beds for women, 80 beds for families.
Population: Residents of Prince George's County; women and children only.
Services: Case management services with linkages to all appropriate resources & services; educational training, GED, computers, See more details
Capitol Heights, MD 20743 18.33 miles from city center Waldorf
(301) 322-5700 Emergency Shelter for Women and Children. Our 100Ėbed emergency facility is operated and monitored 24 hours a day, 365 days a year by caring professionals. Our case management staff uses the Continuum of Care Model, which helps to effectively coordinate and link clients to resources. Our primary g See more details
Washington, DC 20002 18.36 miles from city center Waldorf
202-705-6114 This is Transitional Housing, not a homeless shelter.
Hyacinth's Place is 15 individual affordable transitional housing units for previously homeless women with a mental health diagnosis. We provide our women with apartments of one bedroom and a small bathroom while we work to put them See more details
Washington, DC 20001 18.40 miles from city center Waldorf
(202) 727-2832 Provides residential housing and supportive services to 85 homeless men. Services include food, substance abuse counseling, case management, employment and housing placement assistance. Washers and dryers are available on the site. Dormitory style-sleeping with 20 men per dorm. Projected length of s See more details
Prince Frederick, MD 20678 18.45 miles from city center Waldorf
410-535-0309 Emergency shelter placements. Food pantry, Financial assistance for utilities, mortgage, eviction, medical(prescriptions) as funds permit. See more details
Prince Frederick, MD 20678 18.63 miles from city center Waldorf
(443) 550-6900 Assists families with crises, including crises with food and shelter. Also provides counseling services to enhance parents ability to create a safe, stable and nurturing home environment that promotes healthy child development and family functioning.
Washington, DC 20002 19.05 miles from city center Waldorf
Provides emergency overnight shelter (126 beds) for men over age 18 on a first-come first served basis. Men who stay in the shelter have a reserved bed for the following night if they return to the shelter by 9:00 pm. Services provided include a sandwich, snack, access to showers and case management See more details
Washington, DC 20001 19.27 miles from city center Waldorf
(202) 682-1005 Provides a safe daytime shelter for homeless and formerly homeless women. Offers meals (breakfast and lunch), daily NA meetings, education/training programs, support groups, case management, mental health referrals and access to showers and a laundry. Women in need of overnight shelter are referred See more details
Washington, DC 20010 19.32 miles from city center Waldorf
2025031523 Thrive DC is a homeless service organization providing an onsite breakfast (for anyone) and dinner (women and children only) and a lunch to go, as well as offering job training, employment preparedness services, access to showers, laundry, a computer lab, mail and phones. We distribute hygiene suppl See more details
Washington, DC 20005 19.42 miles from city center Waldorf
(202) 939-2060 Bethany Women's Center and Case Management
Bethany Women's Center is a drop in program that offers women safe respite from the streets, support for basic needs, and access to resources and opportunities to help them move out of homelessness.
Arlington, VA 22201 19.55 miles from city center Waldorf
(703)525-7177 Bridges to Independence (b2i) is Northern Virginia‚Äôs leading provider of services for homeless women/families and those at risk. We offer a continuum of aid and support for all family members, helping them attain stability and move forward into self-sufficiency. Prevention is our other priority ‚Ä See more details
Arlington, VA 22206 19.55 miles from city center Waldorf
(703)820-4357 A-SPAN provides life-sustaining services for Arlington's street homeless. Our mission is to secure permanent housing for one of Arlington's most vulnerable populations through outreach and relationships built on trust and respect.
Washington, DC 20018 19.76 miles from city center Waldorf
1-800-535-7252 Serves as the intake center for the majority of emergency shelters and housing for homeless families in the District of Columbia. Families seeking emergency assistance and housing are screened to determine if they are eligible for temporary emergency housing. Other services provided at the site inc See more details
Washington, DC 20007 19.87 miles from city center Waldorf
(202) 338-8301 Provides homeless people and people at risk of becoming homeless information, referrals, casework, advocacy, winter shelter and street outreach services. Services are mainly focused on Georgetown/Foggy Bottom area and are designed not only to get people off the street but to keep them off.
Washington, DC 20001 20.53 miles from city center Waldorf
202.355.5155 Our Drop Inn-Community Center is the only Bilingual Multicultural LGBT safe space in Washington, DC open 6 days a week, Monday-Saturday from 12-8pm.Our goal is to support the most vulnerable in our LGBT community when need it most. Staff and volunteers working together to provide basic human service See more details
Brentwood, MD 20722 20.66 miles from city center Waldorf
301-731-1203 Provides domestic violence resources.
1) SHORT-TERM SHELTER: Provides 24-hour shelter for women and their children who are victims of domestic violence. May stay 30 to 90 days.
2) BATTERERS INTERVENTION: Counseling & anger management teaching individuals and f See more details
Washington, DC 20009 20.68 miles from city center Waldorf
(202) 756-2600 The Grate Patrol offers food, clothing, blankets, and outreach services to homeless men and women. A mobile canteen, staffed by volunteers, travels to primary locations where homeless people gather in the District. The van currently stops at 17th and Constitution, NW; 6th and Constitution, NW; and 2 See more details
Washington, DC 20009 20.71 miles from city center Waldorf
(202) 328-1100 Provides a 24-hour medical care facility and temporary residence for those who are both ill and homeless. Also offers comprehensive nutritional, pastoral, and social services. Staff make special arrangements for hospitalization, visits to medical specialists, and follow-up care as needed.
Washington, DC 20011 20.92 miles from city center Waldorf
Provides residential housing and supportive services to 12 homeless men. Services include food, substance abuse counseling, case management, employment and housing placement assistance. Washers and dryers are available on the site. Dormitory style sleeping for 2-3 men per room. Projected length of s See more details
Washington, DC 20010 21.27 miles from city center Waldorf
202-882-1237 This is a residential housing transitional housing service for 40 homeless men.
Provided at this location: ood, substance abuse counseling, case management, employment and housing placement assistance. Washers and dryers are available on the site. Dormitory style sleeping for 40 men. See more details
Woodbridge, VA 22192 21.47 miles from city center Waldorf
703-897-0199 Hours of Operation Monday: 1:00 pm to 6:00 pm Tuesday: 1:00 pm - 6:00 pm Wednesday: 1:00 pm - 6:00 pm Thursday: 7:00 am - 12:00 pm Friday: 9:00 am to 1:00 pm &nbs See more details
Washington, DC 20011 21.82 miles from city center Waldorf
202-722-4544 Provides residential housing and supportive services to 12 homeless men. Services include food, substance abuse counseling, case management, employment and housing placement assistance. Washers and dryers are available on-site. Dormitory style sleeping for 2-3 men per room.
Silver Spring, MD 20912 23.75 miles from city center Waldorf
301-762-8682 Interfaith Works Community Vision Program is a day program for chronically street homeless men and women in Montgomery County, MD. From November 1st through April 1st each year we run one of the County's winter weather shelters housing 70 people each night. Our day program provides individualized See more details
Hyattsville, MD 20783 24.00 miles from city center Waldorf
(301) 431-4570 EMERGENCY SHELTER: Provides shelter in 22 apartment units; residents may stay up to 90 days. Offers support services such as substance abuse counseling, transportation tokens, workshops, tutoring, job assistance, child care referrals and mentak health referrals.
Bethesda, MD 20814 25.88 miles from city center Waldorf
301-907-9244 Only a day shelter. Hours Mon. Wed. Fr. 9-12:30 & 2-5
Tues. Thurs. 9-12:30 & 3-5
Our main office serves as both a Drop-In Center for clients experiencing homelessness, and the site for most of our services. Open five days a week, our Drop-In Center always offers hot coffee, snacks an See more details
Leonardtown, MD 20650 27.62 miles from city center Waldorf
240-895-7001 Emergency shelter placement. Counseling, case management. Assistance with applying for benefits. Job development. Lexington Park: 240-725-5700/5701, 301-475-8016 (DSS Crisis Line) See more details
Crownsville, MD 21032 30.47 miles from city center Waldorf
410-974-6829 Treatment center for women. Drug and alcohol drug treatment assistance. 45 beds at this location. Also allows women who have children.
Chrysalis House, Inc. is a nonprofit organization which provides full treatment services to women suffering with the disease of addiction. We offer See more details
Annapolis, MD 21401 31.35 miles from city center Waldorf
410-263-1835 Emergency shelter for men and women and families.
Provides a food pantry, bag lunches.
Provides help with medical clinics
financial assistance (rent assistance, utility assistance) for help with evictions.