Welcome to our Queens, New York Homeless Shelters and Services for the needy page. Below are all of the homeless shelters and services for the needy that provide help to those in need for Queens, NY and surrounding cities.
We also provide other homeless resources such as transitional resources for the homeless. Homeless clinic and treatment center resources are also provided on the right navigational bar.
Many shelters also provide services such as alcohol and drug rehab treatment along with clinics. I try to provide as much information as possible on my details pages.
Brooklyn , NY 11207 4.96 miles from city center Queens
(718) 235-1464 Transitional housing for women with children. Homeless families with children.
Overcoming-Love Ministries, Inc. (OCLM) is a 501(c)(3), faith-based organization which has served the communities of Brooklyn and Queens for over 30 years. We are an inter-denominational, multicultural, bilingu See more details
Take Subway: C to Liberty Ave.
This is a NYC Department of Homeless Services intake shelter for women.
The intake facilities for single adults are open 24 hours, seven days a week, including holidays. Bringing ID is strongly suggested, though not required. The following forms of ID See more details
Brooklyn, NY 11221 6.35 miles from city center Queens
(718) 455-0197 A faith-based, woman-focused agency headquartered in the Bedford-Stuyvesant community of Brooklyn, Providence House is built around the use of a unique mentoring model at smaller, congregate transitional housing facilities scattered throughout New York City. That model has been fashioned upon t See more details
Brooklyn, NY 11233 6.48 miles from city center Queens
347-465-0782 Because Everyone Deserves Shelter (B.E.D.S.) Community Shared Living (transitional housing) provides a stepping
stone into society for homeless single males, parolees, and individuals on SSI.
We create a safer more comfortable environment for
individuals who have shown great progr See more details
Brooklyn, NY 11216 7.05 miles from city center Queens
718-628-3223 The Doe Fund's Gates Avenue Center for Opportunity serves formerly homeless and formerly incarcerated males (who are 18 years old or older) through the organization's flagship Ready, Willing & Able program. Referrals are provided by the New York City Department of Homeless Services to those in the m See more details
New York City, NY 10016 8.08 miles from city center Queens
(212) 883-0680 The Grand Central Neighborhood Social Services Corporation’s Multi-Service Drop-in Center serves a street homeless population of single adults. Those who use our center range from 18 to 75 years of age. GCNSSC currently provides services to over 300 homeless adults each day, on average. See more details
Brooklyn, NY 11201 8.65 miles from city center Queens
(888) 425-0501 The Tillary Street Women's Shelter is a 200-bed city-funded shelter for women with mental illness and co-morbid substance abuse disorders. Located in downtown Brooklyn. The shelter provides temporary housing, case management, housing referral and (more) placement services, and on-site medical and me See more details
New York, NY 10003 8.78 miles from city center Queens
212-533-8400 First known as Manhattan Bowery Corporation, Project Renewal began life more than 46 years ago as a 48-bed alcohol detoxification program at the then-notorious Third Street Men's Shelter.
This was one of the nation's first successful treatment programs for "public inebriates," coming at a time wh See more details
New York, NY 10024 8.79 miles from city center Queens
212.873.0140 Lalitamba Saranam (fondly known as Fredericks Place after our cat mascot) is a holistic shelter for women, including female youth and victims of domestic violence, in the heart of New York City. We offer support with benefits and housing applications, as well as a comprehensive life skills program t See more details
Brooklyn, NY 11201 8.81 miles from city center Queens
(718) 254-9134 Domestic Violence Victims Only Emergency Shelter
Three Safe Havens Women’s Survival Space Women’s Safe Start Women’s Second Start Our shelters provide lifesaving emergency housing for women and children who are fleeing abusive homes. Each family stays in their ow See more details
New York City, NY 10002 8.87 miles from city center Queens
(212)674-3456 Men women and children. Shelter for the Homeless of New York City.
ast year, The Bowery Mission has provided shelter for homeless men and women for a combined 91,500 nights in New York City. Our emergency shelter program provides a safe place for the homeless to come in out of the w See more details
New York, NY 10023 8.88 miles from city center Queens
212 873 9224 A RESIDENCE FOR MEN, 18 & OVER, DRUG & ALCOHOL FREE WITH SERIOUS DISEASE PROBLEMS SUCH AS CANCER, SOME MENTAL ILLNESSES, DIABETES, HIV+, ETC.
Doors open at 7:00 a.m. Private shelter for homeless,
working men. Vacancies are rare. Call for intake information. See more details
New York, NY 10018 9.03 miles from city center Queens
212-389-9300 Office Hours: Mon-Fri 9:00-5:00
Breaking Ground's mission is to strengthen individuals, families and communities by developing and sustaining exceptional supportive and affordable housing as well as programs for homeless and other vulnerable New Yorker's. The belief that every See more details
Bronx, NY 10452 9.17 miles from city center Queens
(718) 293-2930 Cromwell Avenue Safe Haven is an 80-bed facility providing low demand transitional housing, direct care and case management services to long-term street homeless men and homeless veterans. For information, call (718) 293-2930. See more details
Brooklyn, NY 11234 9.93 miles from city center Queens
347-529-3770 We have available beds for anyone looking for shelter also providing a variety of programs to help individuals become productive citizens in society.
Hempstead, NY 11550 10.41 miles from city center Queens
(516) 486-6243 The INN (Interfaith Nutrition Network) addresses the issues of hunger and homelessness on Long Island by providing food, shelter, long-term housing, and supportive services in a dignified and respectful manner for those who seek our help. We are a not-for-profit, volunteer-based organization with a See more details
Union City, NJ 07087 10.83 miles from city center Queens
(201) 348-8150 Palisades Emergency Residence Corp
Palisades Emergency Residence Corporation (PERC) exists to defeat the cycle of poverty, understanding that food and shelter are fundamental human rights. PERC believes that with help there is hope. We believe that every person deserves dignity, respe See more details
Hoboken, NJ 07030 10.89 miles from city center Queens
201-656-5069 Shelter hours: 9am - 11am and 12pm - 7pm on weekdays.
3pm - 7pm on Saturdays and Sundays.
Dinner is served at 7:15pm/7:30pm every evening to approximately 100 people. Breakfast & lunch is served daily to our 50 Shelter Guests (Residents). An additional Breakfast is provided duri See more details
Union City, NJ 07087 11.09 miles from city center Queens
(201) 867 - 4093 Emergency Services, food, clothing, shelter, guidance, Adult rehabilitation services alcohol, social and correctional counseling. Furniture pick-up. See more details
Jersey City, NJ 07302 11.24 miles from city center Queens
(201) 451-8225 St. Joseph's Home is far more than a shelter. Here, the women of York Street Project in Jersey City, New Jersey are given the opportunity to take concrete steps towards attaining permanent housing while building independent lives for themselves and their families.
Jersey City, NJ 07302 11.54 miles from city center Queens
(201) 420-1070 Catholic Charities of the Archdiocese of Newark
Staff on-site 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Hope House, an emergency shelter for homeless women with children, helps families become self-sufficient by giving them an opportunity for decision making and for assuming responsibili See more details
Uniondale, NY 11553 11.56 miles from city center Queens
(516) 573-8626 If you are experiencing a housing crisis in Nassau County, you should go to the Nassau County Department of Social Services (DSS), at 60 Charles Lindbergh Blvd. in Uniondale, NY.
Hours: Monday thru Friday, between the hours of 8:00 am – 4:00 pm.
Ridgefield, NJ 07657 12.10 miles from city center Queens
(201) 943 - 7172 Services provided at this Welfare Office.
Provide assistance/counseling to residents in danger of eviction or having their utilities shut off.
Assistance in emergencies, i.e. prescriptions, transportation, shelter, food, and clothing. -Provide aid to transients.
Operate a See more details
New Rochelle, NY 10801 12.59 miles from city center Queens
(914) 235-2607 A 32 bed shelter which offers temporary shelter, clean bedding, and three meals per day for men and women who are faced with homelessness. The shelter is also handicapped accessible. Men and women allowed.
Oasis will continue to operate in its normal capacity as an emergency overnigh See more details
Yonkers, NY 10702 14.61 miles from city center Queens
914-963-2626 Offers a 19 bed homeless shelter for men with a wide array of support and treatment services. A limited number of beds are available on an overnight-only basis for men who do not have DSS authorization. The shelter is a drug-free facility, and has a medical and mental health clinic on site. Residenc See more details
Yonkers, NY 10701 15.07 miles from city center Queens
914-968-6577 Our purpose is to provide food, shelter and clothing for homeless men in a safe and clean living environment where the Word of God can be preached and the love of Christ can be shown.
We provide not only for the physical needs of the man, but our concern is more for the spiritual needs of See more details
Bayonne, NJ 07002 16.36 miles from city center Queens
(201) 437 - 7222 To provide programs geared primarily for low income citizens, senior citizens and the handicapped. Information and referral is given to any citizen of Bayonne who needs our assistance. The B.E.O.F.'s programs range from pre-natal through the "Golden Years".
Hackensack, NJ 07601 16.56 miles from city center Queens
201-488-5100 The 1st Stop Program provides a single point of entry for low-income families to access life changing public benefits. Available services include comprehensive needs assessment, benefit screening, information and referral, case management. advocacy, counseling and follow-up.
Staten Island, NY 10302 17.36 miles from city center Queens
(718)448-1544 Emergency Shelter Clothing or Vouchers.
Need Help? If you are in Staten Island, New York, and you need help, please contact the following programs as appropriate: Need food? Please contact Project Hospitality’s Community Services Center, which is located at 514 Bay Street, See more details
Newark, NJ 07102 18.03 miles from city center Queens
973-621-0181 Thirty day emergency shelter for homeless single men and women. Residents must arrive by 5 pm an leave in the morning by 7 am. No meals provided.
Languages other than English: Spanish.
Men or women that are in need of shelter from Essex County with ID. See more details
Newark, NJ 07104 18.16 miles from city center Queens
(973)482-8865 42 bed facility that serves 3 meals daily for women & children only. Case management, parenting skills, and budget counseling. Substance abuse counseling and mental health services are available on site.
Mon - Fri 9:00am - 5:00pm Program Director 24 hours a day /7 days a week M-F See more details
East Orange, NJ 07017 18.28 miles from city center Queens
973 280 9109 Sadaqa House, Inc. is located in the City of East Orange, State of New Jersey which provides a quiet, comfortable living environment with shared bathroom and kitchen. Sadaqa House, Inc. is a women central resource center as well as an emergency home (not to exceed 30 day stay). See more details
Newark, NJ 07107 18.30 miles from city center Queens
(973)621-9560 Here at Goodwill Rescue Mission on 79 University Avenue in Newark, NJ, we currently offer the following services to the poor and homeless:
- Hot Meals: We are open to serve men, women and children lunch (12:00-12:30) and dinner (5:45-6:30) seven days a week See more details
Newark, NJ 07102 18.42 miles from city center Queens
(973) 639-2100 We provide support to individuals and families through programming in six areas: emergency services, workforce development, housing, prisoner re-entry, health, and family development. With intensive and holistic case management and our referral network, we help resilient individuals and famili See more details
NEWARK, NJ 07102 18.46 miles from city center Queens
(973) 621-8705 In 1989, Covenant House began its work in New Jersey by providing basic services to homeless youth on the streets of Newark and Atlantic City.
Over the past 25 years, we have grown by creating more services and enhancing the quality of those services.
Newark, NJ 07104 18.46 miles from city center Queens
(973) 732-5129 Peace House Inc. provides a temporary shelter for women who are homeless, released from substance abuse treatment programs or justice system. Women who are ready to make the transition to self-sufficiency and become productive members of society. Peace House Inc. is an eight bedroom home that house See more details
Passaic, NJ 07055 18.61 miles from city center Queens
973-472-2478 Homelessness prevention activities include rental assistance to those who are eligible (funding permitting), vouchers for emergency hotel or rooming house shelter, and the Specialized Shelter Program. There are twenty-eight units for single people and some social services are provided to residents. See more details
Newark, NJ 07103 19.52 miles from city center Queens
(973) 623-8555 Harmony House is a transitional housing program with the primary goal of helping families move from homelessness to permanent housing and from dependency to self- sufficiency. With the capacity to house 102 families in individual apartment units and host of on-site social services, Harmo See more details
Bloomfield, NJ 07003 19.70 miles from city center Queens
(973) 759 - 2154 Victims of domestic violence.
Emergency shelter, medical attention, case management, legal advocacy, court accompaniment, 24-hour hotline & shelter admission, food, clothing, comprehensive children's program, support group & individual counseling, housing advocacy, information & refer See more details
Elizabeth, NJ 07201 20.27 miles from city center Queens
(908) 355-2060 The mission of the Elizabeth Coalition to House the Homeless is to ensure that homeless individuals and families, and those persons who imminently face homelessness in Union County:
Obtain safe, sanitary, and adequate temporary or emergency shelter;
East Orange, NJ 07018 20.48 miles from city center Queens
973-266-4481 Agency: East Orange General Hospital.
Homeless case management services for patients residing in Essex County who suffer from mental illness. Patient advocates and linkages to financial, medical and psychiatric services provided. See more details
newark, NJ 07103 20.48 miles from city center Queens
9734162679 ANSWERS Moving Forward (AMF) is a nonprofit corporation formed to serve the male population in need of temporary shelter. Our facility is centrally located in Newark and is close to mass transportation
We provide a clean and safe environment for our residents. We specifically focus on the clients n See more details
Elizabeth, NJ 07201 20.53 miles from city center Queens
908-352-2886 Emergency shelter for single adults. 45 bed capacity. Also provides additional supportive services to facilitate independence and self sufficiency. See more details
East Orange, NJ 07018 20.69 miles from city center Queens
(973) 395 - 8400 This Division serves as the County's anti-poverty agency and provides a number of valuable emergency assistance and social services to individuals facing crisis situations.
Offers Emergency and Home Energy Assistance (NJ Shares)
Promotes Homelessness Preve See more details
irvington, NJ 07111 20.70 miles from city center Queens
973 399 1393 A village for humanity provides men whom have in some way lost their footing an opportunity to re-establish and/or find their proper place in society by providing the basic necessity of supportive and stable housing.In our residential facility, we offer comprehensive services in a "homey" yet struct See more details
White Plains, NY 10601 20.72 miles from city center Queens
914-995-5000 Provides the referrals for temporary shelter to homeless families, singles, and childless couples in the county. The office has a contractual relationship with not-for-profit agencies for the provision of case management services, shelter facilities, transitional residences, and emergency apartments See more details
Elizabeth, NJ 07201 20.75 miles from city center Queens
908-355-9622 Shelter for single men age 18 and over and female heads of household families. Services provided are emergency food, housing search, referrals to medical and counseling services.
Homeless female head of household must be referred by the Division of Social Services. Single men over 18 ye See more details
White Plains, NY 10601 20.77 miles from city center Queens
914-948-5044 Open Arms provides a full range of shelter and rehabilitative services for up to 38 single, homeless men 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. The shelter also operates an Emergency Center where individuals who would otherwise have to spend their nights on the streets can receive emergency overnight shelt See more details
White Plains, NY 10601 20.78 miles from city center Queens
914-948-5044 Day services outreach shelter for men and women not receiving services from the Westchester County Department of Social Services. Clients can receive meals, clothing, laundry facilities,computer access,counseling and referrals.
Montclair, NJ 07042 20.99 miles from city center Queens
973-746-2401 Juniper House is the Licensed Shelter operated under the REAL House umbrella of treatment services. Our goal is to provide a setting where residents learn to empower themselves through making positive choices for their future. We encourage women to slow down and take some time in getting to know wh See more details
Montclair, NJ 07042 20.99 miles from city center Queens
973-746-2400 Real House was established 10 years ago. It is a shelter for women in the process of recovery from substance and domestic abuse. Here we strive to empower women through quality support services. We provide a clean and safe home base environment for our women, where they can do the necessary inner-wo See more details
White Plains, NY 10601 21.15 miles from city center Queens
(914) 948-3075 Samaritan House provides temporary shelter and rehabilitative services to homeless women suffering from substance abuse, mental illness, domestic violence, HIV/AIDS and those just out of prison on parole.
19-bed shelter provides comprehensive services as well as individualized treat See more details
Montclair, NJ 07042 21.37 miles from city center Queens
973-744-8666 Emergency shelter for adults and families living in the suburban area of Essex County.
Eligibility: Adults and Families. The Salvation Army operates an emergency shelter in Montclair with a 23 bed capacity. The program offers additional supportive services to facilitate independence and See more details
Paterson, NJ 07501 21.77 miles from city center Queens
(973)278-7900 Emergency shelter, clothing, and food are provided to homeless men at a capacity of 40 beds. For men entering the shelter, a comprehensive assessment is done to determine what is needed beyond the immediate night off the street. Referrals are provided for housing, employment, mental health services See more details
Paterson, NJ 07505 22.38 miles from city center Queens
(201) 684 - 5998 Affordable housing for homeless families. Must be homeless & head of household must be disabled. Residents are chosen based on their expected rate of success in this type of housing program. Medical and dental care for residents, day care services, after school programs, and recreational activities See more details
Paterson, NJ 07522 22.85 miles from city center Queens
(973) 279-2333 A residential shelter for homeless families (women and their children). Residents receive sleeping accommodations and three meals per day, as well as assistance with finding permanent housing and services. Arrangements are made for residents to receive employment opportunities, mental health treatme See more details
Ridgewood, NJ 07450 23.08 miles from city center Queens
201-833-8009 Emergency Shelter for homeless working families.
The Family Promise Network is a sheltering program for homeless families with dependent children, accommodating up to 14 people at a time. Local congregations host the families overnight on a weekly rotating basis. Volunteers from hos See more details
Valhalla, NY 10595 23.96 miles from city center Queens
(914) 231-4200 Offers individuals who are homeless, shelter for the night. Also provides homeless men, women, and veterans social services, clothing and transportation.
* There is a referral required. Call for details.
Homeless adults 18 years and older.
Contact hours: Monday - Friday 8am - See more details
Stamford, CT 6904 26.25 miles from city center Queens
(203)964-8228 Soup Kitchen and Day Shelter.
We are open every day to the public and provide three meals daily to anyone hungry. We also have a food pantry program that distributes bagged groceries to individual and families every Tuesday each month. New Covenant House is the only soup kitchen in the See more details
Stamford, CT 06902 26.26 miles from city center Queens
(203) 388-0170 St. Luke's LifeWorks is one of the largest providers of services to the homeless in Connecticut and the largest in lower Fairfield County. In total, we house approximately 240 people each night and serve 500-600 people each year.
Stamford, CT 06902 26.41 miles from city center Queens
203-348-2792 Shelter for the Homeless is a safe and caring environment that serves lower Fairfield County by providing temporary housing to homeless men, striving to obtain permanent supportive housing and services for men and women tailored to meet their relevant needs, and empowering people to help themselve See more details
Middletown, NJ 07734 26.97 miles from city center Queens
732 495-1050 Our mission is to provide food, shelter and comprehensive services to homeless families in Monmouth County in cooperation with a network of interfaith congregations, while advocating innovative solutions to chronic homelessness.