Welcome to our Armonk, New York Homeless Shelters and Services for the needy page. Below are all of the homeless shelters and services for the needy that provide help to those in need for Armonk, NY and surrounding cities.
We also provide other homeless resources such as transitional resources for the homeless. Homeless clinic and treatment center resources are also provided on the right navigational bar.
Many shelters also provide services such as alcohol and drug rehab treatment along with clinics. I try to provide as much information as possible on my details pages.
White Plains, NY 10601 6.18 miles from city center Armonk
(914) 949-3098 Lifting Up Westchester restores hope to Westchester County’s men, women
and children in need by providing them with food, shelter and
support and lifting them to greater self-sufficiency with dignity and
respect. For almost four decades, Lifting Up Westch See more details
White Plains, NY 10601 7.00 miles from city center Armonk
(914) 948-3075 Samaritan House provides temporary shelter and rehabilitative services to homeless women suffering from substance abuse, mental illness, domestic violence, HIV/AIDS and those just out of prison on parole. 19-bed shelter provides comprehensive services as well as individualized treat See more details
White Plains, NY 10601 7.38 miles from city center Armonk
914-948-5044 Open Arms provides a full range of shelter and rehabilitative services for up to 38 single, homeless men 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. The shelter also operates an Emergency Center where individuals who would otherwise have to spend their nights on the streets can receive emergency overnight shelt See more details
White Plains, NY 10601 7.41 miles from city center Armonk
914-995-2000 Hours: Mon-Fri 8:30 am-5:00 pmProvides the referrals for temporary shelter to homeless families, singles, and childless couples in the county. The office has a contractual relationship with not-for-profit agencies for the provision of case management services, shelt See more details
Stamford, CT 6904 10.04 miles from city center Armonk
(203)964-8228 Soup Kitchen and Day Shelter.
We are open every day to the public and provide three meals daily to anyone hungry. We also have a food pantry program that distributes bagged groceries to individual and families every Tuesday each month. New Covenant House is the only soup kitchen in the See more details
Stamford, CT 06901 10.10 miles from city center Armonk
(203) 388-0100 NOTE: We are part of a coordinated access network in the state of CT, so the only way to actually get into the shelter system here is to call 211 We are one of the largest providers of homeless services in CT. We serve single w See more details
Stamford, CT 06902 10.78 miles from city center Armonk
203-348-2792 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, food - breakfast and dinner. Pacific House is a men's emergency shelter which typically serves 60-85
men each night but often serves 100 or more men during the winter
months. It operates 365 days, 24 hours per day, and provides breakfast
and See more details
New Rochelle, NY 10801 15.41 miles from city center Armonk
(914) 235-2607 A 32 bed shelter which offers temporary shelter, clean bedding, and three meals per day for men and women who are faced with homelessness. The shelter is also handicapped accessible. Men and women allowed.
Oasis will continue to operate in its normal capacity as an emergency overnigh See more details
Norwalk, CT 06854 15.53 miles from city center Armonk
(203) 866-1057 Single night and short term shelter. Supportive housing and transitional housing. Permanent housing transition. In addition, provides food, clothing, case management service, treatment services, education, and employment.
We provide shelter nightly with over 95 beds in our facility loc See more details
Peekskill, NY 10566 15.91 miles from city center Armonk
914-736-2636 CHHOP is open 365 days a year 24 hours a day.The mission of Caring for the Homeless of Peekskill Inc. (CHOP) is to alleviate hunger and homelessness in our community by providing temporary housing for homeless adults, and by referring clients to appropriate agencies in order to help them See more details
Norwalk, CT 06855 16.15 miles from city center Armonk
(203) 857-0088 Malta House is a shelter for homeless, single mothers either pregnant or with babies under age three. Malta House is open 365 days with 24 hour supervision. Besides safe shelter, MH expects all women to participate in the entire program that will make them better mothers and contributing community See more details
Yonkers, NY 10701 16.22 miles from city center Armonk
914-963-2626 Temporary Homeless Shelter for men due to the closing of the Sharing Community Men's Drop In Center. Up to 50 men can be provided food and shelter at a time at this shelter location. If they reach capacity, people in need will be provided transportation to anot See more details
Pomona, NY 10970 17.13 miles from city center Armonk
845-364-3100 Prevention of homelessness by providing help to secure temporary and permanent housing including immediate shelter in emergency situations.
After Hours call the Rockland County Sheriff's Office at (845) 638-5400. See more details
Westport, CT 06880 18.46 miles from city center Armonk
203-226-3426 Provides permanent temporary and emergency housing for men women and families who are homeless or at risk of becoming homeless.
Mission: Homes with Hope, a not-for-profit agency with an IRS 501(c)(3) designation, is a local grassroots response to the tragedy of homelessness. With a cari See more details
Bronix, NY 10467 18.72 miles from city center Armonk
(718) 684-8886 NYC Department of Homeless Services shelter which provides 200 beds for men. Social Services Provided at shelter:assistance with benefits and gathering vital documentshousing case management See more details
Bronx, NY 10453 21.64 miles from city center Armonk
718-943-1341 The 200-bed facility also houses mentally ill and medically frail women. Since opening, we have helped over 1,000 women at that facility in permanent housing. The 200-bed transitional women’s shelter is co-located with a CFH health and dental center. See more details
Bronx, NY 10452 22.48 miles from city center Armonk
(718) 293-2930 Cromwell Avenue Safe Haven is an 80-bed facility providing low demand transitional housing, direct care and case management services to long-term street homeless men and homeless veterans. For information, call (718) 293-2930. See more details
Danbury, CT 06810 22.89 miles from city center Armonk
(203) 796-1661 Hours of operation: 9 PM—9 AM
Homeless shelter for 18 and older.
Emergency Shelter services for homeless adults without children. Thirty (30) days maximum stay. Admission criteria must be met.
Shower & bathroom
See more details
Danbury, CT 06810 22.92 miles from city center Armonk
203796-1661 20 bed shelter, 30 day stay for free. 5 beds for women, 5 beds dedicated to homeless veterans, 10 beds for males - all over the age of 18. Support services offered by various social service agencies/organizations. Will assist in placement for drug and alcohol abuse. See more details
Bronx, NY 10460 22.96 miles from city center Armonk
718-842-9797 To get to this shelter take Subway 2 to 149th St., then #55 bus to 166th St. and 3rd Ave.
This is a NYC Department of Homeless Services intake shelter for women only. Open 24 hours a day.
HS operates the most comprehensive shelter services system for single adults in the w See more details
Danbury, CT 06810 23.23 miles from city center Armonk
(203) 797-8606 ā€ˇ This is an overflow homeless shelter. It is not open all year long. Generally during the winter it opens up. Check out the website for current news and whether or not the shelter is currently open and accepting people. See more details
Bronx, NY 10474 23.26 miles from city center Armonk
(718) 893-3606 The only 24 hour drop in center for homeless in the Bronx.Our Safe Havens are temporary shelters for homeless adults. The Barretto Street Safe Haven (in the same building as the Living Room) has 50 beds for homeless adults The Pyramid See more details
Danbury, CT 06810 23.28 miles from city center Armonk
203-349-2428 Program Hours
Morning Glory Breakfast Program serves a hot and healthy meal to the hungry and homeless of the Danbury area. Operating out of 15 Spring Street in Danbury, the program in conveniently located to the homeless shelters. Morning Glory serves a hot breakfast and p See more details
Hackensack, NJ 07601 23.48 miles from city center Armonk
201-968-0200 The 1st Stop Program provides a single point of entry for low-income families to access life changing public benefits. Available services include comprehensive needs assessment, benefit screening, information and referral, case management. advocacy, counseling and follow-up.
Services See more details
Bronx, NY 10451 23.80 miles from city center Armonk
(718) 503-6400 All families with children must apply for shelter at DHS' Prevention Assistance and Temporary Housing (PATH) intake center. PATH, located in the Bronx, is a state-of-the-art and eco-friendly facility that has been specifically sized, staffed, and laid out to meet the demand for homeless service See more details
Hackensack, NJ 07601 24.26 miles from city center Armonk
201-336-6475 Services Provided:
Links to Community Services
The center is designed to serve individual men and women who are homeless, individuals and families who are precariously housed, and others who require lin See more details
Queens, NY 11369 26.07 miles from city center Armonk
Temporary family homeless shelter. Provides for 169 families.The Landing provides comprehensive social services designed to prepare and return families to independent living in permanent housing as quickly as possible. Each family has an individualized service plan that outlines their un See more details
New York, NY 10024 27.13 miles from city center Armonk
212.873.0140 Lalitamba Saranam (fondly known as Fredericks Place after our cat mascot) is a holistic shelter for women, including female youth and victims of domestic violence, in the heart of New York City. We offer support with benefits and housing applications, as well as a comprehensive life skills program t See more details
New York, NY 10024 27.16 miles from city center Armonk
(212)873-0140 Respite for New York City's Women in TransitionIntake You are welcome to stay as a guest at Lalitamba Saranam.To register as a guest, you will need a valid picture ID and social security card/number.We ask that you be drug and alcohol free d See more details
New York, NY 10024 27.19 miles from city center Armonk
(212) 873-0140 Lalitamba Saranam (fondly known as Frederick's Place after our cat mascot) is a home for women in transition ages 18-25, including survivors of domestic violence and runaway youth located in the heart of New York City.In caring for guests, we offer wellness programs that tend to body, mind, an See more details
New York, NY 10075 27.52 miles from city center Armonk
917-677-0833 Supportive HousingSupportive housing pairs affordable housing with comprehensive on-site supportive services. It is an evidence-based approach that has been shown to be effective in improving housing stability, especially for chronically homeless individuals, as well as employment status See more details
New York, NY 10019 28.75 miles from city center Armonk
(212) 366-4459 120 bed shelter houses mentally ill and medically frail womenThe shelter helps the women as they work toward improving their health and acquiring permanent housing. The 52nd Street Women’s Center is a resident focused facility in Manhattan. See more details
Union City, NJ 07087 28.99 miles from city center Armonk
(201) 867 - 4093 Emergency Services, food, clothing, shelter, guidance, Adult rehabilitation services alcohol, social and correctional counseling. Furniture pick-up. See more details
New York City, NY 10016 29.18 miles from city center Armonk
(212) 883-0680 The Grand Central Neighborhood Social Services Corporationā€™s Multi-Service Drop-in Center serves a street homeless population of single adults.Those who use our center range from 18 to 75 years of age.GCNSSC currently provides services to over 300 homeless adults each day, on average. See more details
Union City, NJ 07087 29.28 miles from city center Armonk
(201) 348-8150 Palisades Emergency Residence Corp
Palisades Emergency Residence Corporation (PERC) exists to defeat the cycle of poverty, understanding that food and shelter are fundamental human rights. PERC believes that with help there is hope. We believe that every person deserves dignity, respe See more details
New York, NY 10018 29.56 miles from city center Armonk
212-629-7440 Sylvia's Place is an emergency shelter for GLBT homeless youth.Metropolitan Community Church of New York provides a spiritual home for
the Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender Community and all who choose
to join us, through prac See more details
New York, NY 10018 29.59 miles from city center Armonk
212-389-9300 Office Hours: Mon-Fri 9:00-5:00Breaking Ground's mission is to strengthen individuals, families and communities by developing and sustaining exceptional supportive and affordable housing as well as programs for homeless and other vulnerable New Yorker's. The belief that every See more details
New York, NY 10016 29.78 miles from city center Armonk
(212) 883-0680 24 hours a day, 365 days a year drop in center. Operated by: Grand Central Neighborhood Social Services Corporation. Services: Clients can stay in emergency overnight shelter, receive a variety of
s See more details
New York, NY 10001 29.84 miles from city center Armonk
212-947-3211 Homeless Drop In Center. For both men and women.Hours: Mondays through Sundays: 7:30am to 8:30pm.Provides: Soup KitchenFree ShowersMany other programs and services See more details
New York, NY 1000 29.84 miles from city center Armonk
212-947-3211 Day Center / Drop In Center for the homeless and poor. Provides: Soup Kitchen, Free Showers.Shelter hours: 7 days a week from 7:30am to 8:30pm. See more details
New York, NY 10016 29.88 miles from city center Armonk
(212) 481-4707 Open 24 hours per day, including weekends and holidays.Citywide shelter intake center for homeless adult families, including homeless couples (domestic partnership required) with no children and families with no family members under 18 years of age.< See more details
Manhattan, NY 10016 29.89 miles from city center Armonk
(718) 557-1399 Intake facility for Homeless men in New York City. Intake is open 24 hours a day.
Homeless individuals who have been in a shelter in New York City within the past 12 months should go to that shelter where they stayed. If not, they need to go to this intake facility.
See more details
New York, NY 1001 29.90 miles from city center Armonk
718-557-1399 24 hour shelter for men. Intake, Assessment, and General Population shelter for homeless men. Intake center for homeless men who are new to the DHS shelter system or who have not resided in the DHS system for over 12 months. New entrants are assigned to one of See more details
New York City, NY 10001 29.99 miles from city center Armonk
(212)924-0167 Hours: Every weekday (including holidays) from 10:30am to 12:30pm. The Soup Kitchen provides a hot, nutritious, well-balanced mea. Although we only serve for two hours, the day at the soup kitchen is
much longer than that. It starts bright and early at 6 a See more details
Newburgh, NY 12550 30.37 miles from city center Armonk
(845) 562-8255 Offers help in finding temporary shelter. If there is no shelter available, they will provide motel vouchers. Also assists recently homeless/low-income people in need of basic furniture and household items.
Hours: Mon - Fri 9:00 am-5:00 pm See more details
New Yok, NY 10009 30.81 miles from city center Armonk
(212) 777-1010 Emergency Shelter, Supportive Housing Provider and Homelessness Prevention Non-Profit in New York City.If you are currently homeless, contact the Department of Homeless Services by dialing 311 or (718) 503-6400Nazareth Housing cannot accept families directly. Y See more details
New York City, NY 10003 30.81 miles from city center Armonk
(212)529-5252 Homes for the Homeless operates Community Residential Resource Centers (CRRCs) within the shelter infrastructure in an effort to simultaneously serve both homeless families and the surrounding community. Our CRRCs combine the basic services of a traditional shelter with a full range of inclusive pro See more details
Hoboken, NJ 07030 31.36 miles from city center Armonk
201-656-5069 Overnight shelter and meals.
Drug & Alcohol Counseling,
Medication Counseling, and
Dinner is prepared & served to 100 guests nightly, by 6000 volunteers throughout the year. We always wel See more details
Jersey City, NJ 07310 32.07 miles from city center Armonk
2016533366 Staff on-site 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Shelters has beds for 60 men & 20 women, also shelters 25 extras from Outreach program with Port Authority.
St. Lucy's Emergency Shelter is a supervised 24-hour, 7-day-a-week, year-round emergency shelter facility for sing See more details