Brooklyn Homeless Shelters & Services For The Needy
Welcome to our Brooklyn , New York Homeless Shelters and Services for the needy page. Below are all of the homeless shelters and services for the needy that provide help to those in need for Brooklyn , NY and surrounding cities.
We also provide other homeless resources such as transitional resources for the homeless. Homeless clinic and treatment center resources are also provided on the right navigational bar.
Many shelters also provide services such as alcohol and drug rehab treatment along with clinics. I try to provide as much information as possible on my details pages.
Brooklyn, NY 11201 0.24 miles from city center Brooklyn
(888) 425-0501 The Tillary Street Women's Shelter is a 200-bed city-funded shelter for women with mental illness and co-morbid substance abuse disorders. Located in downtown Brooklyn. The shelter provides temporary housing, case management, housing referral and (more) placement services, and on-site medical and me See more details
Brooklyn, NY 11201 0.25 miles from city center Brooklyn
(718) 797-0285??? Opportunity House Menís Shelter in Downtown Brooklyn is a 62-bed shelter that provides temporary emergency housing in a safe, supportive, and drug-free facility for single men. Meals, 24/7 security and on-site comprehensive services including case management, housing assistance, creative arts therap See more details
Brooklyn, NY 11205 0.54 miles from city center Brooklyn
(718) 222-1300 Auburn Family Residence at 39 Auburn Place. Shelter in NYC. There have been numerous complaints against this shelter. See more details
New York, NY 10004 1.39 miles from city center Brooklyn
(646) 588-0030 Get HelpIf you need help escaping domestic abuse or are a family in need of shelter call:NYCís 24-hour Domestic Violence Hotline800-621-4673National Domestic Violence Hotline800-787-3224NYC Gay and Lesbian Anti-Violence Project21 See more details
New York City, NY 10002 1.60 miles from city center Brooklyn
(212) 226-6214 We offer safe, clean shelter for men and women each night.
Safe overnight shelter is offered daily at our Tribeca campus (90
Lafayette St). Intake takes place daily at 3 p.m. for women and 4 p.m.
Guests may st See more details
New York City, NY 10013 1.60 miles from city center Brooklyn
(212)226-6214 We offer safe, clean shelter for men and women each night.
Safe overnight shelter is offered daily at our Tribeca campus (90
Lafayette St). Intake takes place daily at 3 p.m. for women and 4 p.m.
Guests may stay overnight for up to 7 days. Amenities include:
- daily meals & See more details
New York, NY 10003 1.98 miles from city center Brooklyn
212-533-8400 First known as Manhattan Bowery Corporation, Project Renewal began life more than 46 years ago as a 48-bed alcohol detoxification program at the then-notorious Third Street Men's Shelter.
This was one of the nation's first successful treatment programs for "public inebriates," coming at a time wh See more details
New Yok, NY 10009 2.15 miles from city center Brooklyn
(212) 777-1010 Emergency Shelter, Supportive Housing Provider and Homelessness Prevention Non-Profit in New York City.If you are currently homeless, contact the Department of Homeless Services by dialing 311 or (718) 503-6400Nazareth Housing cannot accept families directly. Y See more details
Brooklyn, NY 11216 2.29 miles from city center Brooklyn
718-628-3223 Ready, Willing & Able provides a working way home for homeless men with long histories of incarceration, addiction, and unemployment.At the core of this 12 month residential program is paid work - complemented by holistic social services, caree See more details
New York City, NY 10003 2.35 miles from city center Brooklyn
(212)529-5252 Homes for the Homeless operates Community Residential Resource Centers (CRRCs) within the shelter infrastructure in an effort to simultaneously serve both homeless families and the surrounding community. Our CRRCs combine the basic services of a traditional shelter with a full range of inclusive pro See more details
Brooklyn, NY 11215 2.42 miles from city center Brooklyn
11215 Park Slope Womenís Shelter is a? 100-bed shelter at the Park Slope Armory in Brooklyn. The supportive, structured and therapeutic facility provides temporary housing, nutritious meals and comprehensive services and assistance for mentally ill, substance-abusing women.The shelter enables See more details
Brooklyn, NY 11221 2.86 miles from city center Brooklyn
(718) 455-0197 A faith-based, woman-focused agency headquartered in the Bedford-Stuyvesant community of Brooklyn, Providence House is built around the use of a unique mentoring model at smaller, congregate transitional housing facilities scattered throughout New York City.That model has been fashioned upon t See more details
Brooklyn, NY 11221 2.89 miles from city center Brooklyn
(718)455-0197 Providence House focuses its programs and services on two at-risk and underserved populations: women and children who are homeless and women recently paroled from prison. Providence House provides women and children in crisis with shelter, food and security as well as support services to help them t See more details
Jersey City, NJ 07302 2.95 miles from city center Brooklyn
(201) 451-8225 St. Joseph's Home is far more than a shelter. Here, the women of York Street Project in Jersey City, New Jersey are given the opportunity to take concrete steps towards attaining permanent housing while building independent lives for themselves and their families.
Our Home, a five-s See more details
New York, NY 1001 3.05 miles from city center Brooklyn
718-557-1399 24 hour shelter for men. Intake, Assessment, and General Population shelter for homeless men. Intake center for homeless men who are new to the DHS shelter system or who have not resided in the DHS system for over 12 months. New entrants are assigned to one of See more details
Manhattan, NY 10016 3.06 miles from city center Brooklyn
(718) 557-1399 Intake facility for Homeless men in New York City. Intake is open 24 hours a day.
Homeless individuals who have been in a shelter in New York City within the past 12 months should go to that shelter where they stayed. If not, they need to go to this intake facility.
See more details
New York, NY 10016 3.08 miles from city center Brooklyn
(212) 481-4707 Open 24 hours per day, including weekends and holidays.Citywide shelter intake center for homeless adult families, including homeless couples (domestic partnership required) with no children and families with no family members under 18 years of age.< See more details
Brooklyn, NY 11221 3.22 miles from city center Brooklyn
(718) 574-2200 Shelter for families. Call for details. SCO operates homeless shelters throughout Brooklyn, Queens and the Bronx that provide individuals and families a safe place to stay. Many of our shelters also offer a variety of on-site services including job readiness, d See more details
Brooklyn, NY 11221 3.24 miles from city center Brooklyn
(718) 453-4870 Women's Shelter 65 bed shelter for women that provides temporary emergency housing in a safe and supportive environment.Provides meals, security 24 hours a day, and on-site comprehensive services including case management, housing assistance, creative art therapy, medical and See more details
New York, NY 10016 3.32 miles from city center Brooklyn
(212) 883-0680 24 hours a day, 365 days a year drop in center. Operated by: Grand Central Neighborhood Social Services Corporation. Services: Clients can stay in emergency overnight shelter, receive a variety of
s See more details
Jersey City, NJ 07302 3.46 miles from city center Brooklyn
(201) 420-1070 Catholic Charities of the Archdiocese of NewarkStaff on-site 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Hope House, an emergency shelter for homeless women with children, helps families become self-sufficient by giving them an opportunity for decision making and for assuming responsibili See more details
New York, NY 1000 3.63 miles from city center Brooklyn
212-947-3211 Day Center / Drop In Center for the homeless and poor. Provides: Soup Kitchen, Free Showers.Shelter hours: 7 days a week from 7:30am to 8:30pm. See more details
New York, NY 10001 3.63 miles from city center Brooklyn
212-947-3211 Homeless Drop In Center. For both men and women.Hours: Mondays through Sundays: 7:30am to 8:30pm.Provides: Soup KitchenFree ShowersMany other programs and services See more details
New York City, NY 10001 3.63 miles from city center Brooklyn
(212)924-0167 Hours: Every weekday (including holidays) from 10:30am to 12:30pm. The Soup Kitchen provides a hot, nutritious, well-balanced mea. Although we only serve for two hours, the day at the soup kitchen is
much longer than that. It starts bright and early at 6 a See more details
Jersey City, NJ 07310 3.76 miles from city center Brooklyn
2016533366 Staff on-site 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Shelters has beds for 60 men & 20 women, also shelters 25 extras from Outreach program with Port Authority.
St. Lucy's Emergency Shelter is a supervised 24-hour, 7-day-a-week, year-round emergency shelter facility for sing See more details
Hoboken, NJ 07030 3.77 miles from city center Brooklyn
201-656-5069 Overnight shelter and meals.
Drug & Alcohol Counseling,
Medication Counseling, and
Dinner is prepared & served to 100 guests nightly, by 6000 volunteers throughout the year. We always wel See more details
New York City, NY 10016 3.85 miles from city center Brooklyn
(212) 883-0680 The Grand Central Neighborhood Social Services Corporation‚Äôs Multi-Service Drop-in Center serves a street homeless population of single adults.Those who use our center range from 18 to 75 years of age.GCNSSC currently provides services to over 300 homeless adults each day, on average. See more details
New York, NY 10018 3.87 miles from city center Brooklyn
212-389-9300 Office Hours: Mon-Fri 9:00-5:00Breaking Ground's mission is to strengthen individuals, families and communities by developing and sustaining exceptional supportive and affordable housing as well as programs for homeless and other vulnerable New Yorker's. The belief that every See more details
New York, NY 10018 4.05 miles from city center Brooklyn
212-629-7440 Sylvia's Place is an emergency shelter for GLBT homeless youth.Metropolitan Community Church of New York provides a spiritual home for
the Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender Community and all who choose
to join us, through prac See more details
Brooklyn, NY 11233 4.43 miles from city center Brooklyn
(718) 675-3353 Magnolia House Womenís Shelter in Brownsville, Brooklyn, is a 200-bed shelter that provides temporary emergency housing in a safe, supportive and drug-free facility for single women who are dually diagnosed with mental illness and substance abuse.Meals, 24/7 security and on-site compreh? See more details
Brooklyn, NY 11233 4.51 miles from city center Brooklyn
Atlantic House Menís Shelter in Brownsville, Brooklyn, is a 200-bed shelter that provides temporary emergency housing in a safe, supportive and drug-free facility for single men who are dually diagnosed with mental illness and substance abuse. Programs are designed to enable men to improve their abi See more details
Brooklyn, NY 11233 4.51 miles from city center Brooklyn
(718) 385-8726 The Gathering Place Drop-in Center serves homeless men and women, 18 and older, 24 hours per day, seven days a week, year round. The center provides a safe, sanitary and stable alternative to the street, using an individualized and flexible approach to serve the hard-to-reach street homeless populat See more details
New York, NY 10019 4.71 miles from city center Brooklyn
(212) 366-4459 120 bed shelter houses mentally ill and medically frail womenThe shelter helps the women as they work toward improving their health and acquiring permanent housing. The 52nd Street Womenís Center is a resident focused facility in Manhattan. See more details
Brooklyn , NY 11207 (718) 235-1464 Transitional housing for women with children. Homeless families with children.Overcoming-Love Ministries, Inc. (OCLM) is a 501(c)(3), faith-based organization which has served the communities of Brooklyn and Queens for over 30 years. We are an inter-denominational, multicultural, bilingu See more details
New York, NY 10075 5.42 miles from city center Brooklyn
917-677-0833 Supportive HousingSupportive housing pairs affordable housing with comprehensive on-site supportive services. It is an evidence-based approach that has been shown to be effective in improving housing stability, especially for chronically homeless individuals, as well as employment status See more details
Union City, NJ 07087 5.49 miles from city center Brooklyn
(201) 348-8150 Palisades Emergency Residence Corp
Palisades Emergency Residence Corporation (PERC) exists to defeat the cycle of poverty, understanding that food and shelter are fundamental human rights. PERC believes that with help there is hope. We believe that every person deserves dignity, respe See more details
Intake is open: 24 hours a day. Adult Women's ShelterTake Subway: C to Liberty Ave.
This is a NYC Department of Homeless Services intake shelter for women.
The intake facilities for single adults are open 24 hours, seven days a w See more details
Union City, NJ 07087 5.95 miles from city center Brooklyn
(201) 867 - 4093 Emergency Services, food, clothing, shelter, guidance, Adult rehabilitation services alcohol, social and correctional counseling. Furniture pick-up. See more details
New York, NY 10024 6.13 miles from city center Brooklyn
(212) 873-0140 Lalitamba Saranam (fondly known as Frederick's Place after our cat mascot) is a home for women in transition ages 18-25, including survivors of domestic violence and runaway youth located in the heart of New York City.In caring for guests, we offer wellness programs that tend to body, mind, an See more details
New York, NY 10024 6.15 miles from city center Brooklyn
212.873.0140 Lalitamba Saranam (fondly known as Fredericks Place after our cat mascot) is a holistic shelter for women, including female youth and victims of domestic violence, in the heart of New York City. We offer support with benefits and housing applications, as well as a comprehensive life skills program t See more details
New York, NY 10024 6.16 miles from city center Brooklyn
(212)873-0140 Respite for New York City's Women in TransitionIntake You are welcome to stay as a guest at Lalitamba Saranam.To register as a guest, you will need a valid picture ID and social security card/number.We ask that you be drug and alcohol free d See more details
Bayonne, NJ 07002 7.54 miles from city center Brooklyn
(201) 437 - 7222 To provide programs geared primarily for low income citizens, senior citizens and the handicapped. Information and referral is given to any citizen of Bayonne who needs our assistance. The B.E.O.F.'s programs range from pre-natal through the "Golden Years".
Multi-purpose community servi See more details
Queens, NY 11369 7.64 miles from city center Brooklyn
Temporary family homeless shelter. Provides for 169 families.The Landing provides comprehensive social services designed to prepare and return families to independent living in permanent housing as quickly as possible. Each family has an individualized service plan that outlines their un See more details
Staten Island, NY 10302 8.65 miles from city center Brooklyn
(718)448-1544 Emergency Shelter Clothing or Vouchers.Need Help? ‚Ä®If you are in Staten Island, New York, and you need help, please contact the following programs as appropriate:Need food?Please contact Project Hospitality‚Äôs Community Services Center, which is located at 514 Bay Street, See more details
Bronx, NY 10451 9.12 miles from city center Brooklyn
(718) 503-6400 All families with children must apply for shelter at DHS' Prevention Assistance and Temporary Housing (PATH) intake center. PATH, located in the Bronx, is a state-of-the-art and eco-friendly facility that has been specifically sized, staffed, and laid out to meet the demand for homeless service See more details
Bronx, NY 10474 9.68 miles from city center Brooklyn
(718) 893-3606 The only 24 hour drop in center for homeless in the Bronx.Our Safe Havens are temporary shelters for homeless adults. The Barretto Street Safe Haven (in the same building as the Living Room) has 50 beds for homeless adults The Pyramid See more details
Jamaica, NY 11435 9.71 miles from city center Brooklyn
Monday - Friday: 10:00AM - 6:00PM
Saturday: 12:00AM - 4:00PM
Closed on Sundays
This is a family shelter. We offer many community outreach services, like mental health referrals , domestic violence, job readiness classes, resume building, interview prep, etc See more details
Bronx, NY 10460 9.92 miles from city center Brooklyn
718-842-9797 To get to this shelter take Subway 2 to 149th St., then #55 bus to 166th St. and 3rd Ave.
This is a NYC Department of Homeless Services intake shelter for women only. Open 24 hours a day.
HS operates the most comprehensive shelter services system for single adults in the w See more details
Newark, NJ 07102 9.97 miles from city center Brooklyn
973-621-0181 Thirty day emergency shelter for homeless single men and women. Residents must arrive by 5 pm an leave in the morning by 7 am. No meals provided.
Languages other than English: Spanish.
Men or women that are in need of shelter from Essex County with ID. See more details
Newark, NJ 07102 10.14 miles from city center Brooklyn
(973) 639-2100 We provide support to individuals and families through programming in six areas: emergency services, workforce development, housing, prisoner re-entry, health, and family development. With intensive and holistic case management and our referral network, we help resilient individuals and famili See more details
Newark, NJ 07104 10.21 miles from city center Brooklyn
(973)482-8865 42 bed facility that serves 3 meals daily for women & children only. Case management, parenting skills, and budget counseling. Substance abuse counseling and mental health services are available on site.
Mon - Fri 9:00am - 5:00pm Program Director 24 hours a day /7 days a week M-F See more details
NEWARK, NJ 07102 10.23 miles from city center Brooklyn
(973) 621-8705 In 1989, Covenant House began its work in New Jersey by providing basic services to homeless youth on the streets of Newark and Atlantic City. Over the past 25 years, we have grown by creating more services and enhancing the quality of those services. Our focus is always on m See more details
Newark, NJ 07107 10.28 miles from city center Brooklyn
(973)621-9560 Here at Goodwill Rescue Mission on 79 University Avenue in Newark, NJ, we currently offer the following services to the poor and homeless:
- Hot Meals: We are open to serve men, women and children lunch (12:00-12:30) and dinner (5:45-6:30) seven days a week See more details
Bronx, NY 10452 10.47 miles from city center Brooklyn
(718) 293-2930 Cromwell Avenue Safe Haven is an 80-bed facility providing low demand transitional housing, direct care and case management services to long-term street homeless men and homeless veterans. For information, call (718) 293-2930. See more details
Newark, NJ 07104 10.73 miles from city center Brooklyn
(973) 732-5129 Peace House Inc. provides a temporary shelter for women who are homeless, released from substance abuse treatment programs or justice system. Women who are ready to make the transition to self-sufficiency and become productive members of society. Peace House Inc. is an eight bedroom home that house See more details
Bronx, NY 10453 11.29 miles from city center Brooklyn
718-943-1341 The 200-bed facility also houses mentally ill and medically frail women. Since opening, we have helped over 1,000 women at that facility in permanent housing. The 200-bed transitional womenís shelter is co-located with a CFH health and dental center. See more details
Newark, NJ 07103 11.35 miles from city center Brooklyn
(973) 623-8555 Harmony House is a transitional housing program with the primary goal of helping families move from homelessness to permanent housing and from dependency to self- sufficiency. With the capacity to house 102 families in individual apartment units and host of on-site social services, Harmo See more details
Elizabeth, NJ 07201 11.45 miles from city center Brooklyn
(908) 355-2060 The mission of the Elizabeth Coalition to House the Homeless is to ensure that homeless individuals and families, and those persons who imminently face homelessness in Union County:
Obtain safe, sanitary, and adequate temporary or emergency shelter;
Are provided with a See more details
Elizabeth, NJ 07201 11.72 miles from city center Brooklyn
908-352-2886 Emergency shelter for single adults. 45 bed capacity. Also provides additional supportive services to facilitate independence and self sufficiency. See more details
Newark, NJ 07103 11.94 miles from city center Brooklyn
973-483-2882 Emergency Services973-483-2882Currently URC maintains over 600 beds in 9 facilities servicing emergency, transitional, and permanent housing needs.Social ServicesURC offers a broad-based menu of social service programs. These include prompt intake and evaluation o See more details
Elizabeth, NJ 07201 11.94 miles from city center Brooklyn
908-355-9622 Shelter for single men age 18 and over and female heads of household families. Services provided are emergency food, housing search, referrals to medical and counseling services.
Homeless female head of household must be referred by the Division of Social Services. Single men over 18 ye See more details
newark, NJ 07103 12.16 miles from city center Brooklyn
9734162679 ANSWERS Moving Forward (AMF) is a nonprofit corporation formed to serve the male population in need of temporary shelter. Our facility is centrally located in Newark and is close to mass transportation
We provide a clean and safe environment for our residents. We specifically focus on the clients n See more details
irvington, NJ 07111 12.33 miles from city center Brooklyn
973 399 1393 A village for humanity provides men whom have in some way lost their footing an opportunity to re-establish and/or find their proper place in society by providing the basic necessity of supportive and stable housing.In our residential facility, we offer comprehensive services in a "homey" yet struct See more details
East Orange, NJ 07018 12.51 miles from city center Brooklyn
973-266-4481 Agency: East Orange General Hospital.
Homeless case management services for patients residing in Essex County who suffer from mental illness. Patient advocates and linkages to financial, medical and psychiatric services provided. See more details
Hackensack, NJ 07601 12.60 miles from city center Brooklyn
201-336-6475 Services Provided:
Links to Community Services
The center is designed to serve individual men and women who are homeless, individuals and families who are precariously housed, and others who require lin See more details
Bloomfield, NJ 07003 12.70 miles from city center Brooklyn
(973) 759 - 2154 Victims of domestic violence.
Emergency shelter, medical attention, case management, legal advocacy, court accompaniment, 24-hour hotline & shelter admission, food, clothing, comprehensive children's program, support group & individual counseling, housing advocacy, information & refer See more details
East Orange, NJ 07018 12.84 miles from city center Brooklyn
(973) 395 - 8400 This Division serves as the County's anti-poverty agency and provides a number of valuable emergency assistance and social services to individuals facing crisis situations.
Offers Emergency and Home Energy Assistance (NJ Shares)
Promotes Homelessness Preve See more details
Irvington, NJ 07111 13.23 miles from city center Brooklyn
973-375-8900 70 bed Men/Women ages 18+ double/triple room occupancy, newly installed handicap accessible elevator,24 hour staff & surveillance system, free laundry service, internet access, etc. See more details
East Orange, NJ 07017 13.47 miles from city center Brooklyn
8624002558 Intake hours: 7a-4p
The Rain foundation is a safe haven for homeless LGBTQ+IA youth between the age of 18-26 that are at risk or experiencing homelessness. RAIN is open 24/7. See more details
Hackensack, NJ 07601 13.63 miles from city center Brooklyn
201-968-0200 The 1st Stop Program provides a single point of entry for low-income families to access life changing public benefits. Available services include comprehensive needs assessment, benefit screening, information and referral, case management. advocacy, counseling and follow-up.
Services See more details
Passaic, NJ 07055 13.75 miles from city center Brooklyn
973-472-2478 Homelessness prevention activities include rental assistance to those who are eligible (funding permitting), vouchers for emergency hotel or rooming house shelter, and the Specialized Shelter Program. There are twenty-eight units for single people and some social services are provided to residents. See more details
Union, NJ 07083 13.78 miles from city center Brooklyn
(908) 851 - 9300 Short term emergency assistance to individuals, families or groups.
Low income individuals - people in need especially those who fall through the cracks
8:30 am - 4 pm, Mon - Fri. 24 hours emergency access by volunteer not clie See more details
Montclair, NJ 07042 14.10 miles from city center Brooklyn
973-746-2401 Juniper House is the Licensed Shelter operated under the REAL House umbrella of treatment services. Our goal is to provide a setting where residents learn to empower themselves through making positive choices for their future. We encourage women to slow down and take some time in getting to know wh See more details
Montclair, NJ 07042 14.10 miles from city center Brooklyn
973-746-2400 Real House was established 10 years ago. It is a shelter for women in the process of recovery from substance and domestic abuse. Here we strive to empower women through quality support services. We provide a clean and safe home base environment for our women, where they can do the necessary inner-wo See more details
Bronix, NY 10467 14.17 miles from city center Brooklyn
(718) 684-8886 NYC Department of Homeless Services shelter which provides 200 beds for men. Social Services Provided at shelter:assistance with benefits and gathering vital documentshousing case management See more details
Montclair, NJ 07042 14.56 miles from city center Brooklyn
973-744-8666 Emergency shelter for adults and families living in the suburban area of Essex County.
Eligibility: Adults and Families.The Salvation Army operates an emergency shelter in Montclair with a 23 bed capacity. The program offers additional supportive services to facilitate independence and See more details
Clifton, NJ 07011 14.66 miles from city center Brooklyn
(973) 262-5616 Transitional housing. Aimed at homeless families with children transitioning into independent living. Hope through Care, Inc. is an independent, non-profit organization that serves families with children in Passaic County community of Northern New Jersey.The objectives are:
See more details
Maplewood, NJ 07040 15.07 miles from city center Brooklyn
973-374-7838 Emergency residence dedicated to the provision of housing and support services to homeless single women and their children.We have NEVER accepted men in our facility. P
Our primary mission commits us to empowering underserved individuals with an initial focus on homeless individu See more details
Yonkers, NY 10701 17.11 miles from city center Brooklyn
914-963-2626 Temporary Homeless Shelter for men due to the closing of the Sharing Community Men's Drop In Center. Up to 50 men can be provided food and shelter at a time at this shelter location. If they reach capacity, people in need will be provided transportation to anot See more details
Paterson, NJ 07501 17.66 miles from city center Brooklyn
(973)278-7900 Emergency shelter, clothing, and food are provided to homeless men at a capacity of 40 beds. For men entering the shelter, a comprehensive assessment is done to determine what is needed beyond the immediate night off the street. Referrals are provided for housing, employment, mental health services See more details
Paterson, NJ 07501 17.73 miles from city center Brooklyn
973-523-6220 Has a men's shelter 40 beds, women's shelter 36 beds and shelter for women with children 18 mothers and up to 42 children.
Eva's Village is a uniquely progressive and comprehensive non-profit social service organization dedicated to fighting homelessness and poverty. Our mission is to See more details
Paterson, NJ 07505 18.00 miles from city center Brooklyn
(201) 684 - 5998 Affordable housing for homeless families. Must be homeless & head of household must be disabled. Residents are chosen based on their expected rate of success in this type of housing program. Medical and dental care for residents, day care services, after school programs, and recreational activities See more details
New Rochelle, NY 10801 18.04 miles from city center Brooklyn
(914) 235-2607 A 32 bed shelter which offers temporary shelter, clean bedding, and three meals per day for men and women who are faced with homelessness. The shelter is also handicapped accessible. Men and women allowed.
Oasis will continue to operate in its normal capacity as an emergency overnigh See more details
Paterson, NJ 07522 18.63 miles from city center Brooklyn
(973) 279-2333 A residential shelter for homeless families (women and their children). Residents receive sleeping accommodations and three meals per day, as well as assistance with finding permanent housing and services. Arrangements are made for residents to receive employment opportunities, mental health treatme See more details
Hempstead, NY 11550 18.78 miles from city center Brooklyn
(516) 486-6243 The INN (Interfaith Nutrition Network) addresses the issues of hunger and homelessness on Long Island by providing food, shelter, long-term housing, and supportive services in a dignified and respectful manner for those who seek our help. We are a not-for-profit, volunteer-based organization with a See more details
Uniondale, NY 11553 20.18 miles from city center Brooklyn
(516) 573-8626 If you are experiencing a housing crisis in Nassau County, you should go to the Nassau County Department of Social Services (DSS), at 60 Charles Lindbergh Blvd. in Uniondale, NY. Hours: Monday thru Friday, between the hours of 8:00 am ‚Äď 4:00 pm. A DSS emergency servic See more details
Ridgewood, NJ 07450 20.60 miles from city center Brooklyn
201-833-8009 Emergency Shelter for homeless working families.
The Family Promise Network is a sheltering program for homeless families with dependent children, accommodating up to 14 people at a time. Local congregations host the families overnight on a weekly rotating basis. Volunteers from hos See more details
Middletown, NJ 07734 21.49 miles from city center Brooklyn
732 495-1050 Our mission is to provide food, shelter and comprehensive services to homeless families in Monmouth County in cooperation with a network of interfaith congregations, while advocating innovative solutions to chronic homelessness.
ShelterOur s See more details
White Plains, NY 10601 25.50 miles from city center Brooklyn
914-995-2000 Hours: Mon-Fri 8:30 am-5:00 pmProvides the referrals for temporary shelter to homeless families, singles, and childless couples in the county. The office has a contractual relationship with not-for-profit agencies for the provision of case management services, shelt See more details
White Plains, NY 10601 25.53 miles from city center Brooklyn
914-948-5044 Open Arms provides a full range of shelter and rehabilitative services for up to 38 single, homeless men 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. The shelter also operates an Emergency Center where individuals who would otherwise have to spend their nights on the streets can receive emergency overnight shelt See more details
White Plains, NY 10601 25.89 miles from city center Brooklyn
(914) 948-3075 Samaritan House provides temporary shelter and rehabilitative services to homeless women suffering from substance abuse, mental illness, domestic violence, HIV/AIDS and those just out of prison on parole. 19-bed shelter provides comprehensive services as well as individualized treat See more details
White Plains, NY 10601 26.70 miles from city center Brooklyn
(914) 949-3098 Lifting Up Westchester restores hope to Westchester Countyís men, women
and children in need by providing them with food, shelter and
support and lifting them to greater self-sufficiency with dignity and
respect. For almost four decades, Lifting Up Westch See more details
Valhalla, NY 10595 28.33 miles from city center Brooklyn
(914) 231-4200 Shelter for homeless men, women, and couples without children. Capacity: 149 beds. Call for referral information. See more details