New Canaan Homeless Shelters & Services For The Needy
Welcome to our New Canaan, Connecticut Homeless Shelters and Services for the needy page. Below are all of the homeless shelters and services for the needy that provide help to those in need for New Canaan, CT and surrounding cities.
We also provide other homeless resources such as transitional resources for the homeless. Homeless clinic and treatment center resources are also provided on the right navigational bar.
Many shelters also provide services such as alcohol and drug rehab treatment along with clinics. I try to provide as much information as possible on my details pages.
Norwalk, CT 06854 5.46 miles from city center New Canaan
(203) 866-1057 Single night and short term shelter. Supportive housing and transitional housing. Permanent housing transition. In addition, provides food, clothing, case management service, treatment services, education, and employment.
We provide shelter nightly with over 95 beds in our facility loc See more details
Norwalk, CT 06855 5.48 miles from city center New Canaan
(203) 857-0088 Malta House is a shelter for homeless, single mothers either pregnant or with babies under age three. Malta House is open 365 days with 24 hour supervision. Besides safe shelter, MH expects all women to participate in the entire program that will make them better mothers and contributing community See more details
Stamford, CT 06901 6.47 miles from city center New Canaan
(203) 388-0100 NOTE: We are part of a coordinated access network in the state of CT, so the only way to actually get into the shelter system here is to call 211 We are one of the largest providers of homeless services in CT. We serve single w See more details
Westport, CT 06880 7.04 miles from city center New Canaan
203-226-3426 Provides permanent temporary and emergency housing for men women and families who are homeless or at risk of becoming homeless.
Mission: Homes with Hope, a not-for-profit agency with an IRS 501(c)(3) designation, is a local grassroots response to the tragedy of homelessness. With a cari See more details
Stamford, CT 6904 7.36 miles from city center New Canaan
(203)964-8228 Soup Kitchen and Day Shelter.
We are open every day to the public and provide three meals daily to anyone hungry. We also have a food pantry program that distributes bagged groceries to individual and families every Tuesday each month. New Covenant House is the only soup kitchen in the See more details
Stamford, CT 06902 7.37 miles from city center New Canaan
203-348-2792 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, food - breakfast and dinner. Pacific House is a men's emergency shelter which typically serves 60-85
men each night but often serves 100 or more men during the winter
months. It operates 365 days, 24 hours per day, and provides breakfast
and See more details
Fairfield, CT 06824 12.39 miles from city center New Canaan
(203) 292-5588 Emergency shelter for single adults and families with children (maximum of one female adult and up to 3 children; 4 people per family unit); Intake hours 24/7. The shelter provides three meals a day, counseling, showers, laundry facilities, and clothing. Support services are provided to evaluate and See more details
Bridgeport, CT 06605 15.22 miles from city center New Canaan
203-333-4087 Men's ShelterOur Men’s Shelter accommodates homeless guests who need short-term temporary housing. In addition to safe and comfortable beds, our shelter care offers hot meals, clean clothing, cleansing showers and personal hygiene items while men work to get back on their feet. Ofte See more details
Valhalla, NY 10595 15.39 miles from city center New Canaan
(914) 231-4200 Shelter for homeless men, women, and couples without children. Capacity: 149 beds. Call for referral information. See more details
Bridgeport, CT 06604 15.67 miles from city center New Canaan
(203) 576-9041 Homeless Shelter for 18 and older. Emergency shelter for single adults includes meals and referrals to health and social services; intake hours: 24 hr 7 days.
32 bed shelter.
provides emergency shelter to thirty-two adults on a daily basis. Prospect House provides comprehensive case m See more details
White Plains, NY 10601 15.76 miles from city center New Canaan
(914) 949-3098 Lifting Up Westchester restores hope to Westchester County’s men, women
and children in need by providing them with food, shelter and
support and lifting them to greater self-sufficiency with dignity and
respect. For almost four decades, Lifting Up Westch See more details
White Plains, NY 10601 16.16 miles from city center New Canaan
(914) 948-3075 Samaritan House provides temporary shelter and rehabilitative services to homeless women suffering from substance abuse, mental illness, domestic violence, HIV/AIDS and those just out of prison on parole. 19-bed shelter provides comprehensive services as well as individualized treat See more details
White Plains, NY 10601 16.40 miles from city center New Canaan
914-995-2000 Hours: Mon-Fri 8:30 am-5:00 pmProvides the referrals for temporary shelter to homeless families, singles, and childless couples in the county. The office has a contractual relationship with not-for-profit agencies for the provision of case management services, shelt See more details
White Plains, NY 10601 16.40 miles from city center New Canaan
914-948-5044 Open Arms provides a full range of shelter and rehabilitative services for up to 38 single, homeless men 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. The shelter also operates an Emergency Center where individuals who would otherwise have to spend their nights on the streets can receive emergency overnight shelt See more details
Bridgeport, CT 06608 16.71 miles from city center New Canaan
(203) 367-5830 Emergency shelters for families; intake hours: Call first to see if there is a waiting list.
The shelters provides lunch and dinner and cold breakfast items.
To be eligible: Families including pregnant women; Residents who have left the shelter cannot return to the shelter for two years aft See more details
Bridgeport, CT 06606 16.72 miles from city center New Canaan
203-540-5449 Women's ShelterOur Emergency Shelter accommodates single women who need short-term temporary housing. In addition to safe and comfortable beds, our shelter care offers hot meals, clean clothing, cleansing showers and personal hygiene items while women work to get back on their feet. Ofte See more details
Bridgeport, CT 06610 17.16 miles from city center New Canaan
(203) 610-8296 The Seaview Apartment Program provides permanent, supportive housing for sixteen (16) individuals who are chronically homeless at the time of admission and who are also living with psychiatric disorders, substance use disorders and/or HIV/AIDS.
This supportive housing program is unique See more details
Danbury, CT 06810 17.26 miles from city center New Canaan
(203) 796-1661 Hours of operation: 9 PM—9 AM
Homeless shelter for 18 and older.
Emergency Shelter services for homeless adults without children. Thirty (30) days maximum stay. Admission criteria must be met.
Shower & bathroom
See more details
Danbury, CT 06810 17.28 miles from city center New Canaan
203796-1661 20 bed shelter, 30 day stay for free. 5 beds for women, 5 beds dedicated to homeless veterans, 10 beds for males - all over the age of 18. Support services offered by various social service agencies/organizations. Will assist in placement for drug and alcohol abuse. See more details
Danbury, CT 06810 17.54 miles from city center New Canaan
(203) 797-8606 â€Ž This is an overflow homeless shelter. It is not open all year long. Generally during the winter it opens up. Check out the website for current news and whether or not the shelter is currently open and accepting people. See more details
Danbury, CT 06810 17.80 miles from city center New Canaan
203-349-2428 Program Hours
Morning Glory Breakfast Program serves a hot and healthy meal to the hungry and homeless of the Danbury area. Operating out of 15 Spring Street in Danbury, the program in conveniently located to the homeless shelters. Morning Glory serves a hot breakfast and p See more details
Stratford, CT 06615 18.13 miles from city center New Canaan
(203)377-0072 A Transitional Housing Program for Families with low income, homeless or in process to become homeless. Bethlehem House I & II provides each family their own apartment, located in a quiet and safe environment in Stratford. There are eight furnished apartments, two apartments with 4 bedrooms and See more details
New Rochelle, NY 10801 22.30 miles from city center New Canaan
(914) 235-2607 A 32 bed shelter which offers temporary shelter, clean bedding, and three meals per day for men and women who are faced with homelessness. The shelter is also handicapped accessible. Men and women allowed.
Oasis will continue to operate in its normal capacity as an emergency overnigh See more details
Yonkers, NY 10701 25.42 miles from city center New Canaan
914-963-2626 Temporary Homeless Shelter for men due to the closing of the Sharing Community Men's Drop In Center. Up to 50 men can be provided food and shelter at a time at this shelter location. If they reach capacity, people in need will be provided transportation to anot See more details
Hauppauge, NY 11788 25.88 miles from city center New Canaan
(631) 853-8714 Persons who are homeless or in danger of becoming homeless should apply for assistance at a Social Services Center. Apply in Person as early as possible, between the hours of 8:00 am â€“ 3:00 pm. A DSS emergency services unit worker will assess the individualâ€™s needs. The person may ha See more details
Bronix, NY 10467 26.91 miles from city center New Canaan
(718) 684-8886 NYC Department of Homeless Services shelter which provides 200 beds for men. Social Services Provided at shelter:assistance with benefits and gathering vital documentshousing case management See more details
Deer Park, NY 11729 28.27 miles from city center New Canaan
(631) 854-6600 Persons who are homeless or in danger of becoming homeless should apply for assistance at a Social Services Center. Apply in Person as early as possible, between the hours of 8:00 am â€“ 3:00 pm. A DSS emergency services unit worker will assess the individualâ€™s needs. The person may ha See more details
Brentwood, NY 11717 28.46 miles from city center New Canaan
(631) 231-3619 Transitional Services of New York for Long Island, Inc. (TSLI) and Haven House/Bridges, Inc. (HHB) are charitable organizations that have provided housing and support services for over thirty years to people in need.HHB provides emergency housing for homeless families in Suffolk County t See more details
Bronx, NY 10474 30.68 miles from city center New Canaan
(718) 893-3606 The only 24 hour drop in center for homeless in the Bronx.Our Safe Havens are temporary shelters for homeless adults. The Barretto Street Safe Haven (in the same building as the Living Room) has 50 beds for homeless adults The Pyramid See more details
Queens, NY 11369 32.74 miles from city center New Canaan
Temporary family homeless shelter. Provides for 169 families.The Landing provides comprehensive social services designed to prepare and return families to independent living in permanent housing as quickly as possible. Each family has an individualized service plan that outlines their un See more details