Welcome to our Nyack, New York Homeless Shelters and Services for the needy page. Below are all of the homeless shelters and services for the needy that provide help to those in need for Nyack, NY and surrounding cities.
We also provide other homeless resources such as transitional resources for the homeless. Homeless clinic and treatment center resources are also provided on the right navigational bar.
Many shelters also provide services such as alcohol and drug rehab treatment along with clinics. I try to provide as much information as possible on my details pages.
Pomona, NY 10970 7.66 miles from city center Nyack
845-364-3100 Prevention of homelessness by providing help to secure temporary and permanent housing including immediate shelter in emergency situations.
After Hours call the Rockland County Sheriff's Office at (845) 638-5400. See more details
White Plains, NY 10601 8.70 miles from city center Nyack
(914) 949-3098 Lifting Up Westchester restores hope to Westchester Countyís men, women
and children in need by providing them with food, shelter and
support and lifting them to greater self-sufficiency with dignity and
respect. For almost four decades, Lifting Up Westch See more details
White Plains, NY 10601 9.09 miles from city center Nyack
(914) 948-3075 Samaritan House provides temporary shelter and rehabilitative services to homeless women suffering from substance abuse, mental illness, domestic violence, HIV/AIDS and those just out of prison on parole. 19-bed shelter provides comprehensive services as well as individualized treat See more details
White Plains, NY 10601 9.22 miles from city center Nyack
914-948-5044 Open Arms provides a full range of shelter and rehabilitative services for up to 38 single, homeless men 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. The shelter also operates an Emergency Center where individuals who would otherwise have to spend their nights on the streets can receive emergency overnight shelt See more details
White Plains, NY 10601 9.28 miles from city center Nyack
914-995-2000 Hours: Mon-Fri 8:30 am-5:00 pmProvides the referrals for temporary shelter to homeless families, singles, and childless couples in the county. The office has a contractual relationship with not-for-profit agencies for the provision of case management services, shelt See more details
Yonkers, NY 10701 10.98 miles from city center Nyack
914-963-2626 Temporary Homeless Shelter for men due to the closing of the Sharing Community Men's Drop In Center. Up to 50 men can be provided food and shelter at a time at this shelter location. If they reach capacity, people in need will be provided transportation to anot See more details
Ridgewood, NJ 07450 12.87 miles from city center Nyack
201-833-8009 Emergency Shelter for homeless working families.
The Family Promise Network is a sheltering program for homeless families with dependent children, accommodating up to 14 people at a time. Local congregations host the families overnight on a weekly rotating basis. Volunteers from hos See more details
Peekskill, NY 10566 13.62 miles from city center Nyack
914-736-2636 CHHOP is open 365 days a year 24 hours a day.The mission of Caring for the Homeless of Peekskill Inc. (CHOP) is to alleviate hunger and homelessness in our community by providing temporary housing for homeless adults, and by referring clients to appropriate agencies in order to help them See more details
New Rochelle, NY 10801 14.46 miles from city center Nyack
(914) 235-2607 A 32 bed shelter which offers temporary shelter, clean bedding, and three meals per day for men and women who are faced with homelessness. The shelter is also handicapped accessible. Men and women allowed.
Oasis will continue to operate in its normal capacity as an emergency overnigh See more details
Bronix, NY 10467 14.50 miles from city center Nyack
(718) 684-8886 NYC Department of Homeless Services shelter which provides 200 beds for men. Social Services Provided at shelter:assistance with benefits and gathering vital documentshousing case management See more details
Hackensack, NJ 07601 15.22 miles from city center Nyack
201-968-0200 The 1st Stop Program provides a single point of entry for low-income families to access life changing public benefits. Available services include comprehensive needs assessment, benefit screening, information and referral, case management. advocacy, counseling and follow-up.
Services See more details
Hackensack, NJ 07601 16.22 miles from city center Nyack
201-336-6475 Services Provided:
Links to Community Services
The center is designed to serve individual men and women who are homeless, individuals and families who are precariously housed, and others who require lin See more details
Bronx, NY 10453 16.74 miles from city center Nyack
718-943-1341 The 200-bed facility also houses mentally ill and medically frail women. Since opening, we have helped over 1,000 women at that facility in permanent housing. The 200-bed transitional womenís shelter is co-located with a CFH health and dental center. See more details
Paterson, NJ 07501 17.17 miles from city center Nyack
(973)278-7900 Emergency shelter, clothing, and food are provided to homeless men at a capacity of 40 beds. For men entering the shelter, a comprehensive assessment is done to determine what is needed beyond the immediate night off the street. Referrals are provided for housing, employment, mental health services See more details
Bronx, NY 10452 17.39 miles from city center Nyack
(718) 293-2930 Cromwell Avenue Safe Haven is an 80-bed facility providing low demand transitional housing, direct care and case management services to long-term street homeless men and homeless veterans. For information, call (718) 293-2930. See more details
Paterson, NJ 07522 17.46 miles from city center Nyack
(973) 279-2333 A residential shelter for homeless families (women and their children). Residents receive sleeping accommodations and three meals per day, as well as assistance with finding permanent housing and services. Arrangements are made for residents to receive employment opportunities, mental health treatme See more details
Paterson, NJ 07505 17.87 miles from city center Nyack
(201) 684 - 5998 Affordable housing for homeless families. Must be homeless & head of household must be disabled. Residents are chosen based on their expected rate of success in this type of housing program. Medical and dental care for residents, day care services, after school programs, and recreational activities See more details
Paterson, NJ 07501 18.03 miles from city center Nyack
973-523-6220 Has a men's shelter 40 beds, women's shelter 36 beds and shelter for women with children 18 mothers and up to 42 children.
Eva's Village is a uniquely progressive and comprehensive non-profit social service organization dedicated to fighting homelessness and poverty. Our mission is to See more details
Bronx, NY 10460 18.24 miles from city center Nyack
718-842-9797 To get to this shelter take Subway 2 to 149th St., then #55 bus to 166th St. and 3rd Ave.
This is a NYC Department of Homeless Services intake shelter for women only. Open 24 hours a day.
HS operates the most comprehensive shelter services system for single adults in the w See more details
Bronx, NY 10451 18.72 miles from city center Nyack
(718) 503-6400 All families with children must apply for shelter at DHS' Prevention Assistance and Temporary Housing (PATH) intake center. PATH, located in the Bronx, is a state-of-the-art and eco-friendly facility that has been specifically sized, staffed, and laid out to meet the demand for homeless service See more details
Clifton, NJ 07011 18.88 miles from city center Nyack
(973) 262-5616 Transitional housing. Aimed at homeless families with children transitioning into independent living. Hope through Care, Inc. is an independent, non-profit organization that serves families with children in Passaic County community of Northern New Jersey.The objectives are:
See more details
Bronx, NY 10474 19.13 miles from city center Nyack
(718) 893-3606 The only 24 hour drop in center for homeless in the Bronx.Our Safe Havens are temporary shelters for homeless adults. The Barretto Street Safe Haven (in the same building as the Living Room) has 50 beds for homeless adults The Pyramid See more details
Passaic, NJ 07055 19.31 miles from city center Nyack
973-472-2478 Homelessness prevention activities include rental assistance to those who are eligible (funding permitting), vouchers for emergency hotel or rooming house shelter, and the Specialized Shelter Program. There are twenty-eight units for single people and some social services are provided to residents. See more details
Stamford, CT 6904 19.57 miles from city center Nyack
(203)964-8228 Soup Kitchen and Day Shelter.
We are open every day to the public and provide three meals daily to anyone hungry. We also have a food pantry program that distributes bagged groceries to individual and families every Tuesday each month. New Covenant House is the only soup kitchen in the See more details
Stamford, CT 06901 19.96 miles from city center Nyack
(203) 388-0100 NOTE: We are part of a coordinated access network in the state of CT, so the only way to actually get into the shelter system here is to call 211 We are one of the largest providers of homeless services in CT. We serve single w See more details
Stamford, CT 06902 20.31 miles from city center Nyack
203-348-2792 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, food - breakfast and dinner. Pacific House is a men's emergency shelter which typically serves 60-85
men each night but often serves 100 or more men during the winter
months. It operates 365 days, 24 hours per day, and provides breakfast
and See more details
New York, NY 10024 21.35 miles from city center Nyack
(212)873-0140 Respite for New York City's Women in TransitionIntake You are welcome to stay as a guest at Lalitamba Saranam.To register as a guest, you will need a valid picture ID and social security card/number.We ask that you be drug and alcohol free d See more details
New York, NY 10024 21.35 miles from city center Nyack
212.873.0140 Lalitamba Saranam (fondly known as Fredericks Place after our cat mascot) is a holistic shelter for women, including female youth and victims of domestic violence, in the heart of New York City. We offer support with benefits and housing applications, as well as a comprehensive life skills program t See more details
New York, NY 10024 21.38 miles from city center Nyack
(212) 873-0140 Lalitamba Saranam (fondly known as Frederick's Place after our cat mascot) is a home for women in transition ages 18-25, including survivors of domestic violence and runaway youth located in the heart of New York City.In caring for guests, we offer wellness programs that tend to body, mind, an See more details
New York, NY 10075 22.18 miles from city center Nyack
917-677-0833 Supportive HousingSupportive housing pairs affordable housing with comprehensive on-site supportive services. It is an evidence-based approach that has been shown to be effective in improving housing stability, especially for chronically homeless individuals, as well as employment status See more details
Union City, NJ 07087 22.36 miles from city center Nyack
(201) 867 - 4093 Emergency Services, food, clothing, shelter, guidance, Adult rehabilitation services alcohol, social and correctional counseling. Furniture pick-up. See more details
Queens, NY 11369 22.47 miles from city center Nyack
Temporary family homeless shelter. Provides for 169 families.The Landing provides comprehensive social services designed to prepare and return families to independent living in permanent housing as quickly as possible. Each family has an individualized service plan that outlines their un See more details
Union City, NJ 07087 22.76 miles from city center Nyack
(201) 348-8150 Palisades Emergency Residence Corp
Palisades Emergency Residence Corporation (PERC) exists to defeat the cycle of poverty, understanding that food and shelter are fundamental human rights. PERC believes that with help there is hope. We believe that every person deserves dignity, respe See more details
New York, NY 10019 22.86 miles from city center Nyack
(212) 366-4459 120 bed shelter houses mentally ill and medically frail womenThe shelter helps the women as they work toward improving their health and acquiring permanent housing. The 52nd Street Womenís Center is a resident focused facility in Manhattan. See more details
New York, NY 10018 23.62 miles from city center Nyack
212-629-7440 Sylvia's Place is an emergency shelter for GLBT homeless youth.Metropolitan Community Church of New York provides a spiritual home for
the Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender Community and all who choose
to join us, through prac See more details
New York City, NY 10016 23.65 miles from city center Nyack
(212) 883-0680 The Grand Central Neighborhood Social Services Corporation‚Äôs Multi-Service Drop-in Center serves a street homeless population of single adults.Those who use our center range from 18 to 75 years of age.GCNSSC currently provides services to over 300 homeless adults each day, on average. See more details
New York, NY 10018 23.74 miles from city center Nyack
212-389-9300 Office Hours: Mon-Fri 9:00-5:00Breaking Ground's mission is to strengthen individuals, families and communities by developing and sustaining exceptional supportive and affordable housing as well as programs for homeless and other vulnerable New Yorker's. The belief that every See more details
New York, NY 10001 23.99 miles from city center Nyack
212-947-3211 Homeless Drop In Center. For both men and women.Hours: Mondays through Sundays: 7:30am to 8:30pm.Provides: Soup KitchenFree ShowersMany other programs and services See more details
New York, NY 1000 23.99 miles from city center Nyack
212-947-3211 Day Center / Drop In Center for the homeless and poor. Provides: Soup Kitchen, Free Showers.Shelter hours: 7 days a week from 7:30am to 8:30pm. See more details
New York City, NY 10001 24.06 miles from city center Nyack
(212)924-0167 Hours: Every weekday (including holidays) from 10:30am to 12:30pm. The Soup Kitchen provides a hot, nutritious, well-balanced mea. Although we only serve for two hours, the day at the soup kitchen is
much longer than that. It starts bright and early at 6 a See more details
New York, NY 10016 24.19 miles from city center Nyack
(212) 883-0680 24 hours a day, 365 days a year drop in center. Operated by: Grand Central Neighborhood Social Services Corporation. Services: Clients can stay in emergency overnight shelter, receive a variety of
s See more details
Montclair, NJ 07042 24.36 miles from city center Nyack
973-744-8666 Emergency shelter for adults and families living in the suburban area of Essex County.
Eligibility: Adults and Families.The Salvation Army operates an emergency shelter in Montclair with a 23 bed capacity. The program offers additional supportive services to facilitate independence and See more details
New York, NY 10016 24.44 miles from city center Nyack
(212) 481-4707 Open 24 hours per day, including weekends and holidays.Citywide shelter intake center for homeless adult families, including homeless couples (domestic partnership required) with no children and families with no family members under 18 years of age.< See more details
Manhattan, NY 10016 24.46 miles from city center Nyack
(718) 557-1399 Intake facility for Homeless men in New York City. Intake is open 24 hours a day.
Homeless individuals who have been in a shelter in New York City within the past 12 months should go to that shelter where they stayed. If not, they need to go to this intake facility.
See more details
New York, NY 1001 24.47 miles from city center Nyack
718-557-1399 24 hour shelter for men. Intake, Assessment, and General Population shelter for homeless men. Intake center for homeless men who are new to the DHS shelter system or who have not resided in the DHS system for over 12 months. New entrants are assigned to one of See more details
Montclair, NJ 07042 24.52 miles from city center Nyack
973-746-2401 Juniper House is the Licensed Shelter operated under the REAL House umbrella of treatment services. Our goal is to provide a setting where residents learn to empower themselves through making positive choices for their future. We encourage women to slow down and take some time in getting to know wh See more details
Montclair, NJ 07042 24.52 miles from city center Nyack
973-746-2400 Real House was established 10 years ago. It is a shelter for women in the process of recovery from substance and domestic abuse. Here we strive to empower women through quality support services. We provide a clean and safe home base environment for our women, where they can do the necessary inner-wo See more details
Bloomfield, NJ 07003 24.57 miles from city center Nyack
(973) 759 - 2154 Victims of domestic violence.
Emergency shelter, medical attention, case management, legal advocacy, court accompaniment, 24-hour hotline & shelter admission, food, clothing, comprehensive children's program, support group & individual counseling, housing advocacy, information & refer See more details
Hoboken, NJ 07030 24.99 miles from city center Nyack
201-656-5069 Overnight shelter and meals.
Drug & Alcohol Counseling,
Medication Counseling, and
Dinner is prepared & served to 100 guests nightly, by 6000 volunteers throughout the year. We always wel See more details
New York City, NY 10003 25.20 miles from city center Nyack
(212)529-5252 Homes for the Homeless operates Community Residential Resource Centers (CRRCs) within the shelter infrastructure in an effort to simultaneously serve both homeless families and the surrounding community. Our CRRCs combine the basic services of a traditional shelter with a full range of inclusive pro See more details
New Yok, NY 10009 25.35 miles from city center Nyack
(212) 777-1010 Emergency Shelter, Supportive Housing Provider and Homelessness Prevention Non-Profit in New York City.If you are currently homeless, contact the Department of Homeless Services by dialing 311 or (718) 503-6400Nazareth Housing cannot accept families directly. Y See more details
New York, NY 10003 25.59 miles from city center Nyack
212-533-8400 First known as Manhattan Bowery Corporation, Project Renewal began life more than 46 years ago as a 48-bed alcohol detoxification program at the then-notorious Third Street Men's Shelter.
This was one of the nation's first successful treatment programs for "public inebriates," coming at a time wh See more details
Jersey City, NJ 07310 25.61 miles from city center Nyack
2016533366 Staff on-site 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Shelters has beds for 60 men & 20 women, also shelters 25 extras from Outreach program with Port Authority.
St. Lucy's Emergency Shelter is a supervised 24-hour, 7-day-a-week, year-round emergency shelter facility for sing See more details
New York City, NY 10002 26.02 miles from city center Nyack
(212)674-3456 Men women and children. Shelter for the Homeless of New York City.Our emergency shelter program provides a safe place for the homeless to come in out of the winter cold. By providing a warm place to sleep, we are preventing victimization, illness and possibly death that someti See more details
New York City, NY 10013 26.24 miles from city center Nyack
(212)226-6214 Men and women shelter.Emergency Shelter direct Medical Assistance.
Most guests come seeking a hot meal, a clean shower, a safe bed, clothing, and often assistance in addressing their difficult circumstances.
Our goal is to offer resources which will meet basic physical ne See more details
Jersey City, NJ 07302 26.32 miles from city center Nyack
(201) 420-1070 Catholic Charities of the Archdiocese of NewarkStaff on-site 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Hope House, an emergency shelter for homeless women with children, helps families become self-sufficient by giving them an opportunity for decision making and for assuming responsibili See more details
Newark, NJ 07104 26.42 miles from city center Nyack
(973) 732-5129 Peace House Inc. provides a temporary shelter for women who are homeless, released from substance abuse treatment programs or justice system. Women who are ready to make the transition to self-sufficiency and become productive members of society. Peace House Inc. is an eight bedroom home that house See more details
Jersey City, NJ 07302 26.70 miles from city center Nyack
(201) 451-8225 St. Joseph's Home is far more than a shelter. Here, the women of York Street Project in Jersey City, New Jersey are given the opportunity to take concrete steps towards attaining permanent housing while building independent lives for themselves and their families.
Our Home, a five-s See more details
Newark, NJ 07104 27.04 miles from city center Nyack
(973)482-8865 42 bed facility that serves 3 meals daily for women & children only. Case management, parenting skills, and budget counseling. Substance abuse counseling and mental health services are available on site.
Mon - Fri 9:00am - 5:00pm Program Director 24 hours a day /7 days a week M-F See more details
New York, NY 10004 27.19 miles from city center Nyack
(646) 588-0030 Get HelpIf you need help escaping domestic abuse or are a family in need of shelter call:NYCís 24-hour Domestic Violence Hotline800-621-4673National Domestic Violence Hotline800-787-3224NYC Gay and Lesbian Anti-Violence Project21 See more details
Newark, NJ 07107 27.31 miles from city center Nyack
(973)621-9560 Here at Goodwill Rescue Mission on 79 University Avenue in Newark, NJ, we currently offer the following services to the poor and homeless:
- Hot Meals: We are open to serve men, women and children lunch (12:00-12:30) and dinner (5:45-6:30) seven days a week See more details
Newark, NJ 07102 27.38 miles from city center Nyack
973-621-0181 Thirty day emergency shelter for homeless single men and women. Residents must arrive by 5 pm an leave in the morning by 7 am. No meals provided.
Languages other than English: Spanish.
Men or women that are in need of shelter from Essex County with ID. See more details
East Orange, NJ 07018 27.48 miles from city center Nyack
(973) 395 - 8400 This Division serves as the County's anti-poverty agency and provides a number of valuable emergency assistance and social services to individuals facing crisis situations.
Offers Emergency and Home Energy Assistance (NJ Shares)
Promotes Homelessness Preve See more details
Brooklyn, NY 11201 27.59 miles from city center Nyack
(888) 425-0501 The Tillary Street Women's Shelter is a 200-bed city-funded shelter for women with mental illness and co-morbid substance abuse disorders. Located in downtown Brooklyn. The shelter provides temporary housing, case management, housing referral and (more) placement services, and on-site medical and me See more details
Brooklyn, NY 11201 27.60 miles from city center Nyack
(718) 797-0285??? Opportunity House Menís Shelter in Downtown Brooklyn is a 62-bed shelter that provides temporary emergency housing in a safe, supportive, and drug-free facility for single men. Meals, 24/7 security and on-site comprehensive services including case management, housing assistance, creative arts therap See more details
Brooklyn, NY 11205 27.62 miles from city center Nyack
(718) 222-1300 Auburn Family Residence at 39 Auburn Place. Shelter in NYC. There have been numerous complaints against this shelter. See more details
East Orange, NJ 07018 27.86 miles from city center Nyack
973-266-4481 Agency: East Orange General Hospital.
Homeless case management services for patients residing in Essex County who suffer from mental illness. Patient advocates and linkages to financial, medical and psychiatric services provided. See more details
NEWARK, NJ 07102 28.11 miles from city center Nyack
(973) 621-8705 In 1989, Covenant House began its work in New Jersey by providing basic services to homeless youth on the streets of Newark and Atlantic City. Over the past 25 years, we have grown by creating more services and enhancing the quality of those services. Our focus is always on m See more details
Jamaica, NY 11435 28.19 miles from city center Nyack
Monday - Friday: 10:00AM - 6:00PM
Saturday: 12:00AM - 4:00PM
Closed on Sundays
This is a family shelter. We offer many community outreach services, like mental health referrals , domestic violence, job readiness classes, resume building, interview prep, etc See more details
Newark, NJ 07103 28.26 miles from city center Nyack
(973) 623-8555 Harmony House is a transitional housing program with the primary goal of helping families move from homelessness to permanent housing and from dependency to self- sufficiency. With the capacity to house 102 families in individual apartment units and host of on-site social services, Harmo See more details
Newark, NJ 07102 28.31 miles from city center Nyack
(973) 639-2100 We provide support to individuals and families through programming in six areas: emergency services, workforce development, housing, prisoner re-entry, health, and family development. With intensive and holistic case management and our referral network, we help resilient individuals and famili See more details
Newark, NJ 07103 29.07 miles from city center Nyack
973-483-2882 Emergency Services973-483-2882Currently URC maintains over 600 beds in 9 facilities servicing emergency, transitional, and permanent housing needs.Social ServicesURC offers a broad-based menu of social service programs. These include prompt intake and evaluation o See more details
newark, NJ 07103 29.32 miles from city center Nyack
9734162679 ANSWERS Moving Forward (AMF) is a nonprofit corporation formed to serve the male population in need of temporary shelter. Our facility is centrally located in Newark and is close to mass transportation
We provide a clean and safe environment for our residents. We specifically focus on the clients n See more details
irvington, NJ 07111 29.64 miles from city center Nyack
973 399 1393 A village for humanity provides men whom have in some way lost their footing an opportunity to re-establish and/or find their proper place in society by providing the basic necessity of supportive and stable housing.In our residential facility, we offer comprehensive services in a "homey" yet struct See more details
Irvington, NJ 07111 29.73 miles from city center Nyack
973-375-8900 70 bed Men/Women ages 18+ double/triple room occupancy, newly installed handicap accessible elevator,24 hour staff & surveillance system, free laundry service, internet access, etc. See more details
Uniondale, NY 11553 30.42 miles from city center Nyack
(516) 573-8626 If you are experiencing a housing crisis in Nassau County, you should go to the Nassau County Department of Social Services (DSS), at 60 Charles Lindbergh Blvd. in Uniondale, NY. Hours: Monday thru Friday, between the hours of 8:00 am ‚Äď 4:00 pm. A DSS emergency servic See more details
Maplewood, NJ 07040 30.85 miles from city center Nyack
973-374-7838 Emergency residence dedicated to the provision of housing and support services to homeless single women and their children.We have NEVER accepted men in our facility. P
Our primary mission commits us to empowering underserved individuals with an initial focus on homeless individu See more details
Hempstead, NY 11550 31.03 miles from city center Nyack
(516) 486-6243 The INN (Interfaith Nutrition Network) addresses the issues of hunger and homelessness on Long Island by providing food, shelter, long-term housing, and supportive services in a dignified and respectful manner for those who seek our help. We are a not-for-profit, volunteer-based organization with a See more details
Union, NJ 07083 32.07 miles from city center Nyack
(908) 851 - 9300 Short term emergency assistance to individuals, families or groups.
Low income individuals - people in need especially those who fall through the cracks
8:30 am - 4 pm, Mon - Fri. 24 hours emergency access by volunteer not clie See more details