Los Altos Homeless Shelters & Services For The Needy
Welcome to our Los Altos, California Homeless Shelters and Services for the needy page. Below are all of the homeless shelters and services for the needy that provide help to those in need for Los Altos, CA and surrounding cities.
We also provide other homeless resources such as transitional resources for the homeless. Homeless clinic and treatment center resources are also provided on the right navigational bar.
Many shelters also provide services such as alcohol and drug rehab treatment along with clinics. I try to provide as much information as possible on my details pages.
Mountain View, CA 94041 1.87 miles from city center Los Altos
(650)685-5880 Interim housing and services for single men and women. Graduate House provides Permanent Supportive Housing for formerly homeless individuals. The program has the capacity to house up to 8 men and women. For more information contact InnVision Property Management See more details
Palo Alto, CA 94301 4.67 miles from city center Los Altos
(650) 299-8700 The Opportunity Center of the Mid peninsula, is an affordable apartment complex and service center for homeless and extremely low income families and individuals.
The Opportunity Center includes 88 affordable apartm See more details
Palo Alto, CA 94301 6.02 miles from city center Los Altos
(650) 853-8672 ServicesThe Opportunity Center’s Bredt Family Center for women, children and families is open from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Friday.The Opportunity Service Center for individuals is open from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday.The service centers are man See more details
East Palo Alto, CA 94303 7.44 miles from city center Los Altos
650-330-7432 Shelter Network network referral area for shelter. Contact El Concillo's social workers to arrange intake to a shelter or other resources for help. See more details
East Palo Alto, CA 94303 7.45 miles from city center Los Altos
650.330.8000 We are an ADULT ONLY shelter. In order to stay at the WeHOPE shelter you must obtain a referral from a San Mateo County Core Agency or a Santa Clara County EAN. Door open at 4:30PM and all clients leave the following morning by 8AM. We serve a hot dinner and a continental breakfast 7 days a week. See more details
Menlo Park, CA 94065 8.43 miles from city center Los Altos
650-325-8719 Shelter Network is committed to providing housing and support services that create opportunities for homeless families and individuals to re-establish self-sufficiency and to return to permanent homes of their own.
To be eligible for one of Shelter Network's programs, a family or indi See more details
San Jose, CA 95128 9.12 miles from city center Los Altos
(408) 975-2739 Our 12-bed shelter is the only domestic violence shelter in Santa Clara County that focuses on the Asian community, and we are one of only nine shelters focusing on Asian and Pacific Islander domestic violence victims in the entire continental U.S. Asian Women’s Home is an equal opportunity service See more details
San Jose, CA 95131 9.87 miles from city center Los Altos
(408) 232-5600 In San Jose, CityTeam Ministries is providing hot meals, safe shelter, showers, and clean clothing to this city's homeless population. CityTeam also has a wonderful staff that care for and meet the needs of the youth and families in San Jose. A recovery program is in place for those men and women t See more details
Redwood City, CA 94061 9.91 miles from city center Los Altos
650-364-8264 Interim shelter and services for 9 families.LifeMoves programs are free of charge for the people we serve and our team provides far more than temporary shelter. In exchange, mandatory and full engagement in our programming is required by all participants. Hard work and accountability are See more details
San Jose, CA 95112 10.64 miles from city center Los Altos
(408) 279-2962 Next Door Solutions to Domestic Violence creates paths for women to achieve safety, stability, and self-sufficiency.
Domestic violence crosses all socio-economic, ethnic and religious boundaries and affects every part of the lives damaged by it.
Although the problem is See more details
San Jose, CA 95112 10.82 miles from city center Los Altos
(408) 271-1630 Provides interim shelter and supportive services to 12 families and 15 single women experiencing homelessness in San Jose. See more details
San Jose, CA 95110 10.84 miles from city center Los Altos
(408) 271-5160 Montgomery: 85 beds for men, short & long term housing, including job development programs
Daytime drop-in center: for singles and families with 300 individuals served daily
Hours and Days of Access:
7pm - 8am daily
Additional Service Details:
Montgomery Street Inn houses two shelter pr See more details
San Jose, CA 95110 10.85 miles from city center Los Altos
(408) 271-5160 Montgomery Street Inn (MSI) provides emergency and transitional housing for up to 90 single adult men per night with case management, Veteran's services, medical respite care, and other support services.Veteran Services include:Veterans Medical Respite (VMR) at MSI serves up See more details
San Jose, CA 95112 11.08 miles from city center Los Altos
(408) 288-2153â€¨ Every night our homeless guests at the Rescue Mission are provided with food, a hot shower, toiletries, clean clothes, and a freshly laundered bed. A hot meal is often the first step to helping a homeless person get off the streets. Our dinning hall serves men, women and children every night startin See more details
San Jose, CA 95112 11.08 miles from city center Los Altos
(408) 293-4657â€¨ Drop in between 4:00 - 5:00pm for bed availability.
Drug and alcohol program. Free showers Mon., Wed., Fri. 9:30-10:30am. 10 days per month free, fee charged thereafter. Overnight emergency shelter for men. Mandatory chapel service attendance required.
Here at the Cit See more details
San Jose, CA 95112 11.37 miles from city center Los Altos
(408) 282-1175 The Emmanuel House has been serving Santa Clara County since 1966 and endeavors to provide the services needed to answer the questions of homelessness. The Emmanuel House has a full range of services to adult men needing assistance to make the final move from homelessness. The Emmanuel House is also See more details
San Jose, CA 95125 11.44 miles from city center Los Altos
(408) 294-2100 The BRC serves homeless adults year-round, providing emergency shelter and an array of supportive services including job search and placement, mental health services, a medical clinic, case management, legal assistance, and housing search assistance.
Hours of Operation
See more details
San Jose, CA 95112 11.59 miles from city center Los Altos
(408) 297-8330 We are a small faith-based shelter serving women and children. We provide (long-term) transitional housing. We require guests to work if they are able. The shelter is very homelike, peaceful, and comfortable. We are a drug, alcohol, and smoke-free environment. The length of a guest's stay is de See more details
San Jose, CA 95112 11.65 miles from city center Los Altos
(408) 294-1238 Home for pregnant women. Homelessness continues to be a difficult and complex issue for the Bay Area. The rise in the cost of living, the lack of affordable housing, and sudden layoffs are part of the picture. For pregnant women, homelessness can mean a frustra See more details
Newark, CA 94560 12.01 miles from city center Los Altos
(510) 792-4357 Emergency shelter for individuals and families. Maximum stay is two weeks for individuals, three weeks for families. Drug and alcohol programs available. Four centers located in Newark, Fremont, Union City, and Hayward. No fee except for drug diversion or DUI programs. Call 24-hour phone line, See more details
San Jose, CA 95112 12.14 miles from city center Los Altos
408-294-2853 Offers a work based transitional housing program. Will provide food, clothes, and shelter to homeless individuals who are willing to fund-raise money for themselves and the facility. 0-50% of the earnings will go to the house and the individual.
Our purpose is to provide our residents w See more details
San Jose, CA 95133 12.59 miles from city center Los Altos
408.926.8885 Our San Jose Family Shelter is the only emergency shelter in Santa Clara County that houses 35 one and two parent families for up to 90 days. Each family lives in their own apartment style private room and bathroom. Our 50,000 square foot building includes a commercial kitchen, communal dining room, See more details
San Jose, CA 95110 12.75 miles from city center Los Altos
(408) 278-2160 The Housing Program helps people with financial assistance to prevent them from becoming homeless, or, to keep them stably housed. We assist with past-due rent, rental deposit, utilities (PG&E), and Section 8 rental deposit.
The Housing Program provides assistance to the following See more details
Fremont, CA 94539 12.77 miles from city center Los Altos
(510) 252-0910 Homeless ShelterEmergency and transitional shelter for individuals and families with children. Provides job counseling, support groups, and other services. There is a waiting list for families. This is a 24-hour program. Office hours are from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm daily. The length of stay is eva See more details
San Jose, CA 95118 13.62 miles from city center Los Altos
408-793-0550 Offers text messages in the event of an emergency, Inclement Weather Episodes and shelter availability, or housing-related issues. Text HOMELESS888777 The Office of Supportive Housing’s (OSH) mission is to increase the supply o See more details
Fremont, CA 94538 14.66 miles from city center Los Altos
510-574-2250 Office HoursMonday â€“ Friday:9:00 am â€“ 5:00 pm24-Hour Hotline(510) 794-6055SAVE provides a safety net of services. We are far more than simply a "domestic violence shelter."SAVE's continuum of free services aid a very diverse clientele in the See more details
Pescadero, CA 94060 17.25 miles from city center Los Altos
650-879-1691 Shelter Network network referral area for shelter. Contact the Community Resource Center Puente's social workers to arrange intake to a shelter or other resources for help.
Puente itself provides mental health counseling and support to dozens of families and individuals, including th See more details
San Mateo, CA 94401 18.64 miles from city center Los Altos
(650) 343-4403 PFRC is a homelessness prevention program, whose mission is to assist with basic survival necessities & wellness support to families & individuals at risk of homelessness.Need Help?
Please call (650) 343-4403
Monday-Friday 9 am – 12 pm, 1 pm – 4 pm< See more details
San Mateo, CA 94401 19.38 miles from city center Los Altos
(650) 340-8814 Interim shelter and services for 39 families.
Case Management: Our trained Case Managers support clients' unique needs, helping them manage budgets, connect with resources, and make active progress toward regaining permanent housing.
Housing an See more details
Hayward, CA 94544 19.60 miles from city center Los Altos
(510) 224-4647 Images On The Rise has been serving the homeless people of the community since 1992. We provide housing for men, women and women with children. Job training in housing management, construction, real estate and sales and marketing.
We also work with parolees, those with HIV/AIDS, ment See more details
Burlingame, CA 94010 20.09 miles from city center Los Altos
6506855880 Shelter Network is committed to providing housing and support services that create opportunities for homeless families and individuals to re-establish self-sufficiency and to return to permanent homes of their own. See more details
Hayward, CA 94541 20.59 miles from city center Los Altos
(510) 732-5956 Homeless Shelter for Mentally DisabledProvides emergency housing and non-residential services (housing, income and employment assistance) to the mentally disabled homeless in Southern Alameda County. Call between 9:00 am and 4:00 pm, Monday through Friday.ServicesReferral thr See more details
Hayward, CA 94541 20.86 miles from city center Los Altos
(888) 886-9660 Provides assistance in locating shelter space or low-cost housing, gives general information, and makes assessments and referrals to social services agencies. Call between 10:00 am and 4:00 pm. After 4:00 pm, the answering machine gives information on local shelter availability. See more details
Hayward, CA 94541 21.23 miles from city center Los Altos
510-7861246 The mission of Ruby's Place is to provide prevention and supportive services to the community and people impacted by domestic violence, human trafficking or homelessness. Rubyâ€™s Place provides shelter and support services to women and their children, who are homeless for any of the fol See more details
Hayward, CA 94541 21.26 miles from city center Los Altos
(510) 581-3223 ServicesMcKinney Linkages ProgramA two-year program providing housing subsidies/support services to families, living in apartments/houses scattered throughout the community, while a parent attends school/vocational training. Families pay 30% of the See more details
Hayward, CA 94541 21.62 miles from city center Los Altos
(510) 886-5473 Family Shelter
Must call first, intakes only over the phone. Week-to-week shelter for adults with dependent minors. Offers counseling, job placement, housing assistance family counseling, employment referrals, social services, medical facilities, and mental health care for residents. The focus is o See more details
Hayward, CA 94541 21.62 miles from city center Los Altos
(510) 581-3223 FESCO provides medium-term assistance to homeless families with children, including fathers and adolescent male children. Services include housing, food, and counseling.Services ProvidedMcKinney Linkages ProgramA two-year program providing housing subsidies/support services t See more details
Burlingame, CA 94010 21.99 miles from city center Los Altos
650-652-1103 HOME & HOPE serves homeless families in San Mateo County.
To provide a safe haven for homeless families while helping them to regain long term self sufficiency and
To raise community consciousness on the issue of homelessness by actively engaging vol See more details
El Granada, CA 94018 22.45 miles from city center Los Altos
(650) 726-9071 Our client base comprises about 15% of the population of the mid-coast and includes: the working poor, the homeless, seniors living below the poverty level, the disabled, and families and/or individuals in crisis.We serve people of all ages, from infants to senior citizens.Employed clien See more details
South San Francisco, CA 94080 24.77 miles from city center Los Altos
650-873-4921 Hours: Daily 5:30 p.m - 7 a.m.The Shelter offers emergency and short-term housing options in a 90-bed and 10-cot shelter: safety, warmth, sustenance, and healthcare are the essentials we start with to help the homeless become self-sufficient. Comprehensive, personalized case m See more details
San Leandro, CA 94577 24.91 miles from city center Los Altos
(866) 292-9688 The San Leandro Shelter offers 24â€“hour staffing and client services for 30 women and children. Along with food and shelter, staff provides case management, resources, referrals, advocacy, and household items for residents moving beyond shelter. See more details
Santa Cruz, CA 95060 26.72 miles from city center Los Altos
831-458-6020 Currently experiencing homelessness? Learn about the resources available from Housing Matters and other community agencies by clicking any of the buttons below. If you would like to reach out directly, please contact us at 831-458-6020.Housing Matters runs four shelt See more details
Livermore, CA 94551 28.26 miles from city center Los Altos
(925) 443-3680 We provide residential and
mental health and case management services for women who come from
backgrounds of being incarcerated, battered, homeless, and drug and
See more details
Livermore, CA 94550 28.43 miles from city center Los Altos
(800) 884-8119 Now entering our fourth decade, Tri-Valley Haven continues to be a vital community resource serving adults and children who have experienced domestic violence, sexual assault, or homelessness.
If you are not in immediate physical danger, but are in a threatening or abusive environment See more details
Pacifica, CA 94044 28.45 miles from city center Los Altos
650-738-7385 Office Hours:Mon:8:30 am - 5:30 pmTue:8:30 am - 5:30 pmWed:8:30 am - 7:30 pmThu:8:30 am - 5:30 pmFri:8:30 am - 1:30 pmClosed 12:30-1:30 pm Mon-ThShelter Network network referral area for shelter. Contact the Pacfica Resour See more details
Livermore, CA 94551 28.46 miles from city center Los Altos
(888) 216-4776 We have provided Christ-centered services and housing to over 11,000 battered and homeless women and children.Shepherd's Gate has earned a reputation for rebuilding shattered lives.
Since 1984, we have provided Christ-centered services and housing to
over 9,000 battered and homeless See more details
San Francisco, CA 94134 29.55 miles from city center Los Altos
415-722-9517 Holy Ghost Service Center is a drop in center for people to get a shower, have something to eat. Hours are Tuesday - Saturday 10am -2pm, 5pm - 9pm.
Holy Ghost Service Center also offers beds for men who have become displace. First come first serve.
See more details
San Francisco, CA 94124 30.05 miles from city center Los Altos
642-0234 Emergency ShelterDuring the regular season, we operate an emergency shelter site to sleep homeless men, women and families at the Providence Baptist Church (PBC). This site houses up to 125 homeless clients nightly. We operate also at the First Friendship Institutional Baptist Church (FFIBC), See more details
Daly City, CA 94025 30.80 miles from city center Los Altos
650-991-8007 Shelter Network network referral area for shelter. Contact the Daly City Community Service Center social workers to arrange intake to a shelter or other resources for help. See more details
San Francisco, CA 94110 31.35 miles from city center Los Altos
(415) 751-7110 Women Shelter. Our direct services include our nationally recognized shelter
program, language advocacy program, crisis line, case management,
and programs in support of underserved communities such as queer
Asian survivors and trafficked survivors. Asian Women's Shelter (AWS) was fou See more details
San Francisco, CA 94110 32.27 miles from city center Los Altos
(415) 550-4478 10 family homeless shelter. For Families only. No longer a men's shelter.The St. Josephâ€™s Family Center program provides families emergency shelter, three meals daily, on-site case management, counseling and crisis intervention. In addition, St. Josephâ€™s offers money management and j See more details
San Francisco, CA 94110 32.54 miles from city center Los Altos
(415) 869-7977 Hours: Monday â€“ Friday: 7:00AM â€“ Noon and 2:00 â€“ 7:00PM (open until 8:00 PM on Thursdays)Saturday: 7:00AM â€“ Noon.Shelter reservations for one night and weekend stays are taken in the afternoons at the Shelter Reservation sites noted above. This must be done in p See more details
San Francisco, CA 94103 32.79 miles from city center Los Altos
(415) 503-0500 Women's Shelter.24 Hour Crisis Line: 1.877.503.1850Text Line: 415-200-3575Drop In CenterLa Casa de las Madres' Drop In Center embodies our commitment to providing a comprehensive continuum of care for victims and survivors o See more details