New Providence Homeless Shelters & Services For The Needy
Welcome to our New Providence, New Jersey Homeless Shelters and Services for the needy page. Below are all of the homeless shelters and services for the needy that provide help to those in need for New Providence, NJ and surrounding cities.
We also provide other homeless resources such as transitional resources for the homeless. Homeless clinic and treatment center resources are also provided on the right navigational bar.
Many shelters also provide services such as alcohol and drug rehab treatment along with clinics. I try to provide as much information as possible on my details pages.
Maplewood, NJ 07040 7.25 miles from city center New Providence
973-374-7838 Emergency residence dedicated to the provision of housing and support services to homeless single women and their children.We have NEVER accepted men in our facility. P
Our primary mission commits us to empowering underserved individuals with an initial focus on homeless individu See more details
Morristown, NJ 07960 7.96 miles from city center New Providence
(973) 539 - 9920 A multi-service daytime drop-in-center for the homeless and poor. We provide a legal address for people to use to apply for social services, jobs, register to vote or personal reasons. We also provide free use of the telephone for both outgoing and incoming calls. Our goal is to empower people to be See more details
Morristown, NJ 07960 8.03 miles from city center New Providence
(973) 539 - 2700 Short-term, non-permanent emergency assistance, including food, and utility and rental assistance, first months rent to individuals, families, and groups unable to provide such services for themselves. Participant in NJ Shares. Referrals to service units for those outside of Morristown area. Towns s See more details
Union, NJ 07083 8.04 miles from city center New Providence
(908) 851 - 9300 Short term emergency assistance to individuals, families or groups.
Low income individuals - people in need especially those who fall through the cracks
8:30 am - 4 pm, Mon - Fri. 24 hours emergency access by volunteer not clie See more details
Morristown, NJ 07962 8.13 miles from city center New Providence
973-998-0820 Interfaith Council for Homeless Families of Morris County (Interfaith Council) is a non-sectarian, not-for-profit organization dedicated to ending the crisis of homelessness faced by Morris County families by partnering with public and private agencies, religious congregations and community voluntee See more details
Irvington, NJ 07111 9.08 miles from city center New Providence
973-375-8900 70 bed Men/Women ages 18+ double/triple room occupancy, newly installed handicap accessible elevator,24 hour staff & surveillance system, free laundry service, internet access, etc. See more details
Cedar Knolls, NJ 07927 9.34 miles from city center New Providence
973-993-0900 We provide four separate Shelter Programs, a Transitional Housing Program, and The Mt. Kemble Home, a program for senior women of limited means.Family & Single Womenís ProgramThe Family Shelter Program for women and their children provides case See more details
irvington, NJ 07111 9.82 miles from city center New Providence
973 399 1393 A village for humanity provides men whom have in some way lost their footing an opportunity to re-establish and/or find their proper place in society by providing the basic necessity of supportive and stable housing.In our residential facility, we offer comprehensive services in a "homey" yet struct See more details
newark, NJ 07103 10.08 miles from city center New Providence
9734162679 ANSWERS Moving Forward (AMF) is a nonprofit corporation formed to serve the male population in need of temporary shelter. Our facility is centrally located in Newark and is close to mass transportation
We provide a clean and safe environment for our residents. We specifically focus on the clients n See more details
Newark, NJ 07103 10.35 miles from city center New Providence
973-483-2882 Emergency Services973-483-2882Currently URC maintains over 600 beds in 9 facilities servicing emergency, transitional, and permanent housing needs.Social ServicesURC offers a broad-based menu of social service programs. These include prompt intake and evaluation o See more details
Elizabeth, NJ 07201 10.37 miles from city center New Providence
908-355-9622 Shelter for single men age 18 and over and female heads of household families. Services provided are emergency food, housing search, referrals to medical and counseling services.
Homeless female head of household must be referred by the Division of Social Services. Single men over 18 ye See more details
Elizabeth, NJ 07201 10.59 miles from city center New Providence
908-352-2886 Emergency shelter for single adults. 45 bed capacity. Also provides additional supportive services to facilitate independence and self sufficiency. See more details
East Orange, NJ 07018 10.61 miles from city center New Providence
973-266-4481 Agency: East Orange General Hospital.
Homeless case management services for patients residing in Essex County who suffer from mental illness. Patient advocates and linkages to financial, medical and psychiatric services provided. See more details
East Orange, NJ 07018 10.68 miles from city center New Providence
(973) 395 - 8400 This Division serves as the County's anti-poverty agency and provides a number of valuable emergency assistance and social services to individuals facing crisis situations.
Offers Emergency and Home Energy Assistance (NJ Shares)
Promotes Homelessness Preve See more details
East Orange, NJ 07017 10.75 miles from city center New Providence
8624002558 Intake hours: 7a-4p
The Rain foundation is a safe haven for homeless LGBTQ+IA youth between the age of 18-26 that are at risk or experiencing homelessness. RAIN is open 24/7. See more details
Elizabeth, NJ 07201 11.00 miles from city center New Providence
(908) 355-2060 The mission of the Elizabeth Coalition to House the Homeless is to ensure that homeless individuals and families, and those persons who imminently face homelessness in Union County:
Obtain safe, sanitary, and adequate temporary or emergency shelter;
Are provided with a See more details
Newark, NJ 07103 11.18 miles from city center New Providence
(973) 623-8555 Harmony House is a transitional housing program with the primary goal of helping families move from homelessness to permanent housing and from dependency to self- sufficiency. With the capacity to house 102 families in individual apartment units and host of on-site social services, Harmo See more details
Newark, NJ 07102 12.11 miles from city center New Providence
(973) 639-2100 We provide support to individuals and families through programming in six areas: emergency services, workforce development, housing, prisoner re-entry, health, and family development. With intensive and holistic case management and our referral network, we help resilient individuals and famili See more details
NEWARK, NJ 07102 12.11 miles from city center New Providence
(973) 621-8705 In 1989, Covenant House began its work in New Jersey by providing basic services to homeless youth on the streets of Newark and Atlantic City. Over the past 25 years, we have grown by creating more services and enhancing the quality of those services. Our focus is always on m See more details
Edison, NJ 08817 12.34 miles from city center New Providence
(732)985-0327 Emergency Shelter for Women and Children.
Ozanam Family Shelter in Edison provides emergency shelter for 16 single women and 26 families. The facility has 14 emergency shelter beds and 26 transitional housing beds. While living in the shelter, program residents work with case managers See more details
Newark, NJ 07107 12.47 miles from city center New Providence
(973)621-9560 Here at Goodwill Rescue Mission on 79 University Avenue in Newark, NJ, we currently offer the following services to the poor and homeless:
- Hot Meals: We are open to serve men, women and children lunch (12:00-12:30) and dinner (5:45-6:30) seven days a week See more details
Newark, NJ 07102 12.67 miles from city center New Providence
973-621-0181 Thirty day emergency shelter for homeless single men and women. Residents must arrive by 5 pm an leave in the morning by 7 am. No meals provided.
Languages other than English: Spanish.
Men or women that are in need of shelter from Essex County with ID. See more details
Newark, NJ 07104 12.68 miles from city center New Providence
(973)482-8865 42 bed facility that serves 3 meals daily for women & children only. Case management, parenting skills, and budget counseling. Substance abuse counseling and mental health services are available on site.
Mon - Fri 9:00am - 5:00pm Program Director 24 hours a day /7 days a week M-F See more details
Montclair, NJ 07042 12.69 miles from city center New Providence
973-746-2401 Juniper House is the Licensed Shelter operated under the REAL House umbrella of treatment services. Our goal is to provide a setting where residents learn to empower themselves through making positive choices for their future. We encourage women to slow down and take some time in getting to know wh See more details
Montclair, NJ 07042 12.69 miles from city center New Providence
973-746-2400 Real House was established 10 years ago. It is a shelter for women in the process of recovery from substance and domestic abuse. Here we strive to empower women through quality support services. We provide a clean and safe home base environment for our women, where they can do the necessary inner-wo See more details
Newark, NJ 07104 12.71 miles from city center New Providence
(973) 732-5129 Peace House Inc. provides a temporary shelter for women who are homeless, released from substance abuse treatment programs or justice system. Women who are ready to make the transition to self-sufficiency and become productive members of society. Peace House Inc. is an eight bedroom home that house See more details
Montclair, NJ 07042 12.74 miles from city center New Providence
973-744-8666 Emergency shelter for adults and families living in the suburban area of Essex County.
Eligibility: Adults and Families.The Salvation Army operates an emergency shelter in Montclair with a 23 bed capacity. The program offers additional supportive services to facilitate independence and See more details
Bloomfield, NJ 07003 13.14 miles from city center New Providence
(973) 759 - 2154 Victims of domestic violence.
Emergency shelter, medical attention, case management, legal advocacy, court accompaniment, 24-hour hotline & shelter admission, food, clothing, comprehensive children's program, support group & individual counseling, housing advocacy, information & refer See more details
Somerville, NJ 08876 14.02 miles from city center New Providence
908-393-9545 Provides emergency shelter and rental assistance to homeless or near homeless individuals and their families who are unable to obtain assistance from government or other agencies.
SHIP provides emergency housing and associated services for those that are homeless, or in eminent danger See more details
Somerville, NJ 08876 14.05 miles from city center New Providence
(908)526-8800 Pays for temporary emergency shelter and food. Also available to TANF and SSI recipients who are victims of domestic violence. Also temporary assistance with rent, security deposits or utilities can be provided for certain homeless persons who are not recipients of above programs.
busi See more details
New Brunswick, NJ 08901 14.77 miles from city center New Providence
(732)729-0850 Emergency Shelter Men only.
Services: Homeless men, temporary and emergency lodging, meals, physical and mental health assessments, crisis counseling, assistance with housing and employment, case management and referrals.
Eligibility Criteria: Applicants must be homeles See more details
Bayonne, NJ 07002 14.82 miles from city center New Providence
(201) 437 - 7222 To provide programs geared primarily for low income citizens, senior citizens and the handicapped. Information and referral is given to any citizen of Bayonne who needs our assistance. The B.E.O.F.'s programs range from pre-natal through the "Golden Years".
Multi-purpose community servi See more details
Staten Island, NY 10302 14.84 miles from city center New Providence
(718)448-1544 Emergency Shelter Clothing or Vouchers.Need Help? ‚Ä®If you are in Staten Island, New York, and you need help, please contact the following programs as appropriate:Need food?Please contact Project Hospitality‚Äôs Community Services Center, which is located at 514 Bay Street, See more details
New Brunswick, NJ 08901 15.03 miles from city center New Providence
732-249-4504 Provides emergency shelter for victims of domestic violence and their children, 24 hour crisis intervention and hotline counseling, legal information and advocacy, public awareness and community education, support groups for battered women in two locations throughout the county.
Eligibi See more details
New Brunswick, NJ 08901 15.53 miles from city center New Providence
(732) 565-7974 Naomi's Way, located in New Brunswick has 16 one or two bedroom units. The program offers support to homeless mothers who are employed or engaged in job training. Stays at Naomi's Way can last up to 24 months. While in residence, the women are provided with case management and life skills training.< See more details
Bridgewater, NJ 08807 16.64 miles from city center New Providence
908-526-6605 Somerset Home serves teenagers ages 13 - 21. It offers street outreach, emergency shelter, group home housing and support services, residential transitional-living programs, nonresidential independent-living skills workshops and supportive housing for homeless young adults. See more details
Passaic, NJ 07055 18.04 miles from city center New Providence
973-472-2478 Homelessness prevention activities include rental assistance to those who are eligible (funding permitting), vouchers for emergency hotel or rooming house shelter, and the Specialized Shelter Program. There are twenty-eight units for single people and some social services are provided to residents. See more details
Clifton, NJ 07011 18.25 miles from city center New Providence
(973) 262-5616 Transitional housing. Aimed at homeless families with children transitioning into independent living. Hope through Care, Inc. is an independent, non-profit organization that serves families with children in Passaic County community of Northern New Jersey.The objectives are:
See more details
Jersey City, NJ 07302 18.90 miles from city center New Providence
(201) 420-1070 Catholic Charities of the Archdiocese of NewarkStaff on-site 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Hope House, an emergency shelter for homeless women with children, helps families become self-sufficient by giving them an opportunity for decision making and for assuming responsibili See more details
Paterson, NJ 07501 18.96 miles from city center New Providence
973-523-6220 Has a men's shelter 40 beds, women's shelter 36 beds and shelter for women with children 18 mothers and up to 42 children.
Eva's Village is a uniquely progressive and comprehensive non-profit social service organization dedicated to fighting homelessness and poverty. Our mission is to See more details
Jersey City, NJ 07310 19.10 miles from city center New Providence
2016533366 Staff on-site 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Shelters has beds for 60 men & 20 women, also shelters 25 extras from Outreach program with Port Authority.
St. Lucy's Emergency Shelter is a supervised 24-hour, 7-day-a-week, year-round emergency shelter facility for sing See more details
Paterson, NJ 07505 19.15 miles from city center New Providence
(201) 684 - 5998 Affordable housing for homeless families. Must be homeless & head of household must be disabled. Residents are chosen based on their expected rate of success in this type of housing program. Medical and dental care for residents, day care services, after school programs, and recreational activities See more details
Jersey City, NJ 07302 19.19 miles from city center New Providence
(201) 451-8225 St. Joseph's Home is far more than a shelter. Here, the women of York Street Project in Jersey City, New Jersey are given the opportunity to take concrete steps towards attaining permanent housing while building independent lives for themselves and their families.
Our Home, a five-s See more details
Hillsborough, NJ 08844 19.44 miles from city center New Providence
908-359-0003 Eligibility: Battered women and their families.
The Resource Center of Somerset is a private, non profit agency that provides counseling and temporary shelter for victims of domestic violence.
The agency has expanded services over our years of operation to include not only eme See more details
Paterson, NJ 07522 19.65 miles from city center New Providence
(973) 279-2333 A residential shelter for homeless families (women and their children). Residents receive sleeping accommodations and three meals per day, as well as assistance with finding permanent housing and services. Arrangements are made for residents to receive employment opportunities, mental health treatme See more details
Hoboken, NJ 07030 19.68 miles from city center New Providence
201-656-5069 Overnight shelter and meals.
Drug & Alcohol Counseling,
Medication Counseling, and
Dinner is prepared & served to 100 guests nightly, by 6000 volunteers throughout the year. We always wel See more details
Paterson, NJ 07501 19.79 miles from city center New Providence
(973)278-7900 Emergency shelter, clothing, and food are provided to homeless men at a capacity of 40 beds. For men entering the shelter, a comprehensive assessment is done to determine what is needed beyond the immediate night off the street. Referrals are provided for housing, employment, mental health services See more details
Union City, NJ 07087 20.51 miles from city center New Providence
(201) 867 - 4093 Emergency Services, food, clothing, shelter, guidance, Adult rehabilitation services alcohol, social and correctional counseling. Furniture pick-up. See more details
Union City, NJ 07087 20.53 miles from city center New Providence
(201) 348-8150 Palisades Emergency Residence Corp
Palisades Emergency Residence Corporation (PERC) exists to defeat the cycle of poverty, understanding that food and shelter are fundamental human rights. PERC believes that with help there is hope. We believe that every person deserves dignity, respe See more details
New York, NY 10004 20.53 miles from city center New Providence
(646) 588-0030 Get HelpIf you need help escaping domestic abuse or are a family in need of shelter call:NYCís 24-hour Domestic Violence Hotline800-621-4673National Domestic Violence Hotline800-787-3224NYC Gay and Lesbian Anti-Violence Project21 See more details
Hackensack, NJ 07601 22.53 miles from city center New Providence
201-336-6475 Services Provided:
Links to Community Services
The center is designed to serve individual men and women who are homeless, individuals and families who are precariously housed, and others who require lin See more details
Hackensack, NJ 07601 23.15 miles from city center New Providence
201-968-0200 The 1st Stop Program provides a single point of entry for low-income families to access life changing public benefits. Available services include comprehensive needs assessment, benefit screening, information and referral, case management. advocacy, counseling and follow-up.
Services See more details
Ridgewood, NJ 07450 24.33 miles from city center New Providence
201-833-8009 Emergency Shelter for homeless working families.
The Family Promise Network is a sheltering program for homeless families with dependent children, accommodating up to 14 people at a time. Local congregations host the families overnight on a weekly rotating basis. Volunteers from hos See more details
Middletown, NJ 07734 26.58 miles from city center New Providence
732 495-1050 Our mission is to provide food, shelter and comprehensive services to homeless families in Monmouth County in cooperation with a network of interfaith congregations, while advocating innovative solutions to chronic homelessness.
ShelterOur s See more details
Newton, NJ 07860 30.76 miles from city center New Providence
(973) 383 - 3600 Provides emergency funds and services to eligible households for homeless prevention, becoming homeless. Assistance is subject to the availability of funds, and not an entitlement. Utility shut-offs, temporary rental assistance, relocation and permanent housing.
Homel See more details