Hughesville Homeless Shelters & Services For The Needy
Welcome to our Hughesville, Maryland Homeless Shelters and Services for the needy page. Below are all of the homeless shelters and services for the needy that provide help to those in need for Hughesville, MD and surrounding cities.
We also provide other homeless resources such as transitional resources for the homeless. Homeless clinic and treatment center resources are also provided on the right navigational bar.
Many shelters also provide services such as alcohol and drug rehab treatment along with clinics. I try to provide as much information as possible on my details pages.
Hughesville, MD 20637 (301) 274-0680 Domestic violence shelter. Emergency & transitional shelter. Meals Counseling. Also serves battered women and their children. 301-274-0680.Angelís Watch Shelter accepts referrals from Calvert, Charles and St. Maryís counties (Department of Social Services); Charl See more details
LaPlata, MD 20646 10.39 miles from city center Hughesville
301-392-6400 Emergency shelter placement. Food Counseling, case management. Assistance with benefits applications. 301-934-2222 (after-hours) See more details
La Plata, MD 20646 10.39 miles from city center Hughesville
(301) 392-6724 Assists the family with crises, including food and shelter emergencies, and provides counseling services to assist the family to overcome problems of parenting, parent-child conflict and family dysfunction.
Eligibility: Families with children and vulnerable adults.
Hours: Mon-Fri, See more details
Prince Frederick, MD 20678 10.70 miles from city center Hughesville
410-535-0309 Emergency shelter placements. Food pantry, Financial assistance for utilities, mortgage, eviction, medical(prescriptions) as funds permit. See more details
Prince Frederick, MD 20678 10.90 miles from city center Hughesville
(443) 550-6900 Assists families with crises, including crises with food and shelter. Also provides counseling services to enhance parents ability to create a safe, stable and nurturing home environment that promotes healthy child development and family functioning.
Can provide case management which See more details
Prince Frederick, MD 20678 10.92 miles from city center Hughesville
(410) 535-0044 Emergency shelter. Meals Area agency referral. Our "new" 40 bed house was built in 2010.Temporary Shelter for up to 90 daysWhat kind of shelter are we:We are a transitional shelter. Our aim is to create a living area where the residents can take time out from surviving See more details
Leonardtown, MD 20650 17.77 miles from city center Hughesville
240-895-7001 Emergency shelter placement. Counseling, case management. Assistance with applying for benefits. Job development. Lexington Park: 240-725-5700/5701, 301-475-8016 (DSS Crisis Line) See more details
Tucson, WA 98405 19.39 miles from city center Hughesville
740-954-0776? Provides clean and sober transitional housing for single adults experiencing homelessness on an interview and invitation basis. Open house ever Tuesday night with liturgy. Also offers weekday services for the homeless.At Guadalupe House, we provide clean and sober transitional ho See more details
Fort Belvoir, VA 22060 23.69 miles from city center Hughesville
703-799-0200 Must call to get on waiting list, call back for availability.The Kennedy Shelter is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.ServicesServices include case management, advocacy, employment assistance, housing assistance, meals, and connection with community resources and progr See more details
Alexandria, VA 22314 24.23 miles from city center Hughesville
(703)746-3660 ACS is a City-owned 64 bed year round emergency shelter serving men, women, and families providing housing-focused case management, education training, job training, referral services, and behavioral health treatment services. VOAC offers case management services to all clients and assists wit See more details
Washington, DC 20032 24.69 miles from city center Hughesville
(202) 561-4014 Hours: 7 pm to 7 am, dailyEmergency ShelterCatholic Charities 801 East Menís Shelter is a low-barrier shelter program open to anyone who identifies as male 18 years and older. The program offers a hot dinner, access to case management staff, See more details
Capitol Heights, MD 20743 24.79 miles from city center Hughesville
301-808-5317 Emergency shelter. Transitional housing. Meals, housing, counseling, substance abuse counseling. Mental health counseling. Employment & training services See more details
Seat Pleasant, MD 20743 25.58 miles from city center Hughesville
301-499-2319 Emergency winter shelter. Transitional housing. End of November to end of March. Shelter Hotline: 1-888-731-0999 See more details
Washington, DC 20002 25.59 miles from city center Hughesville
202-678-2341 Calvary Women's Services provides women who are homeless in DC "a safe caring place for tonight; support, hope and change for tomorrow.
Calvary's mission is two-fold: To provide homeless women with a place to live and basic services and to help educate and empower women for independent See more details
Washington, DC 20019 25.77 miles from city center Hughesville
(202) 724-3932 Provides temporary emergency shelter and social services for homeless families. Referrals accepted from Virginia Williams Family Resource Center only.
See our other listing in Washington DC for the Williams Family Resource Center in order to gain admittance to this location.
Eligibilit See more details
Alexandria, VA 22304 27.14 miles from city center Hughesville
(703)548-7500 Carpenter's Shelter is the largest homeless shelter in Northern Virginia, serving over 325 homeless men, women and children each year. Our 80 bed facility is located just north of Old Town Alexandria, VA.
Carpenter's Shelter is more than just a roof; we continuously work with our resi See more details
Capitol Heights, MD 20743 27.18 miles from city center Hughesville
(301) 322-5700 Emergency Shelter for Women and Children. Our 100Ėbed emergency facility is operated and monitored 24 hours a day, 365 days a year by caring professionals. Our case management staff uses the Continuum of Care Model, which helps to effectively coordinate and link clients to resources. Our primary g See more details
Capitol Heights, MD 20743 27.18 miles from city center Hughesville
301-386-4444 CCSI Hotline - 1-888-731-0999
Capacity: 20 beds for women, 80 beds for families.
Population: Residents of Prince George's County; women and children only.
Services: Case management services with linkages to all appropriate resources & services; educational training, GED, computers, See more details
Washington, DC 20002 27.75 miles from city center Hughesville
202.618.3345 This is Transitional Housing, not a homeless shelter.
Hyacinth's Place is 15 individual affordable transitional housing units for previously homeless women with a mental health diagnosis. We provide our women with apartments of one bedroom and a small bathroom while we work to put them See more details
Arlington, VA 22204 27.79 miles from city center Hughesville
703-228-0022 The Residential Program Center Shelter is a 44 bed shelter for men and 12 women, run in partnership with Arlington County Department of Human Services. New Hope Housing took over operations of RPC on February 3rd, 2020.EligibilityShelter is available for adults only. See more details
Arlington, VA 22204 27.80 miles from city center Hughesville
703-228-0022 Located in Arlington, Virginia, Volunteers of America Chesapeake's Residential Program Center provides three crucial services - non-medical detoxification, substance abuse recovery and homeless services for single adults - all under one roof.
We have a 12 bed Detoxification Unit provi See more details
Washington, DC 20001 27.91 miles from city center Hughesville
(202) 727-2832 Provides residential housing and supportive services to 85 homeless men. Services include food, substance abuse counseling, case management, employment and housing placement assistance. Washers and dryers are available on the site. Dormitory style-sleeping with 20 men per dorm. Projected length of s See more details
Washington, DC 20001 27.94 miles from city center Hughesville
(202) 393-1909 The 1,350-Bed Federal City Shelter is the largest and most comprehensive facility of its kind in America.
We also provide clothing to our residents. Donors, including stores, contribute thousands of pounds of clothing and shoes to CCNV's residents each year. Surplus clothing is sold in The Tr See more details
Washington, DC 20001 27.94 miles from city center Hughesville
(202) 508-0500 Located at 2nd & D, NW, spanning the entire block, and with the capacity to house well over a thousand people, Federal City Shelter FCS is the largest shelter in the country. JHP maintains a ‚Äúbusiness center‚ÄĚ in the lobby that gives shelter residents access to free computers, internet, pho See more details
Washington, DC 20001 28.09 miles from city center Hughesville
(202)745-7118 We are near Union Station.
We provide a safe night's sleep for overnight guests, and a 220-acre retreat and conference center for rest and recreation.Provides overnight shelter for 120 men. Offers two meals and showers. It is advisable to call the shelter to see if there See more details
Washington, DC 20002 28.45 miles from city center Hughesville
Provides emergency overnight shelter (126 beds) for men over age 18 on a first-come first served basis. Men who stay in the shelter have a reserved bed for the following night if they return to the shelter by 9:00 pm. Services provided include a sandwich, snack, access to showers and case management See more details
Falls Church, VA 22041 28.84 miles from city center Hughesville
(703) 820-7621 50 bed emergency shelter for adult men and women, open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. Hypothermia prevention services are offered at BCCS from November 1 to March 31. No one is turned away from shelter.Services Community Case Managemen See more details
Washington, DC 20001 28.95 miles from city center Hughesville
(202) 682-1005 Provides a safe daytime shelter for homeless and formerly homeless women. Offers meals (breakfast and lunch), daily NA meetings, education/training programs, support groups, case management, mental health referrals and access to showers and a laundry. Women in need of overnight shelter are referred See more details
Washington, DC 20010 29.00 miles from city center Hughesville
2025031523 Thrive DC is a homeless service organization providing an onsite breakfast (for anyone) and dinner (women and children only) and a lunch to go, as well as offering job training, employment preparedness services, access to showers, laundry, a computer lab, mail and phones. We distribute hygiene suppl See more details
Washington, DC 20005 29.11 miles from city center Hughesville
(202) 939-2060 Bethany Women's Center and Case Management
Bethany Women's Center is a drop in program that offers women safe respite from the streets, support for basic needs, and access to resources and opportunities to help them move out of homelessness.
Each day, 80 to 100 women receive b See more details
Washington, DC 20018 29.18 miles from city center Hughesville
1-800-535-7252 Serves as the intake center for the majority of emergency shelters and housing for homeless families in the District of Columbia. Families seeking emergency assistance and housing are screened to determine if they are eligible for temporary emergency housing. Other services provided at the site inc See more details
Arlington, VA 22206 29.48 miles from city center Hughesville
703-228-7803 A-SPAN provides life-sustaining services for Arlington's street homeless. Ourmission is to secure permanent housing for one of Arlington's most vulnerablepopulations through outreach and relationships built on trust and respect.Homeless Bagged Meal ProgramToday, volunte See more details
Arlington, VA 22201 29.50 miles from city center Hughesville
(703)525-7177 Emergency shelter for families and single females is provided through an agreement with Bridges to Independence. Sullivan House is a 50-bed facility in a County-owned building.The program provides shelter and case management services to homeless families leading to employment, perma See more details
Washington, DC 20007 29.71 miles from city center Hughesville
(202) 338-8301 Provides homeless people and people at risk of becoming homeless information, referrals, casework, advocacy, winter shelter and street outreach services. Services are mainly focused on Georgetown/Foggy Bottom area and are designed not only to get people off the street but to keep them off. See more details
Arlington, VA 22210 30.06 miles from city center Hughesville
703-504-9400 Women/Families with Children Transitional Housing - Family. Provides housing (21 beds), food, skill building opportunities, referrals and supportive counseling and goal planning services to women, children, and families experiencing homelessness. The typical length of stay at our homes is 90-1 See more details
Washington, DC 20001 30.12 miles from city center Hughesville
202.355.5155 Our Drop Inn-Community Center is the only Bilingual Multicultural LGBT safe space in Washington, DC open 6 days a week, Monday-Saturday from 12-8pm.Our goal is to support the most vulnerable in our LGBT community when need it most. Staff and volunteers working together to provide basic human service See more details
Washington, DC 20009 30.33 miles from city center Hughesville
(202) 756-2600 The Grate Patrol offers food, clothing, blankets, and outreach services to homeless men and women. A mobile canteen, staffed by volunteers, travels to primary locations where homeless people gather in the District. The van currently stops at 17th and Constitution, NW; 6th and Constitution, NW; and 2 See more details
Washington, DC 20009 30.40 miles from city center Hughesville
(202) 328-1100 Provides a 24-hour medical care facility and temporary residence for those who are both ill and homeless. Also offers comprehensive nutritional, pastoral, and social services. Staff make special arrangements for hospitalization, visits to medical specialists, and follow-up care as needed. See more details
Washington, DC 20011 30.54 miles from city center Hughesville
Provides residential housing and supportive services to 12 homeless men. Services include food, substance abuse counseling, case management, employment and housing placement assistance. Washers and dryers are available on the site. Dormitory style sleeping for 2-3 men per room. Projected length of s See more details
Falls Church, VA 22406 32.02 miles from city center Hughesville
(703)237-2035 Housing provider for homeless families with children under age 18.Homestretch is a Transformational Housing program. Housing is a vital component of the Homestretch program, but we see housing as the critical foundation upon which all the other work that leads to tra See more details