Dumfries Homeless Shelters & Services For The Needy
Welcome to our Dumfries, Virginia Homeless Shelters and Services for the needy page. Below are all of the homeless shelters and services for the needy that provide help to those in need for Dumfries, VA and surrounding cities.
Help Us Help You
We also provide other homeless resources such as transitional resources for the homeless. Homeless clinic and treatment center resources are also provided on the right navigational bar.
Many shelters also provide services such as alcohol and drug rehab treatment along with clinics. I try to provide as much information as possible on my details pages.
Dumfries, VA 22026 703-221-3188 4 rooms for families and 6 beds for single males in a dorm-style room. Includes a community living room, kitchen, play area for children and laundry facilities. Acceptance requires completion of the standard intake process for all shelters in the county and a background check.
Woodbridge, VA 22192 4.61 miles from city center Dumfries
703-897-0199 Hours of Operation Monday: 1:00 pm to 6:00 pm Tuesday: 1:00 pm - 6:00 pm Wednesday: 1:00 pm - 6:00 pm Thursday: 7:00 am - 12:00 pm Friday: 9:00 am to 1:00 pm &nbs See more details
Manassas, VA 20144 15.37 miles from city center Dumfries
(571) 748-2600 Emergency Assistance Shelter: Please call our Intake Coordinator for SERVE Family Shelter in Manassas at 571.748.2603. All calls will be answered within 24 hours on business days.
92-bed emergency shelter for families and individuals
The county's l See more details
Waldorf, MD 20603 16.83 miles from city center Dumfries
301.751.4870 We are an outreach ministry, servicing the needy in the DC, MD and Va regions. We prepare hot meals for the homeless twice a week and distribute groceries, to families in need through the months. Please call 301.751.4870 for days/hours of distribution. See more details
LaPlata, MD 20646 19.29 miles from city center Dumfries
301-392-6400 Emergency shelter placement. Food Counseling, case management. Assistance with benefits applications. 301-934-2222 (after-hours) See more details
La Plata, MD 20646 19.29 miles from city center Dumfries
(301) 392-6724 Assists the family with crises, including food and shelter emergencies, and provides counseling services to assist the family to overcome problems of parenting, parent-child conflict and family dysfunction.
Eligibility: Families with children and vulnerable adults.
Hours: Mon-Fri, See more details
Fredericksburg, VA 22401 20.90 miles from city center Dumfries
540-899-9853 80 bed high demand programmatic emergency shelter for men, women and children - 90 day program
Primary focus on Planning District 16 See more details
Fairfax, VA 22124 21.15 miles from city center Dumfries
571.748.2500 Referrals Outreach Services and provides a multitude of assistance services.
SERVE is the Manassas campus of Northern Virginia Family Service. It is unique for its holistic approach to helping our community's most vulnerable individuals and families address a variety of needs on their p See more details
Alexandria, VA 22314 22.81 miles from city center Dumfries
(703)548-7500 Carpenter's Shelter is the largest homeless shelter in Northern Virginia, serving over 300 homeless men, women and children each year. Our 80 bed facility is located just north of Old Town Alexandria, VA.
Carpenter's Shelter is more than just a roof; we continuously work with our resi See more details
Arlington, VA 22204 24.89 miles from city center Dumfries
703-228-0022 Located in Arlington, Virginia, Volunteers of America Chesapeake's Residential Program Center provides three crucial services - non-medical detoxification, substance abuse recovery and homeless services for single adults - all under one roof.
Arlington, VA 22201 25.23 miles from city center Dumfries
(703)525-7177 Bridges to Independence (b2i) is Northern Virginiaâ€™s leading provider of services for homeless women/families and those at risk. We offer a continuum of aid and support for all family members, helping them attain stability and move forward into self-sufficiency. Prevention is our other priority â€ See more details
Arlington, VA 22206 25.89 miles from city center Dumfries
(703)820-4357 A-SPAN provides life-sustaining services for Arlington's street homeless. Our mission is to secure permanent housing for one of Arlington's most vulnerable populations through outreach and relationships built on trust and respect.
Reston , VA 20190 27.28 miles from city center Dumfries
571-323-1396 The Embry Rucker Community Shelter is a 70-bed residential shelter that provides healthy, safe, emergency housing for families and single men and women. We are dedicated to helping our clients overcome the circumstances that led to their homelessness, and facilitate their transition to stable housin See more details
Washington, DC 20007 27.32 miles from city center Dumfries
(202) 338-8301 Provides homeless people and people at risk of becoming homeless information, referrals, casework, advocacy, winter shelter and street outreach services. Services are mainly focused on Georgetown/Foggy Bottom area and are designed not only to get people off the street but to keep them off.
Washington, DC 20002 27.69 miles from city center Dumfries
202-678-2341 Calvary Women's Services provides women who are homeless in DC "a safe caring place for tonight; support, hope and change for tomorrow.
Calvary's mission is two-fold: To provide homeless women with a place to live and basic services and to help educate and empower women for independent See more details
Washington, DC 20001 28.34 miles from city center Dumfries
(202) 393-1909 The 1,350-Bed Federal City Shelter is the largest and most comprehensive facility of its kind in America.
We also provide clothing to our residents. Donors, including stores, contribute thousands of pounds of clothing and shoes to CCNV's residents each year. Surplus clothing is sold in The Tr See more details
Washington, DC 20001 28.34 miles from city center Dumfries
(202) 508-0500 Located at 2nd & D, NW, spanning the entire block, and with the capacity to house well over a thousand people, Federal City Shelter FCS is the largest shelter in the country. JHP maintains a â€śbusiness centerâ€ť in the lobby that gives shelter residents access to free computers, internet, phones See more details
Washington, DC 20005 28.44 miles from city center Dumfries
(202) 939-2060 Bethany Women's Center and Case Management
Bethany Women's Center is a drop in program that offers women safe respite from the streets, support for basic needs, and access to resources and opportunities to help them move out of homelessness.
Washington, DC 20010 28.51 miles from city center Dumfries
2025031523 Thrive DC is a homeless service organization providing an onsite breakfast (for anyone) and dinner (women and children only) and a lunch to go, as well as offering job training, employment preparedness services, access to showers, laundry, a computer lab, mail and phones. We distribute hygiene suppl See more details
Washington, DC 20001 28.51 miles from city center Dumfries
(202) 682-1005 Provides a safe daytime shelter for homeless and formerly homeless women. Offers meals (breakfast and lunch), daily NA meetings, education/training programs, support groups, case management, mental health referrals and access to showers and a laundry. Women in need of overnight shelter are referred See more details
Washington, DC 20001 29.18 miles from city center Dumfries
(202) 727-2832 Provides residential housing and supportive services to 85 homeless men. Services include food, substance abuse counseling, case management, employment and housing placement assistance. Washers and dryers are available on the site. Dormitory style-sleeping with 20 men per dorm. Projected length of s See more details
Washington, DC 20009 29.20 miles from city center Dumfries
(202) 328-1100 Provides a 24-hour medical care facility and temporary residence for those who are both ill and homeless. Also offers comprehensive nutritional, pastoral, and social services. Staff make special arrangements for hospitalization, visits to medical specialists, and follow-up care as needed.
Washington, DC 20009 29.46 miles from city center Dumfries
(202) 756-2600 The Grate Patrol offers food, clothing, blankets, and outreach services to homeless men and women. A mobile canteen, staffed by volunteers, travels to primary locations where homeless people gather in the District. The van currently stops at 17th and Constitution, NW; 6th and Constitution, NW; and 2 See more details
Washington, DC 20001 29.80 miles from city center Dumfries
202.355.5155 Our Drop Inn-Community Center is the only Bilingual Multicultural LGBT safe space in Washington, DC open 6 days a week, Monday-Saturday from 12-8pm.Our goal is to support the most vulnerable in our LGBT community when need it most. Staff and volunteers working together to provide basic human service See more details
Washington, DC 20011 29.82 miles from city center Dumfries
Provides residential housing and supportive services to 12 homeless men. Services include food, substance abuse counseling, case management, employment and housing placement assistance. Washers and dryers are available on the site. Dormitory style sleeping for 2-3 men per room. Projected length of s See more details
Washington, DC 20002 29.87 miles from city center Dumfries
202-705-6114 This is Transitional Housing, not a homeless shelter.
Hyacinth's Place is 15 individual affordable transitional housing units for previously homeless women with a mental health diagnosis. We provide our women with apartments of one bedroom and a small bathroom while we work to put them See more details
Washington, DC 20002 30.17 miles from city center Dumfries
Provides emergency overnight shelter (126 beds) for men over age 18 on a first-come first served basis. Men who stay in the shelter have a reserved bed for the following night if they return to the shelter by 9:00 pm. Services provided include a sandwich, snack, access to showers and case management See more details
Washington, DC 20010 30.19 miles from city center Dumfries
202-882-1237 This is a residential housing transitional housing service for 40 homeless men.
Provided at this location: ood, substance abuse counseling, case management, employment and housing placement assistance. Washers and dryers are available on the site. Dormitory style sleeping for 40 men. See more details
Washington, DC 20018 30.49 miles from city center Dumfries
1-800-535-7252 Serves as the intake center for the majority of emergency shelters and housing for homeless families in the District of Columbia. Families seeking emergency assistance and housing are screened to determine if they are eligible for temporary emergency housing. Other services provided at the site inc See more details
Washington, DC 20011 30.51 miles from city center Dumfries
202-722-4544 Provides residential housing and supportive services to 12 homeless men. Services include food, substance abuse counseling, case management, employment and housing placement assistance. Washers and dryers are available on-site. Dormitory style sleeping for 2-3 men per room.
Washington, DC 20019 30.60 miles from city center Dumfries
(202) 724-3932 Provides temporary emergency shelter and social services for homeless families. Referrals accepted from Virginia Williams Family Resource Center only.
See our other listing in Washington DC for the Williams Family Resource Center in order to gain admittance to this location.
Eligibilit See more details
Brentwood, MD 20722 32.64 miles from city center Dumfries
301-731-1203 Provides domestic violence resources.
1) SHORT-TERM SHELTER: Provides 24-hour shelter for women and their children who are victims of domestic violence. May stay 30 to 90 days.
2) BATTERERS INTERVENTION: Counseling & anger management teaching individuals and f See more details